05-16-09, 12:28 AM   #21
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I'm very excited for the Beta! If I catch any bugs, I'll be sure to post as much info about my computer spec's, what I was doing, etc. as I can.

Looking great, my AddOns are dying to be updated by this new updater
05-16-09, 09:01 AM   #22
zandoz
A Murloc Raider

Yea,

Since WoWMatrix stopped function (Or well, it still works, but missing a lot of addons, or addons that wouldn't be updated anymore)
And since Curse has made their premium memberschip in their client active, my addons haven't been updated for 3 weeks now. Can't wait till tomorrow
05-16-09, 09:28 AM   #23
Falter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is there anything we should know about how to properly report bugs?
Should I consider pushing this out to my guild to really stress test it?
Will the program auto-update as fixes are made?

I hope you guys are getting ready that kind of information and will have all that information laid out.

Looking forward to helping out when you guys open the floodgates.
05-16-09, 11:00 PM   #24
Bomyne
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zandoz View Post
Yea,

Since WoWMatrix stopped function (Or well, it still works, but missing a lot of addons, or addons that wouldn't be updated anymore)
And since Curse has made their premium memberschip in their client active, my addons haven't been updated for 3 weeks now. Can't wait till tomorrow
Curse client can still update addons with or without premium.
05-16-09, 11:07 PM   #25
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Falter View Post
Should I consider pushing this out to my guild to really stress test it?
Will the program auto-update as fixes are made?

I hope you guys are getting ready that kind of information and will have all that information laid out.

Looking forward to helping out when you guys open the floodgates.
You might want to read http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23668[

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-17-09, 08:04 AM   #26
klamb213
Banned

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Shirik the person that is actually working on the project stated right in the 4th post that he is still trying to hit today's target date.
05-17-09, 09:50 AM   #27
Falter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Regardless of the release date of the beta, I want to be prepared to provide testing as best I can. Since this is the portion of the development process where I might be able to contribute something, I'd like to be as productive and proper as possible.

So, I figure I still have asked some fair questions. I hope the beta release comes with some instructions on how to properly submit feedback and any system information to include, that type of thing.

I'm not going to stress about it if it doesn't come out today. My UI is running with no errors at the moment.
05-17-09, 10:14 AM   #28
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23481
05-17-09, 01:35 PM   #29
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Regardless of the release date of the beta, I want to be prepared to provide testing as best I can. Since this is the portion of the development process where I might be able to contribute something, I'd like to be as productive and proper as possible.

So, I figure I still have asked some fair questions. I hope the beta release comes with some instructions on how to properly submit feedback and any system information to include, that type of thing.

I'm not going to stress about it if it doesn't come out today. My UI is running with no errors at the moment.
We will definitely be providing a more updated FAQ when we push it to Beta. Thank you for reminding us of those types of questions as well. They are definitely important ones for us to include in it.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-17-09, 02:36 PM   #30
Falter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It was an example, but I appreciate the link. I was trying to to express that having all the information summarized into a single location for people will be critical. I think Cairenn got that, though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect when Minion goes beta, people are going to flock to it. Its going to get a lot of attention if it lives up to its feature set. You're gonna get one shot to try educate most folks on how to provide good quality feedback so the dev doesn't get stuck sorting through mountains of useless crap. I envision 1999 reports of "it doesn't work" as the description.

And keep in mind that some of the people that pick this up to test might even be more r-tarded than myself. I hope no one is, but they MIGHT be.
05-17-09, 03:22 PM   #31
ibarel
A Kobold Labourer
whre can i find the minion once it out

is the client out already?
is there a way to put somewhere obvious (like the opening page) the release
status?
if it is out then i can find anywhere to download it
and if it isnt out i would like to be able to have some kind of a link to let me know - "This is where/when it will be available"

thank you so much, waiting with my breath held..
05-17-09, 03:29 PM   #32
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23668
05-25-09, 06:03 PM   #33
DonCorneo
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Curse client can still update addons with or without premium.
It's just that Curse Client download speed is choked and can only do one at a time unless you pay for Premium.

As far as release date, things beyond Shirik's control have caused it to be later than anticipated, but I'm sure he is doing everything he can to get the beta out soon.
It probably should also be mentioned that the initial release will most likely only work with WoWI until other sites make modules. Do not expect it to be like WM was before the blocking. It may take some time for other sites to get a module out after Minion's release. Other sites may be waiting to see how Minion is going to work before deciding to make a module.

The fact that WoWI is trying to get Minion beta out as soon as possible even though more work is needed shows they are trying to do what they can for the gaming community after being pushed into banning WM. From what I can gather, Minion was not thought of being released for some time yet, but now WoWI (Shirik) is trying to get it together as fast as humanly possible. Shirik has been working really hard to get all the pieces in place even though he's had huge changes in real life to deal with.

I will bare with the delays mainly because WoWI has shown to me that they really do care about its users.
05-25-09, 07:02 PM   #34
Starfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by DonCorneo View Post
It's just that Curse Client download speed is choked and can only do one at a time unless you pay for Premium.
I really don't see the big issue here. Even if the download is a little slower and you have to click each one, it's still going to be far faster than manually downloading and extracting them. It's really not that bad.
05-25-09, 07:10 PM   #35
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
As a reminder guys, this isn't the place for a discussion of the Curse Client. Please discuss it on their site.
05-25-09, 07:21 PM   #36
Boedicia
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thumbs up

ye but i totally understand where he's coming from. Especially when you are a mod junkie like me and have too many mods to "slowly" update 1 at a time on curse. Its very tedious and we "the users", who have been in the curse community for a long period of time, shouldn't have to put up with that. It just goes to show curse couldn't give a monkeys about their users unlike Wowinterface guys who care about what people have to say and work hard to make others happy. It makes me feel really good to be apart of this community. The website is just top notch, the staff are efficient in helping people and genuinely care and they may worry if the updater is going to be up to our standards but tbh...it could be a rubbish updater and I'd still prefer wowinterface over curse any day. (But we all know its gonna be a good one as the people doing it are putting all their effort into it despite real life because they care enough). Gief a Wow Addons Site Award Show and Wowinterface will win it hands down.

Keep up the good work! xx a Huge Fan xx

Last edited by Boedicia : 05-26-09 at 08:35 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Release Schedule