03-19-06, 03:54 PM   #41
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by katana
Are you a programmer or just a gifted peon ?
Haha, well I guess I have to confess to being a software engineer, so I'd hope that'd make a difference
03-19-06, 03:58 PM   #42
katana
A Cyclonian

It makes me feel better thanks
03-19-06, 10:28 PM   #43
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cirk
How are you all finding the new reminder sounds and flashing mini-map icon?
Simply fantastic.

Well for me, I wouldn't need the flashing minimap-button, because I'm getting a screen-message AND a sound-reminder now, and that's enough... but now you already have it in, there's no reason to take it out I would say.

I tested my locfile on our yesterday's BWL-raid, and it seems I made no mistakes. Only problem left, the few translations that are still to long. For now, I have no idea how I could replace them with better explanations, so I have to leave them the way they are. But as it has no influence on the functionality of 'Blessing", I would say that's a minor blemish. And who knows, maybe one day it makes "Klick" and I find a better translation....

After yesterdays test run, there came up two questions for me:

1.) Sometimes I get warnings about expiring blessings, but the remaining time of them was above the time I set when I want to get a warning (30s). For example I was told that 'Bless XY" is expiring in 30 seconds, but "Bless XY" still was about to run for more than 4 minutes. Couldn't figure out yet in what situation this happens.... as soon as I know more about it, I'll gonna give you a notice.

2.) In my guild, we do bless by Class, and each Blessing is shared by 2 Palas (eg. I cast 'Blessing of Light" on Warriors, Mages, Druids and Priests; another Paladin does "BoL" on the remaining classes). And we decided on just to use greater blessings, due to saving of time. So far, so good....

Maybe/Definitely I am just too stupid, but I couldn't figure out how to cast a specific Greater Blessing only on certain classes (eg. as mentioned above). I managed to cast the normal (5min) blessings, but couldn't find a way so that it uses the 15min-buffs. I'll find out myself in one of the next raids, for sure... but maybe you can give me the hint I overlooked earlier.

Greetz,
Farook.
03-20-06, 05:58 AM   #44
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Farook
After yesterdays test run, there came up two questions for me:

1.) Sometimes I get warnings about expiring blessings, but the remaining time of them was above the time I set when I want to get a warning (30s). For example I was told that 'Bless XY" is expiring in 30 seconds, but "Bless XY" still was about to run for more than 4 minutes. Couldn't figure out yet in what situation this happens.... as soon as I know more about it, I'll gonna give you a notice.
Hmmm, Blessings will only tell you that blessings are going to expire, not which blessings specifically will be expiring, and it should be consistent about it, since it keeps track of when it cast each buff on each player. Do you perhaps have another addon that is warning you about expiring buffs or something? Also, if you mouseover the Blessings tooltip it should tell you how long until the earliest blessing will expire (which may be very different to when the last blessing will expire, especially if you have a mixture of normal and greater blessings).

2.) In my guild, we do bless by Class, and each Blessing is shared by 2 Palas (eg. I cast 'Blessing of Light" on Warriors, Mages, Druids and Priests; another Paladin does "BoL" on the remaining classes). And we decided on just to use greater blessings, due to saving of time. So far, so good....

Maybe/Definitely I am just too stupid, but I couldn't figure out how to cast a specific Greater Blessing only on certain classes (eg. as mentioned above). I managed to cast the normal (5min) blessings, but couldn't find a way so that it uses the 15min-buffs. I'll find out myself in one of the next raids, for sure... but maybe you can give me the hint I overlooked earlier.
Blessings will automatically use greater blessings provided:
1. You have turned on using greater blessings in the options menu (default is use greater blessing, for class or master blessings only, and only in raids).
2. You have enough Symbols of Kings (the reagent required to cast a greater blessing).
3. That you are using the normal per-class (or master) assignments for your blessings.
Note that for (2), if the name in localization.de.lua is wrong for the Symbol of Kings, then Blessings may think you have none, which might be why its not working for you. If you want to check that, you can edit Blessings.lua and change line 1023 from:
Code:
    return symbolCount;
to:
Code:
    ChatFrame1:AddMessage("DEBUG: symbolCount is "..symbolCount);
    return symbolCount;
That will enable you to see how many Symbols of Kings that Blessings thinks you have. (It should print that message out when you start a new blessings sequence.

If (1) and (2) are correct for you, let me describe how you might setup Blessings to do greater blessings in your raid as per your example, where you are doing BoL on Druids, Mages, Priests, and Warriors:
i. Set your master blessing to Blessing of Light, and enable it. (You'll see that everyone in your window is now assigned BoL). Alternatively you could set the blessings for the Druid, Mage, Priest, and Warrior classes to BoL manually in the Class and Player Settings section. Don't do this by assigning each player manually - always change it via the master or per class blessing if you want greater blessings to be used.
ii. Clear the checkboxes next to Hunter, Paladin, Rogue, and Warlock in the Class and Player Settings section, since you don't want to be casting your blessing on these. (You'll see the names of players of those classes will now be grey in your targets and blessings window).
iii. Clear the Pets flag in the Group FIltering section (unless you want to be casting individual blessings of might and wisdom on each of the pets ).
iv. Cast your blessings! You should see them come up as greater blessings.
v. If you want to rebuff everyone's greater blessings early, you'll need to hit the Reset button on the Blessings window, since if you don't Blessings will either ignore you (everyone has the blessing already) or will use individual blessings instead. Think of Blessings as having a pretend cooldown timer on its greater blessings usage, which you can reset when you need to. (I typically hit Reset after a wipe, or if I know I need to refresh everyone's blessings even if they still have 10 minutes on them).

Note that if you don't turn off the Pets flag in raids, you will do your greater blessings on the players, but will also do blessing of might/wisdom as individual blessings on each pet. Usually that is also assigned only to one paladin (if any at all), but its useful to remember to turn it off (since otherwise you'll get reminders for the pets blessings expiring even though everyone else's greater blessing hasn't expired yet).

Hope that helps,
-- Cirk
03-20-06, 11:31 PM   #45
Farook
A Molten Giant

Do you perhaps have another addon that is warning you about expiring buffs or something?
Yes, I do have another one. It's the one that comes up with CTMod. I'll turn it off on my next raid/testrun, to see whether 'Blessings' is showing me correct expire-warnings then or not. To be honest, I hope it's another reason, because I love the CTMod-Warnings, as they also remind me of expiring pots and things like that. But we will see....

Note that if you don't turn off the Pets flag in raids, you will do your greater blessings on the players, but will also do blessing of might/wisdom as individual blessings on each pet. Usually that is also assigned only to one paladin (if any at all), but its useful to remember to turn it off (since otherwise you'll get reminders for the pets blessings expiring even though everyone else's greater blessing hasn't expired yet).
Hmmm... the Pets flag... that's probably the reason for the warnings showing up incorrectly. I had the flag set till now... I'll test what happens when turning this off.

Blessings will automatically use greater blessings provided:
1. You have turned on using greater blessings in the options menu (default is use greater blessing, for class or master blessings only, and only in raids).
2. You have enough Symbols of Kings (the reagent required to cast a greater blessing).
3. That you are using the normal per-class (or master) assignments for your blessings.

Note that for (2), if the name in localization.de.lua is wrong for the Symbol of Kings, then Blessings may think you have none, which might be why its not working for you. If you want to check that, you can edit Blessings.lua and change line 1023 from:

1.) I think I do have... but I'll check again.
2.) Always having more than 100 symbols in my bag... but I'll test your trick with the "symbolCount" to be on the safe side.
3.) I think I do... but I'll check again.

All in all, I hope I can make it to bless my raid with Greater Blessings with your small guide. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Greetz,
Farook
03-21-06, 04:59 AM   #46
katana
A Cyclonian

Farook, greater blessings were not working for me a while ago because of a translation mistake on the symbol of kings (upper case K instead of lower...). Since then it has been working perfectly.

Cirk, do you think you could improve the message shown when greater blessings are used ? Like "Blessing X druids with Y".

And another remark : what happens to the blessings count messages when you only bless part of the raid (for instance by class or groups) ? I feel like it's not quite correct... is that number adapted based on these settings ?
03-21-06, 06:25 AM   #47
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Cirk, do you think you could improve the message shown when greater blessings are used ? Like "Blessing X druids with Y".
That'd be useful feedback yeah, I'll see what I can do about adding something to try and help with that.

And another remark : what happens to the blessings count messages when you only bless part of the raid (for instance by class or groups) ? I feel like it's not quite correct... is that number adapted based on these settings ?
Yes, at the start of a new blessings sequence, Blessings counts all the people and pets that it will be blessings based on your group/class/pets settings, and thats the number it displays. When greater blessings are used however, the number can change quite quickly as Blessings checks through who did get the blessing.
03-21-06, 08:14 AM   #48
katana
A Cyclonian

Great !

I'm thinking it could be nice to show in the blessing start message how many are being blessed, maybe by showing the number of players / pets.

And (yes, "and" again ^^) when a greater blessing is cast, maybe distinguish the message a bit more, like "Blessing paladins with Blessing of Might". What do you think ?
03-21-06, 10:49 PM   #49
Farook
A Molten Giant

Farook, greater blessings were not working for me a while ago because of a translation mistake on the symbol of kings (upper case K instead of lower...). Since then it has been working perfectly.

1.) I don't think it's a wrong translation of the "Symbol of Kings", because then it wouldn't cast Greater Blessings at all. But Cirk's lua-hint will show me next time anyway.... hopefully.

2.) GOOD IDEA !!!
03-22-06, 03:31 AM   #50
katana
A Cyclonian

1.) I don't think it's a wrong translation of the "Symbol of Kings", because then it wouldn't cast Greater Blessings at all. But Cirk's lua-hint will show me next time anyway.... hopefully.
Indeed, you are right. Good luck in finding out what's wrong !
03-23-06, 07:42 PM   #51
Farook
A Molten Giant

Okay, I had time for at least some little testing....

1.) I managed to find out what was wrong about expiring buffs showing me wrong (screen) messages: It's been the pets buffs cheating me.
Seems to work fine now with pets turned off.

1.) The german translation for "Symbol of Kings" was fine, as I thougth. With the little change in the Blessings.lua, I'm now getting the following message printed in chat when starting to buff: "DEBUG: symbolCount is 212"

3.) I also made it now to buff my whole raid-group with a greater blessing. On my next 40-man-raid, I'll see if I can make it to bless only certain groups as I mentioned a few days ago.

All in all, it's seems to me as I'm getting it to work the way it should... thanks for your support.

Greetz,
Farook
04-04-06, 08:15 AM   #52
Eaglehawk
A Defias Bandit
Is Blessings 1.10 compatible yet?

Is Blessings 1.10 compatible yet?
04-04-06, 08:17 AM   #53
katana
A Cyclonian

You need the beta version, it works perfectly on 1.10 for me: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4709
04-04-06, 08:19 AM   #54
Eaglehawk
A Defias Bandit
:d

yay thanks!
04-04-06, 08:43 AM   #55
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thanks katana

I'm still catching up on all the rolling addon changes, new features, etc., for my other addons and responsibilities. Unfortunately Blessings kind of dropped to the bottom of the "needs to be 1.10 versioned" pile mostly because its already working fine with 1.10 in its current beta form. I definitely do need to roll out a new 1.10 release of Blessings though, just to have the latest and greatest french and german localizations in there from from katana and Farook, but otherwise the changes should be minimal from the current beta. That said, I am in the process of making some changes to optimize loading screen transitions, as per the current discussion over on the UI forums, but that change should all work seamlessly (I hope ).

Cheers,
-- Cirk
04-04-06, 11:47 AM   #56
katana
A Cyclonian

Thanks for your followup on that addon Cirk !

I have tried several blessings addon over the last year, and yours is DEFINITELY the most impressive I've used. Your UI is clear, with good ergonomy, the features we need are here... I really like it.

I've had a look at other addons you've produced, and I'm really impressed, actually. Great ideas, great developement... if only more addons authors were like you

Okay, enough of that, but it really had to be said.

By the way, even if your addon is already great, I have a few ideas for future improvements. I'll add them to the bug tracker
04-13-06, 07:07 PM   #57
Starfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It seems to only cast regular blessing of might on pets, not greater blessing of might.
04-30-06, 05:48 AM   #58
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Starfury
It seems to only cast regular blessing of might on pets, not greater blessing of might.
As far as I know, its not possible to cast a greater blessing on the pets and have them all blessed (like it does with players). You could probably cast a greater blessing on each pet individually, but that'd cost you a lot of Symbols!
05-02-06, 01:53 AM   #59
regex
A Kobold Labourer
Is there any chance to add an option to not cast single taget blessings in raids, just cast group blessings once two people have died.
And also a way to force a full rebuff on the raid would be nice, just did my first MC as a paladin last night, and they are two things I was missing out on.
05-11-06, 04:14 PM   #60
Rorkin
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by regex
Is there any chance to add an option to not cast single taget blessings in raids, just cast group blessings once two people have died.
And also a way to force a full rebuff on the raid would be nice, just did my first MC as a paladin last night, and they are two things I was missing out on.
If you type "/bless reset" it will reset the blessing sequence, and you will be able to buff everyone fully.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Blessings