05-25-09, 03:18 PM   #1
DonCorneo
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Current Version Numbers

I know you are trying to get Minion released to beta, but if possible, could you have it show both the currently installed version and the available version instead of just whether it needs updating or not? This would help prevent accidentally "updating" an addon to an older version due to the author not posting the latest version on WoWI.
By checking the version date/number before updating an addon is how I avoided installing an older version via Curse Client or WM Client. I'm hoping this is a simple thing to do that won't hold up the beta release, or final release. If it is already done, please forgive me for not knowing.

Thank you for the hard work Shirik. Hope everything goes good for you.
05-25-09, 05:50 PM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
While I think this is an important feature to have, I do have to also say that implementing the feature would be a bit more complicated than you would think. While I don't think this will make it into the initial beta release, I would hope to have it in shortly after that.

Until then, it can at least show you the current version when no updates are available. This may assist you if you have multiple clients up at once and trying to compare the two.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
05-25-09, 10:18 PM   #3
DonCorneo
A Cyclonian

I kinda figured that'd be the case. As long as it is in RC, I'm sure not having it during beta will not be that much of a problem.

I also realize that this is somewhat dependent on the authors putting the correct information (addon version, WoW version, version date, etc.) on the proper line and in the samr format.

When Minion is ready for public beta testing, include me in. I'm good for doing things bass ackwards and will surely test the stability of the client, at least on the XP platform.
05-27-09, 10:26 PM   #4
Starfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I can see how it would be difficult to figure out what the version is.

Perhaps instead you could add a right click option to view the toc file? Or just add one to open the addon folder itself which would probably be better. Some easier way to determine what the current version is, than having to browse to the folder manually.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Current Version Numbers