04-26-09, 02:34 AM   #1
thevoices
A Murloc Raider
WoW Mouse

Hrm this is way off topic; but wow expensive$$

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&ref=10&loc=01

looks kinda cool cept the wire part... I am partial to my logitech wireless pretty good response.
04-26-09, 02:49 AM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You think that's expensive? Check out this keyboard...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/
04-26-09, 02:53 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post

If that critter came in an ergonomical design, I'd consider it. I've drooled over it enough as it is ...
04-26-09, 02:57 AM   #4
donchupa
Premium Member

Premium Member
Pfft http://www.hardcorecomputer.com/Prod...tReactor1.aspx now that bad boy is expensive drooooooll
04-26-09, 03:01 AM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, it's definitely worth looking at. I just can't see me paying that much for it... as useful as I -think- it could be. I'd use it for gaming, browsing about 15 discussion boards, and watching video on a daily basis, and once a month data entry for work. I don't see the major benefit, for me, unless I can put pretty girly photos in all the keys , maybe make them dance around with a keybind.. jk, but you get my point .

If it drops to around 1/2 what it currently goes for, then maybe. I also agree about the design, it looks pretty uncomfortable .
04-26-09, 03:16 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by thevoices View Post
Hrm this is way off topic; but wow expensive$$

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&ref=10&loc=01

looks kinda cool cept the wire part... I am partial to my logitech wireless pretty good response.
I work at best buy and took the time to look at the mouse when it was a particularly slow day. Im partial to wired mice (too forgetful to remember to recharge and way to cheap to keep buying batteries) and i have to say after getting my hands on it i dont think its worth nearly as much as its listed at. Keep in mind its from steelseries and last i looked it was even more expensive on their site (initially i think it was $130 USD) I use a logitech Mx518 thats less than half the cost and twice as comfortable.

But one thing you cant deny. That thing does look pretty damn cool.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-26-09, 06:10 AM   #7
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

My first thought :

OMG It's a ZX Spectrum !

*hides*
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
04-26-09, 08:13 AM   #8
Ross
A Theradrim Guardian
Damn I customized that Reactor and it said the final subtotal was :

$15,732.00
04-26-09, 08:31 AM   #9
donchupa
Premium Member

Premium Member
u went for the extreme version then , would that be cash or credit sir lol

Last edited by donchupa : 04-26-09 at 08:34 AM.
04-26-09, 10:23 AM   #10
Satrina
A Cyclonian
Four friends picked up that Steelseries mouse, and they all swear it's a piece of garbage.
04-26-09, 11:08 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I've drooled over that Optimus Maximus keyboard, too.... It's shape doesn't bother me - I personally don't like using the ergonomic shaped keyboards (hubby has one). All in one row is much easier when I only have one hand free to type with anyway while I'm eating.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-26-09, 11:10 AM   #12
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have this thing, its huge and powerful, though the software is kinda dodgy.
04-26-09, 01:18 PM   #13
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I have been watching that keyboard since it was just a though and CGI images.

Never thought it would ever get completed.

The when it did I was ohh I want it now ... then I saw the price .. no thanks ..
But to have EVERY key as a small oLED screen is awesome. It puts the zBoard to shame

I also looked at the mouse when Blizz announced it. I saw it recently at BestBuy for $100. To expensive for my tastes for a mouse.
I'm happy with my Logitech G5 mouse and G15 keyboard

EDIT .. almost forgot ... I found a laptop for you too .. HERE and thats the base price

Last edited by Sepioth : 04-26-09 at 01:23 PM.
04-26-09, 01:24 PM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
Four friends picked up that Steelseries mouse, and they all swear it's a piece of garbage.
I've heard the same.. not to mention all the issues that people consistently post about over in the wow tech forum.

/hugs her Logitech G5 mouse that's three years old and never has issues

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
I'm happy with my Logitech G5 mouse and G15 keyboard
FTW!
04-26-09, 01:29 PM   #15
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm also using G5 mouse and G15 keyboard. No trouble from either of them, keyboard was bought when they first came out and my mouse is 2+ years old (I think). I love how comfortable my G5 is, the ability to change the weight is what won me over.
04-26-09, 01:49 PM   #16
diedemus
A Defias Bandit
I agree that it is a piece of crap. It has way too much of a plastic feel to it, not solid at all. I had high hopes for it though. I use a sidewinder first gen mouse right now and it fits my hand and grip style perfectly. I have probably used 20 different mice over the past 5 years, logitech are generally at the top of my list, but I prefer the weight option with the feel of the sidewinder.

Side note: The optimus is a great idea for designers, but most daily use applications make it a complete waste of money. And I cant for the life of me figure out why that sager starts at over 12k, other quad capable dual gfx options are like 1/4 that iirc.
04-26-09, 03:15 PM   #17
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I'm also using G5 mouse and G15 keyboard. No trouble from either of them, keyboard was bought when they first came out and my mouse is 2+ years old (I think). I love how comfortable my G5 is, the ability to change the weight is what won me over.
I got my G15 the day it came out too ... I'm on my second one though as my LCD screen got cracked.

I gave some BS story to Logitec and they sent me a NEW replacement for keyboard free AND let me keep the old one

I just got the G5. Got it at Circuit City during their going out of business sale. Used to use the MX518 until the a wire inside the cord broke
04-26-09, 03:38 PM   #18
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

I'm using a Saitek Eclipse 2 and a Logitech G9, i'm happy with both except the keyboard is very "clunky".

I'm planning on buying a new one, we'll see what turns up though.
04-26-09, 04:03 PM   #19
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Steelseries WoW Mouse and iKeyboard (or whatever, very slim apple keyboard, with wire)
04-27-09, 01:04 PM   #20
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Personally, I use a ZBoard (Which I think is now part of Steelseries, honestly). The swappable keysets are kinda clunky, but I can't play an FPS without the "gaming" keyset now. It's just so much more comfortable. If this one breaks, I'll probably see if I can find a ZBoard Merc - no swapping keysets. Full keyboard with a gaming keypad on the left.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WoW Mouse