09-12-05, 09:52 AM   #1
Rowne
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rowne's favourites

I'm testing the waters here at WoWInterface so I've just put a couple of my favourites up; in the Miscellaneous section you can now find ...

Ascend: Great for funnin' around.
Timex: My efficiency-obsessed timing system.
Timex - ChatCommand: A chat-command module for Timex.
Timex - Placeholder: A Chronos compatability module for Timex.

Short: Tolerance FTW?

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-12-05 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Added links to the downloads for you - Cair
09-12-05, 12:15 PM   #2
Trimble Epic
An Aku'mai Servant

I'm going to have a look, simply because I like to read code. I like to see all the different styles of different programmers - it's really quite enlightening.

Edit: Nevermind, I found ACE too.

Last edited by Trimble Epic : 09-12-05 at 12:56 PM.
09-12-05, 01:48 PM   #3
Rowne
A Fallenroot Satyr

Well, I hope you like what you see. Over the months I've learned a lot of tricks and picked up Object-Oriented coding. It's been an entertaining little jaunt and I've created all manner of merryment with it. I'll get PartyTime up here soon, too. I'm going to focus on my 'fun' AddOns first I think because there's just not enough of that around.

Oh and I must say, you have the most incredibly adorable avatar imaginable. My kitti-appreciation approves.

09-12-05, 02:12 PM   #4
Trimble Epic
An Aku'mai Servant

Thanks. That's my Cat druid. Isn't he fierce? Doesn't he strike fear into the hearts of wrong-doers everywhere? I tried to find an image that is frightening in proportion to the amount of damage Druids can actually do.

Anyhow, I've been studing object oriented programming myself. It's a new way of thinking for me, but I'm trying to embrace it. I recently finished a book called Microsoft Object Thinking, and it gave me a more far-reaching view of objects than anything I've read yet... and I must say, of all the self-proclaimed "OO" addon's I've heard, I have not yet found one that is truely OO the way this books envisions..... ...well, maybe Flexbar, but not much else yet. Perhaps I'll find some in your new code.

I'm reading the ACE code now. It's rather impressive. I'm somewhat surprised to be credited by Turan for some of the debug stuff. This looks like true OO stuff. Nice.
09-12-05, 02:39 PM   #5
Rowne
A Fallenroot Satyr

Well, if you're looking for help and information, there're a lot of Ace(D) AddOns out there now. Most of them can be found [at the official Ace forums]. Further, we've gone out of our way (in the Developer's Corner and some other areas) to provide help, tips, hints, tricks and other assorted coding nuggets to aid anyone who's starting out in Ace(D) coding. You might be surprised at just how many AddOns and coders there are floating around those boards. I'd have to say that for all my talents, I'm one of their least talented members.

I'll be bringing as many of my AddOns as I can over to WoWInterface soon so you'll be able to look at them here but if you're interested in an Ace resource, just for the learnin' an beknowledgement of it all, the forums are a nice place to poke around. Good peoples there too.

---

Oh and your avatar is truly fierce, it's about as fierce as I am a stolid mercantile-empowered suit-encrusted businessman. So that must be truly fierce!

09-12-05, 03:42 PM   #6
Turan
A Murloc Raider
Hey, Trimble. Good to see you're still around. I don't hang out at IGN or the official WoW forums anymore, so I haven't seen you in a while. The kitten is fierce. I wish my druid could polymorph into that.

On Ace and OO... it's real OO and it isn't. Lua's implementation is only a rough look-alike. It's not real OO but you can make it look that way, mostly. Plus, it very hackish. We're coming up with some amazing stuff in the Ace forums. Just look at the discussions in the dev forum on AceDB, AceGUI, and metatables. It's wild stuff that no other OO language could do.

I tried to give credit in Ace to all the influences I felt went into it. You got me into addon coding and I used your debug implementation in some form over and over again until it finally became what it is now.

Hope to see you join us for some discussion, Trimble.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Rowne's favourites