10-25-10, 06:21 AM   #1
excitor
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Request: Repair of EasyCopy for 4.0.1

Well I'll keep it short, the addon EasyCopy (by bitbiter) hasn't been updated since the 1st of July. It's been working all the way until patch 4.0.1 hit but now it broke completely with 30+ Lua error (30+ no reason for me to post any of them) but most of them have something to do with "index global 'this' (a nil value)"

Well I need someone to fix/repair this addon, I've been searching the last week and I can't find any addon/combination of addons that have the same features.
Here's the link for the addon:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-EasyCopy.html

I'd really appreciate if someone take the time to fix it, I know it might be a lot of effort for just one small addon, but it might also be just a few Lua lines to modify for it to work again.

Thanks in advance, and sorry no clue on how to do linebreaks and make well structured post...

//Vítálítý EU Burning Steppes
10-25-10, 06:31 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's one of my favorites, I might take a look but
BasicChatMods I'm pretty sure does most of what it did (is what i'm using now) if not in the same way.

Edit:
Took a look, there's alot of this -> self stuff and removal of global arg?? to fix but that's fairly trivial (just tedious)
There's also a taint problem though through the use of UIFrameFlash* functions.

I'd say wait for the original author to update properly than get a half-working "fan's update".

Or look again for alternatives.

Last edited by Dridzt : 10-25-10 at 06:44 AM.
10-25-10, 06:52 AM   #3
excitor
A Murloc Raider

Will look into the BasicChatMods addon, and thanks for pointing out what the errors are

Still hoping for someone to look into it though

//Vítálítý EU Burning Steppes

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Repair of EasyCopy for 4.0.1