01-11-07, 07:09 AM   #141
Shinnie
A Defias Bandit
Just upgraded to V 12, but the errors I had still exists, unfortunately.

Date: 2007-01-11 13:59:56
Error occured in: AddOn: CT_BarMod
Count: 1
Message: Note: AddOn CT_BarMod attempted to call a protected function (TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()) during combat lockdown.
Debug:
[C]: Hide()
..\FrameXML\TargetFrame.lua:573: TargetofTarget_Update()
..\FrameXML\TargetFrame.lua:66: TargetFrame_Update()
..\FrameXML\TargetFrame.lua:87: TargetFrame_OnEvent()
[string "TargetFrame:OnEvent"]:2:
[string "TargetFrame:OnEvent"]:1

Date: 2007-01-11 14:06:49
Error occured in: AddOn: CT_BarMod
Message: Note: AddOn CT_BarMod attempted to call a protected function (MultiBarBottomLeft:SetPoint()) during combat lockdown.
Debug:
[C]: SetPoint()
..\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1851: UIParent_ManageFramePositions()
..\FrameXML\WorldStateFrame.lua:128: WorldStateAlwaysUpFrame_Update()
..\FrameXML\WorldStateFrame.lua:41: WorldStateAlwaysUpFrame_OnEvent()
[string "WorldStateAlwaysUpFrame:OnEvent"]:2:
[string "WorldStateAlwaysUpFrame:OnEvent"]:1

AddOns:
CTBarMod, v2.0 (CTMod 2.0)
CTBottomBar, v2.0 (CTMod 2.0)
CTBuffMod, v2.0 (CTMod 2.0)
CTCore, v2.0 (CTMod 2.0)
CTExpenseHistory, v1.5 (CTMod 2.0)
CTMailMod, v1.5 (CTMod 2.0)
CTMapMod, v1.5 (CTMod 2.0)
CTPartyBuffs, v1.5 (CTMod 2.0)
CTTimer, v1.5 (CTMod 2.0)
CTUnitFrames, v1.5 (CTMod 2.0)
CTViewport, v1.5 (CTMod 2.0)
Swatter, v3.9.0.1310
01-11-07, 07:24 AM   #142
Qukel
A Kobold Labourer
I'm getting the following error with version 12 on loading WoW:

Error occured in: Global
CT_RTTooltip:SetOwner(): Can't set owner to self
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: SetOwner()
[string "CT_RTTooltip:OnLoad"]:2:
[string "CT_RTTooltip:OnLoad"]:1

Qukel
01-11-07, 10:30 AM   #143
Cide
Swedeheart
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Kudane: Hmm, that's interesting. I don't think I can do much about it unfortunately :/. I seem to recall that some changes were made to the inner workings of some of the performance timer functions (from CPU ticks to some other measurement or vice versa), but it seems weird that that would affect the date & time functions built into Lua.

Qukel: That seems to stem from CT_RaidTracker, which we have not yet released. You're likely using the EQDKP version, which we do not support.

Shinnie: Those are not precisely bugs. You're using a mod that displays those messages (most likely BugSack or similar). They're not exactly "intended behavior," but I wouldn't call them bugs either. My suggestion would be to either disable the addon that displays those messages or simply disable the output.

Thors Liebling: First of all, good post - your English is quite good. As your message was specifically regarding CT_RaidAssist, I will focus on that aspect of our mods.

The thing is, you are somewhat right. The CT Team is currently working on several things; 1) Updating CTProfiles for the launch of the expansion, 2) fixing bugs in all of our mods and updating old mods to work with WoW 2.0, and 3) working on CT_RaidAssist2. The key thing here is really 3).

CT_RaidAssist is as of update 12 in a usable state, I would say. There are a few issues that could be fixed, but on the other hand, we need to direct our attention elsewhere as well. What keeps us from actively developing new features for CT_RaidAssist right now is the upcoming release of CT_RaidAssist2. As we're developing an update that will most likely introduce both new bugs and completely wipe out old bugs, we would rather spend development time on the new release than the old one. Another issue worth mentioning is that CTMod is larger than most of the mods you mentioned. While that does not mean that there's no room for good communication with the users, the team consists of merely two people and we're quite busy, really. The whole mod is a time committment not very different from a job. It's not really an excuse, but perhaps it's an explanation.

With the release of CTRA2, we're planning on doing some cool things that I'm sure you'll all like a lot. We're hoping to be able to provide more of a community around the mod, and be able to work closer with users to accomplish some of the stuff you mentioned - e.g. fixing bugs and listening to feedback more closely. I can't unveil any details right now, as we're not sure what we're going to have time to do yet, but if we can do what we've been discussing it's definitely going to be cool. In other words, we hope to be able to solve most of the issues you mentioned with the release of CT_RaidAssist2.
01-12-07, 12:00 PM   #144
Shinnie
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cide
Shinnie: Those are not precisely bugs. You're using a mod that displays those messages (most likely BugSack or similar). They're not exactly "intended behavior," but I wouldn't call them bugs either. My suggestion would be to either disable the addon that displays those messages or simply disable the output.
Ahhh, fair enough. THey don't bother me at all, since they normally don't even show up, and don't interfere with funcioning either. I just noticed swatter grabbed them, and notified me of them (once.) so I figured I'd chuck it on here to help out.
01-13-07, 03:42 PM   #145
Dargen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by -=wolverine=-
Just posting to let you know the Targeting problem still exists after Update 12.

to recreate the problem. 1) Target a mob and engage 2) untarget and try and retarget the mob. You will notice that you have no window showing your target beside your portrait yet you see the red circle around the mob.
I was experiencing the target frame problem prior to Update 12, but not after.

In my case I had two addons which were causing problems with the target frame: CT_RaidAssist version 1.622 (from Update 11) and La Vendetta Boss Mods version 2.21. Once I installed the latest versions of both addons (CT_RaidAssist version 1.623 from Update 12, and La Vendetta version 2.3), my target frame problems ceased because I had no other addons that were still causing the problem.

Both of these addons were hooking the PlaySound() game function. Hooking that function was introducing taint into the system, which in turn was preventing the target frame from being shown while you were in combat. In the latest versions of these two addons, they have removed the code which was hooking the PlaySound() function. Since you appear to still be having targe frame problems, you probably have another addon that does something simliar to what these two were doing.

The only way to track down which addon is still causing the problem for you, is to disable all of your addons at the character screen, then enable one, test if you have the target problem, disable the addon you just tested and enable another, etc. Keep in mind that you may have more than one addon which is causing the problem, so you'll need to try them all one at a time, testing each addon while only that addon is enabled.

Originally Posted by Kudane
Version 12 seems to be working great -- except that the chat time stamp is faster than the global clock. I think this is because it is pulling the time stamp from my CPU instead of the game. -- but thought I would mention it.
Yes, the time stamp is showing the local time of your computer. What you are noticing is the difference between your computer's clock and the game server's clock. Since these are two separate independant clocks, there is likely to be a slight difference in the time on each (depending on how accurately each clock is set). The difference will be even larger if the time zone of your computer is different than the time zone of the server.

CTMod uses the date() function to retrieve the time that it will display in the chat timestamps. The date() function retrieves the local time from your computer, rather than from the server. There is a function called GetGameTime() that will retrieve the time from the server, however that function only returns the hours and minutes so it cannot be used to display a chat timestamp that includes seconds.
01-13-07, 05:55 PM   #146
ChiperSoft
A Murloc Raider
BuffMod not showing buff times correctly

CT BuffMod hasn't been showing the current time remaining on buffs ever since the 2.0.3 update. Thing is, it isn't always like this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure what's going on.

To see what I mean, check out this screenshot:
http://gallery.chipersoft.com/main.php?g2_itemId=9279
01-13-07, 08:38 PM   #147
rassa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Any chance to get a movable casting bar, is the only thing that annoys me, having the casting bar on top of the buttons...thanks
01-13-07, 10:19 PM   #148
Cide
Swedeheart
Originally Posted by ChiperSoft
CT BuffMod hasn't been showing the current time remaining on buffs ever since the 2.0.3 update. Thing is, it isn't always like this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure what's going on.

To see what I mean, check out this screenshot:
http://gallery.chipersoft.com/main.php?g2_itemId=9279
Those two green buffs are auras - they (almost always) don't have timers.

rassa: Yes, we'll add that when we have time.
01-14-07, 02:07 AM   #149
ChiperSoft
A Murloc Raider
Those two green buffs are auras - they (almost always) don't have timers.
Yeah, I know that. I'm talking about the 11 other buffs that are timed. We're in the middle of fighting blood lord, do you really think ALL of my buffs would be fresh?
01-14-07, 05:34 AM   #150
Cide
Swedeheart
Originally Posted by ChiperSoft
Yeah, I know that. I'm talking about the 11 other buffs that are timed. We're in the middle of fighting blood lord, do you really think ALL of my buffs would be fresh?
Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about the timer bars. That's a strange issue that I haven't seen before. The most likely cause would be extensive framerate lag, causing the mod to think that the buffs were refreshed, and thus, had their timer reset. Were you having low framerate there? I know the area is pretty demanding on your graphics card (many mobs, many aoe spell graphics, a lot of combat data going in and out that the game has to parse). What're your computer specs?
01-14-07, 06:20 AM   #151
Glorah
A Defias Bandit
Login Error Message

...\AddOns\CT_UnitFrames\CT_UnitFrames.lua:116:attempt to index a nil value
01-14-07, 05:54 PM   #152
ChiperSoft
A Murloc Raider
Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about the timer bars. That's a strange issue that I haven't seen before. The most likely cause would be extensive framerate lag, causing the mod to think that the buffs were refreshed, and thus, had their timer reset. Were you having low framerate there? I know the area is pretty demanding on your graphics card (many mobs, many aoe spell graphics, a lot of combat data going in and out that the game has to parse). What're your computer specs?

Athlon XP 2600+ 2.1 GHz
768MB DDR 266MHz RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB 8x AGP

I run at 1280x960 with no visible choppyness. I dont have an FPS count up, but I'd guess it's better then 30fps. The game runs great on this machine, even tho it's a few years old.

The strange thing is that debuffs work fine, red bars count down and vanish just like they should. It's just good buffs that don't work.

It just occured to me that this could be something caused by SmartBuff. I'll do some troubleshooting to see if any other mods are causing this problem. Its just strange that it happened as soon as 2.0.3 came out, which did have some changes to how buff data is read.
01-14-07, 06:34 PM   #153
ChiperSoft
A Murloc Raider
Very strange. I disabled everything except CT BuffMod and logged onto my warlock. I downed an int potion and threw up demon skin, and CTBM worked perfectly. I reloaded the UI and also logged in and out to make sure there wasnt something load related, still worked fine.

Next I turned on CT_Core and a few other likely mods (LoadIT, MetaHUD, EhnTooltip). Logged in, and CTBM had stopped working. I disabled each of the four one by one until it worked again. You'll never believe what fixed it...

Turning off CT_Core made it work.

I tried turning everything back on but CT_Core, and it stopped working, so now I'm selectively enabled mods to see what else is causing a conflict, but I don't have time to test them all right now.

I also tested with different buffs, and when the problem happens, it seems to only happen to (de)buffs over 1 minute. Periodic buffs like quickshots and clearcasting seem to work just fine.

So, just to be clear, getting the same problem with JUST CTCore and CTBuffMod installed, but not when only CTBuffMod is running.
01-15-07, 02:12 AM   #154
ZeleD
A Defias Bandit
Update 12:

Still got problem with ct_bottombar.

Seems like it still screws up the Blizzard interface.
The Gryphons, framework is gone. Faction bar is misplaced (used to be right over the XP bar)
01-15-07, 04:58 AM   #155
cao
A Kobold Labourer
update 12

Please report any bugs you find here, instead of in the other topic. Thank you.
at update 12 i found that the unit frames addon doesnt work correctly plz if someone can check it...thx
by cao
01-15-07, 06:08 AM   #156
Cide
Swedeheart
ChiperSoft: Hmm, that's weird. Do you have some reproducable steps for this bug? I've never heard about it before.

cao: Um, "not working" is about as useless a bug report can be. You need to explain what's broken and give as much information as you can.

Originally Posted by ZeleD
Update 12:

Still got problem with ct_bottombar.

Seems like it still screws up the Blizzard interface.
The Gryphons, framework is gone. Faction bar is misplaced (used to be right over the XP bar)
The only bug there is that the gryphons are hidden. The rest is merely a missing feature from the previous CT_BarMod versions, that we hope to be able to put back in sometime later.
01-15-07, 01:39 PM   #157
sbridgeford
A Defias Bandit
CT_RaidAssist - Update 12 bugs

Date: 2007-01-15 11:36:56
ID: 47
Error occured in: AddOn: CT_RaidAssist
Count: 79
Message: Note: AddOn CT_RaidAssist attempted to call a protected function (CT_RAPTGroupDrag:SetHeight()) during combat lockdown.
Debug:
[C]: SetHeight()
CT_RaidAssist\CT_RAMenu.lua:987: CT_RAMenuMisc_OnUpdate()
[string "CT_RAMenuGlobalFrame:OnUpdate"]:2:
[string "CT_RAMenuGlobalFrame:OnUpdate"]:1
AddOns:
Atlas, v1.8.6
AtlasBattlegrounds, v1.8.6
AtlasDungeonLocs, v1.8.6
AtlasFlightPaths, v1.8.6
AtlasLoot, vAtlasLoot Enhanced v2.01.00
AtlasMajorCities, vv1.1.0
AtlasOutdoorRaids, v1.8.6
Auctioneer, v3.9.0.1345
AuctionFilterPlus, v20000-1
AutoDing, v2.2
AutoProfit, vv4.00 December 27, 2006
BeanCounter, v3.9.0.1337
BMRecLevel, v3.0.2
BtmScan, v3.9.0.1331
cMinimapCoordinates
CTRABossMods, v1.3 (CTMod 2)
CTRaidAssist, v1.623 (CTMod 2.0)
Enchantrix, v3.9.0.1331
EnhancedFlightMap, v1.6.1
EnhTooltip, v3.9.0.1342
EquipCompare, v2.9.8b
FishingBuddy, v0.9 Beta 12
GFWAdSpace, v2.0.2
FriendShare
Gatherer, v2.99.0.0426
GroupCalendar
GuildGreet, v2.0.3
Informant, v3.9.0.1331
MonkeyBuddy, v2.5.1
MonkeyLibrary
MonkeyQuest, v2.5.1
MonkeyQuestLog, v0.5.1
Outfitter
PickMail
RecipeRadar, v1.15
RecipeBook, vRecipeBook v. 2.0.0d
Stubby, v1326
Swatter, v3.9.0.1344
LootLink, v350
tradeDispenser

Date: 2007-01-15 11:36:56
ID: 46
Error occured in: AddOn: CT_RaidAssist
Count: 79
Message: Note: AddOn CT_RaidAssist attempted to call a protected function (CT_RAPTGroupDrag:SetWidth()) during combat lockdown.
Debug:
[C]: SetWidth()
CT_RaidAssist\CT_RAMenu.lua:986: CT_RAMenuMisc_OnUpdate()
[string "CT_RAMenuGlobalFrame:OnUpdate"]:2:
[string "CT_RAMenuGlobalFrame:OnUpdate"]:1
AddOns:
Atlas, v1.8.6
AtlasBattlegrounds, v1.8.6
AtlasDungeonLocs, v1.8.6
AtlasFlightPaths, v1.8.6
AtlasLoot, vAtlasLoot Enhanced v2.01.00
AtlasMajorCities, vv1.1.0
AtlasOutdoorRaids, v1.8.6
Auctioneer, v3.9.0.1345
AuctionFilterPlus, v20000-1
AutoDing, v2.2
AutoProfit, vv4.00 December 27, 2006
BeanCounter, v3.9.0.1337
BMRecLevel, v3.0.2
BtmScan, v3.9.0.1331
cMinimapCoordinates
CTRABossMods, v1.3 (CTMod 2)
CTRaidAssist, v1.623 (CTMod 2.0)
Enchantrix, v3.9.0.1331
EnhancedFlightMap, v1.6.1
EnhTooltip, v3.9.0.1342
EquipCompare, v2.9.8b
FishingBuddy, v0.9 Beta 12
GFWAdSpace, v2.0.2
FriendShare
Gatherer, v2.99.0.0426
GroupCalendar
GuildGreet, v2.0.3
Informant, v3.9.0.1331
MonkeyBuddy, v2.5.1
MonkeyLibrary
MonkeyQuest, v2.5.1
MonkeyQuestLog, v0.5.1
Outfitter
PickMail
RecipeRadar, v1.15
RecipeBook, vRecipeBook v. 2.0.0d
Stubby, v1326
Swatter, v3.9.0.1344
LootLink, v350
tradeDispenser
01-15-07, 04:51 PM   #158
ChiperSoft
A Murloc Raider
I redownloaded release 12 and the problem with BuffBar seems to have gone away, something must have just been borked in the files.

As an aside, I would like to make a request on it. BuffBar would be much more useful to me if the whole thing could be rotated 90º so that the buff timers were vertical and new buffs grew to the left along the top of the screen.
01-18-07, 08:34 AM   #159
mojo1977
A Kobold Labourer

Lost Target Window.

I never knew how much I depended on CTmods until this bug arised and blizzard told me to disable CT mods. Here is the URL from another thread on THIS forum, I cannot expalin it any better than they have:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7911

Can we have an offical comment on this and the likelyhood of a fix.
01-21-07, 01:17 PM   #160
zerohaste
A Defias Bandit
I think this is a part of CTMod, I'm not sure. I seem to recall myself disabling it through CTMod somehow before.

I was having a problem with CTMod not saving any of my settings, so I deleted my Addons and WTF folder and started over. The problem is, now I can't seem to find the setting to disable... whatever this little square is. I deleted the CT_UnitFrames and CT_PartBuffs folders because I want to use ag_unitframes instead, so I'm not sure if it was in the settings for those or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind! I found what add on it was for. Stupid square...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wtf.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1020  

Last edited by zerohaste : 01-21-07 at 01:49 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CTMod 2.0 Bugs