02-06-07, 02:37 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What You Really Like Thread

Lavish praise on features here.

While it may seem odd, these kind of posts can be really useful. It helps me figure out what works well and helps other users learn about cool features they may have missed.
02-06-07, 05:08 AM   #2
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up HotSpots

I may be jumping the gun here but I love the hotspots that are available on the mazzleui..... they just make using it more simplistic and fun. especially when i have a friend watching and they are always asking "wherer did you get that from i didnt see you click anything"

02-07-07, 03:34 PM   #3
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
Your hud is one of the smoothest huds in the world.
02-07-07, 03:43 PM   #4
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Lethalweapon
Your hud is one of the smoothest huds in the world.
Have you configured the HUD at all yet? Not only is it smooth, but the options easily put it over the top!

As a warrior, I have my target's health set to show as a percentage rather than actual amount. That way I know precisely when the target is approaching 20% health for those lovely Executes!
02-07-07, 08:13 PM   #5
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had my first Mazzlegasm today. Oh God, where to start?

My favorites:

1) For the love of everything Sacred and Good, the Mazzle options menu was amazing. Absolutely amazing. I sincerely wish I could put it into words, so you will have to settle with the best I got. When I started WoW, I ran mod-free for the first 4ish months. I'll admit that I was a complete n00b at WoW, but I was a mod-free n00b. Then I "stumbled" upon Cosmos. My favorite feature of Cosmos was the Khaos panel. You could change anything you needed with just a few mouse clicks. Esc -> Khaos -> Add-on -> Option. Easy, simple, good. I played with a Cosmos-based UI for 8 months. Then I finally broke the addiction and started making my own personal compilation. What was one of my least favorite parts? Remembering all the damned /commands. Oh noez! It's 1/2 of an inch off from where I think it will look better! Let's get to work on that 6 part /command right now! And if I type it in wrong, I may be lucky and it won't have any effect, or it might totally screw me over! Yay!

2) The FAQs lived up to their reputation. Being my first Mazzlegasm, I had absolutely no clue wtf to do after I Mazzified. Every entry in the FAQ made me read the next one faster, since I wanted to try out some new feature I just learned about. The FAQ was more than some answers, to me, it was the Instruction Manual. Suggestion: Rename it, the "Instruction Manual"

3) Mazzifier is a breeze. I'm not 100% sure which I like better, the simplicity of the installation, or the hilarious questions. If math was about +dmg, crit %, and honor, I'd have a PhD!

4) It's a simple, minimal-like UI. It isn't minimalist by any means, yet with a fraction of the space I used to take up, I have oodles of more abilities. It's also interesting how I now have twice the functionality with half the mbs.

5) The HUD is sexy. The only thing that threw me off was the lack of the casting bar in the HUD (former ARCHud/MetaHud user here). It's slightly hard to read the text in the Cast Bar, but that one more than slides. Having a UI that doesn't cause seizures in little children is far more important.

Knowing my history, I probably completely overlooked some awesome XYZ functionality that I'm going to kick myself in the butt for later for not listing it. This UI wins my personal gratitude and recognition for being the most all-inclusive UI i have ever laid my eyes on. If it isn't there, there's got to be one hell of a reason. (My UI is infamous in my guild for being so retardedly encompassing that I forsake precious FPS for functionality. For the fact that I dropped about 20 mbs of deadweight, gained 10 FPS, and only copied over 3 FuBar plug-ins and Necrosis, this UI wins my stamp of complete and utter approval.)
02-07-07, 10:00 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks SilverHand. Hmm, that instruction manual thing reminds me of Greatest American Hero.
02-07-07, 10:15 PM   #7
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

1) I love the mazzle ui options + faq menu. Seriously.

Its really *really* nice seeing what all the addons do and giving users a easy way to disable (or enable!) them. When i first had a mazzlegazm i turned off raid addons, but after reading the raid addon descriptions i put them back on. I probably wouldn't of done that with any other UI.

Also, all the questions an awnsers are in a really easy place. No more alt tabbing. THANK GOD.

I love the humor you put into the faq as well. Lol at the sense of direction entry.

2)I'm really mathematical when it comes to replacing gear. For example, if i loose +20 dmg gear, but gain 10 int, how much longer will i be able to go. Thank god for Xcalc.

3) I'm really impressed with baggins. It makes inventory much much easier to use. I'm used to sorting things into labeled bags (ex, quest bag, foodwatermount bag.. etc) but this is much easier.

thank you for all your hard work maz
02-09-07, 09:08 PM   #8
Tissa
A Murloc Raider
Mazzle,

Thank you for busting your ass to put out this amazing mod. I am not normally one that stays with one mod very long. I got to use it before the hell patch and I fell in love with everything. From the Mazzlegasms to how you lay out your buttons. I love the I am a rogue POOF rogue settings, Im a mage poof here you go... I think that is what has made your mod THE mod for me. I always hate going in and setting stuff up and thanks to yours and the beta testers hard work I dont have to.

I recomend this mod to everyone that I know for a very simple reason. It is a no brainer to set up. Read the questions and answer them honestly and POOF mod installed a min or two later your moaning and danceing and ready to start rocking in the world.

Pardon the typos... I am the queen of them...

Just one question... is you a him or is you a her?
02-10-07, 02:37 AM   #9
jamesy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would just like to say what a unbelievable job you've done Maz.
I've been using mods since WoW was released and have used most from Flexbar through to Discord and have developed a good understanding of which mods are worth the effort and actually improve/enhance WoW. Youv'e included the creme de la creme of mods, the oscar winners in there field and compiled them into a interface that an idiot cannot fail to get right. Kudos to you!!!
02-10-07, 05:52 PM   #10
Laurana
A Murloc Raider
What do I like? Let me count the ways I love Mazzle:

1) The ease of dropping the Mazzle Interface and Fonts folder into WoW, without needing to worry about having to rename WTF folders or whatnot.

2) The installation (Mazzification if you will) is flawless - kind of reminded me of character creation for the Ultima series. The questions were funny and I took the time to read everything thoroughly - unlike most installations.

3) When installed on your first character, each alt's installation is much quicker. Plus, after playing around with my main's setup for a bit, I found that my next Mazzification was relatively painless as I knew what to expect.

4) Uniformity on each character. Using my old setup (which consisted of nearly 150 mods) I would have to individually setup each one and never really got a uniform look across the board. This compilation does that in spades.

5) Speaking of looks - Mazzle is sexy! Yes, the gnome too (I do go for the short, cute types) but I'm referring more to the UI. Most UIs screenshots don't do them justice. This one sold me when I clicked on the first screenie and made me want it - in a consensual way of course!

6) The choices of mods to include is without peer. Not commenting on the individual mods, though I do appreciate FuBar over Titan (old Titan user here) and whatnot, but I do like the different mods Mazzle chose to include. I'm sure tons didn't make the mark, some turned down Mazzle's advances, and even more eventually got booted when they weren't updated by the authors. Thus, I'm glad Mazzle took the time to test each one out.

7) The FAQ is more impressive than anything I've ever seen before. It has more details than a Microsoft MCSE manual, contains Mazzle's humor, and is an easy read.

Overall, this is a great compilation! I love it!
02-10-07, 06:32 PM   #11
Rastwo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What do I like most?

The little female gnome saying "Greetings!" when you first log on with Mazzle UI or Mazzify. She's one fieisty firecracker. In fact, if it was up to me, she would say "Greetings!" every time I logged on.
02-11-07, 02:04 AM   #12
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rastwo
In fact, if it was up to me, she would say "Greetings!" every time I logged on.
IMPLEMENT THAT NOW
07-30-08, 06:44 AM   #13
Haloray
A Defias Bandit
The Best!

This is the best WOW UI I have used up to date, and I have used several different ones. Always when you set up a UI it takes some time to adjust it but not here.

There are however two addons I do miss in this package. I am sure many have suggestions fore more addons too, but i am going to post them anyhow.

Doublewide - For a much better quest window.
Tankpoints - Tank calculator.

I can always put them in myself, but I feel it belong in the package.
02-14-07, 09:30 AM   #14
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Best. UI. Ever. Where do I start? I like so much about MazzleUI, but I'll list only the top 5 since that's probably what you're looking for:
  1. Your in-game documentation is sooooooooooo useful. (And well-written; I'm a 25+ year tech writer so I would know.) The fact that all of your options are documented inline, and the general layout and organization of your options is great.
  2. The Mazzifier is an extremely well-done wizard. It's very very very useful for recovering from mistakes in customizing the UI. I love how you can selectively pick what to update/reset using the mazzifier. For example, while leveling up a newbie character, you can choose only to update the button config/assignments when you mazzify.
  3. Your HUD is just plain awesome. Best. HUD. Ever. My wife hates scrolling combat text, for example, and usually hates cluttering up her playfield with "stuff that makes it look like a game" (breaks immersion). But when I disabled her HUD she yelled at me to put it back, lol.
  4. Great choice of Ace and Fubar addons. Great choice of addons all around. Every addon I ever used manually was already included in your UI. (Baggins, Cartographer, Smartbuff, ItemRack, Clique, etc.)
  5. At first I didn't like your pre-configured Bongo button layouts for each class, but yes, they've grown on me. The only downside is that you have to re-mazzify every 2 levels when you get new skills, so it's impractical to customize your bongo layout/bindings, etc. in any way because all your customizations are lost when you re-mazzify.
02-18-07, 09:26 PM   #15
finalcut
A Defias Bandit

Blatant Love for the Mazz

I've noticed that this is one of the lesser-read threads in the whole Mazzle universe, and that makes me sad. It's also one of the least-posted-to. Makes me even sadder.

It seems that everyone is more concerned about bashing Mazzlefizz or complaining about Mazzlegasms (R.I.P). I would love to post this in one of those threads, but that would only result in endless flaming directed toward me for posting in the wrong place.

Anyway, I love the UI. It's a really well thought out package that serves the needs of every class. The easy set-up makes it usable for players with little or no addon experience. It looks beautiful, too. By far the best part of the package is the F.A.Q. All the answers...right at my fingertips! Not to mention it's funny.

Fantastic job, Mazzle! I can't even get my mind around the effort it must have taken to get this done. I hope you can ignore the detractors and remember that there's much love out there for you. If only others who felt as I do would post...
02-18-07, 09:54 PM   #16
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I didn't like it at first, but it's definitely grown on me. I love how the outline of the bottom area changes to flashing red when you gain aggro. As a Priest it's saved me a number of times in instances, as well as alerting me to when some alliance has tried to attack me from behind.
02-19-07, 06:38 PM   #17
Skan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I totally agree with Tophero21 and what he/she said - Mazzle you have really outdone yourself, and I think (even after all my babble about the M********* issue.....) that this package has set a standard which surpasses many other available addon packages out there. Keep up the great work - maybe I'll try it out again when I have a slightly bigger screen than a 12" Laptop..;P But what I did see when I installed it was perhaps the nicest and easiest to configure addon UI pack out there - I recommend it to anyone who has neither the time nor inclination to make their own UI's, and to those who are looking for a nice clean UI free of un-necessary bits and pieces all over the screen.

grats to you mazzle!
02-20-07, 10:53 AM   #18
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
The artwork at the bottom and the insane amount of help and explanations of everything built in are the best thing about the UI.

The unitframes and 3d models are very nice as well, very attractive look(although they lack many features). I love the look of it for sure.

The use of all the fubar and ace2 addons is very nice, makes everything efficient and easy to use.

hotspots are original and nice.

The chat frames are excellent.
02-20-07, 06:16 PM   #19
darau2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i love this UI.

love the way the bottom frame work flashes red when i gain aggro....love the look of the HUD. all the hotspots are cool and easy to use. i like how easy bongos is to reset hotkeys and i like how easy it is to add those little add-ons that i like to use but were not in the UI.

what i really like about this UI---i had a problem yesterday where things got a little screwy in my set up--suddenly i had icons around my map for monkey quest and the map that i didnt add--and Blizzard decided to move the zone info from the side to the middle-top, and there were a few more things that suddenly made my clean picture less perfect--again for no apparent reason....i tried to fix it, but nothing seemed to work. so i went back to my mazzle set up and re-mazzled just my unit frames...and presto! as easy as that all was right with my UI again. No need to rebind my hot keys, no need to set anything else up. soooo what i like most about this UI is how easily it is repaired.

thank you Mazzle and company for spending so much time to create this fantabulous UI--what you have created is nothing less than a work of art. i am a fan
02-21-07, 11:20 AM   #20
Raskol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Where to start!

I've been using MazzleUI for about 2 weeks now, and I love it.

I love how it has introduced me to a huge number of new mods, and those that are far superior to those I had been using: fubar > titan panel, sRaidFrames + oRa2 + BigWigs >>> ctra, autobar, gogomount, smartbuff.

I love how clean the UI is when I'm not in combat, in a group, or targeting anything.

I love the way the ability cooldown and debuff timers are layed out - frostshock kiting has never been easier! I especially like how the timer bars are separated into different frames - debuffs on the left, cooldowns in the middle, etc.

I like the keybinding setups. I still customize them, but they've opened my eyes to using keys other than ctrl/alt/shift + 1-0 for all my spells.

I LOVE the efficiency modes. It is great to be able to switch to lower graphics and other settings in cities or for intensive bossfights.

Great work!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What You Really Like Thread