11-26-07, 10:51 AM   #1
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Looking at $ut: Revisited

I've downloaded DeTard's fix file and thought I had the 'looking at $ut' issue fixed. However, it's only fixed on my main. My alts still have the issue. I've re-mazzified the settings for DUF on each character to no avail. Only the main has the proper targets.

Any suggestions?
11-26-07, 01:36 PM   #2
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
I actually have a similar problem. On my main I have no errors and duf is perfect. When I log onto an alt (Warlock) the 3d frames are missing (unit frames show up on the left hand margin and are blizzard default frames). I did remazzify the look and feel to no avail. I just assumed I needed to do a compete mazzify but your experience has me wondering whether that will work.
11-26-07, 08:23 PM   #3
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Delete all your DUF SavedVariables and try again.

In case you don't know, look in World of Warcraft\WTF\SavedVariables\ for the DiscordUnitFrames files and delete them.
11-26-07, 09:14 PM   #4
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
eeek! No! Not the delete the saved variables!!!

I had a pm that said to check my profiles for the alts within DUF. Gonna try that and see. I'll let you know if it works.
11-27-07, 02:28 PM   #5
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Not sure if this is really the help you wanted, but I gave up on Nquest and went with Doublewide. It uses the Blizz quest box but opens two full pains and it's really so much easier to read - also integrates with Lightheaded just fine.

It sounds like the problem you are having may be related to the quest addon you use, so even if you did not switch addons permanently, uninstalling it and trying a different one or the Blizz one might tell you where to look for the source of the issue.

If it's the Blizz quest window, then maybe it's like the Blizz open mail window issue I had - going off screen. Solved by deleting the entry in the settings file that told wow where to put that window.
12-04-07, 01:57 PM   #6
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Sorry Moonsong, the issue was with the unitframes target of target identification.

Anyway, I made a profile of my main using DUF window, but when I went to load in on my alt, the new profile didn't show up. ARRRRRRg! So, then I made a profile for the alt, and reloaded, and wham! it worked! I don't know why really and am not looking gift horse in mouth.
12-04-07, 02:59 PM   #7
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What you have to do if you've already Mazzified and then want to fix things afterwards without starting fresh is this.... You need to remazzify, but make sure you put a checkmark in the Addon Settings option. When you get to the list of all the addons (the list that shows the addons by name, to be specific as I can, not at a computer capable of WoW right now), put a checkmark for DUF. Then finish up and it should work. It doesn't matter that it doesn't say it needs updating, because technically you already have settings for that character and Mazzifier thinks things are peachy and stuff. This will force Mazzifier to reset DUF to MazzleUI defaults specifically, and will take in account the fix you applied.

Keep in mind, these steps are only needed if you had mazzified previous to my latest Fix Pack and THEN are mazzifying on an already Mazzletastic character who is very confused about what he or she is looking at.

Last edited by DeTard : 12-04-07 at 03:01 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking at $ut: Revisited