10-29-10, 11:47 AM   #1
hydrochetta
A Defias Bandit
Question PvP/Raid Playbook Addon

Hi, I am new here so first off I'd like to say thanks for having me and reading my thread. I'll try to keep it short because I know how us wowheads hate walls of text.

I would like to see an addon that you would be able to make "plays" with, like a football coach would do. For example, Arathi basin can be a little confusing at times. I would like to be able to map out where I want each of my guild members with some sort of routing system with color coded lines. I would like for people to be able to install the playbook and we could share plays back and forth. It would allow for incredible coordination for not only pvp but many raids alike.

Not only would I like to see the plays shared amongst players but I would like to see the addon provide the ability to view guild members and friends on the map, even the people who do not have the addon installed. I have read many places people seem to believe each person must obtain the addon before viewing each other, I want to say this right now, that is WRONG. I have had a map addon, cannot remember the title, that even allowed me to view the people I was ignoring.

I look forward to all your guys responses and thoughts. I would like to hopefully be a part of a major revolutionary addon creation and I thought no better place to start but right here on Wowinterface.com
10-29-10, 01:33 PM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by hydrochetta View Post
Not only would I like to see the plays shared amongst players but I would like to see the addon provide the ability to view guild members and friends on the map, even the people who do not have the addon installed. I have read many places people seem to believe each person must obtain the addon before viewing each other, I want to say this right now, that is WRONG. I have had a map addon, cannot remember the title, that even allowed me to view the people I was ignoring.
It is impossible for an addon to display where a person is on the map unless one of two conditions are met:
1. The player is in your party or raid, or
2. The player is using an addon compatible with yours that sends out location data.

Whatever map addon you had, you are either mistaken in that it shows your ignored players, or those ignored players are broadcasting their position via an addon identical to or compatible with your own. Or possibly it was from waaaaaay back in the days, and Blizzard actually sent position data then. They haven't for at least a few years now though.

The reason I say it is impossible is because Blizzard doesn't send out information about where players are to other players with the exeption of party and raid members. Even if you got an addon that would hypothetically accept all guildie position data and display it on your map, it still wouldn't work simply because the data - doesn't - exist.

10-29-10, 03:54 PM   #3
hydrochetta
A Defias Bandit
I had the addon just recently before 4.0.1 was released. It was a map addon. I have so many I don't even know which one had the feature. I'm not going to say you are wrong. But you did not even comment on the whole idea of my addon. I would like to hear opinions on my idea and what you guys think of it.
10-29-10, 09:53 PM   #4
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Cartographer let you see anybody in your guild who was also using Cartographer (or any player who had LibGuildPositions-1.0 installed), and I believe Carbonite allows you see every Carbonite user on your faction and server on the minimap.
10-30-10, 08:51 AM   #5
hydrochetta
A Defias Bandit
Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I used to use Carbonite. I also have located the other addon you had mentioned. I would like to find an addon that incorporates this feature with a routing system that I can share with chosen people who share the same addon. It will simplify a lot of things I think and simply just make it more productive. I do not know how to make addons or else I would. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to learn or simply put in a request to a creator?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » PvP/Raid Playbook Addon