06-18-08, 09:30 AM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

new-question

Im new to wow and i isntalled and used few addons, now i discovered this strange mazzle. My question is if i install this what hapen with my already installed addons? For example i have bongos3 addon but i see in mazzle folder is a bongos folder too (and no bongos3, they dont use last version?) and im wonder should i remove bongos3?

Anyway u guys know a addon who let u to move on screen the mini map or the chat panel or other things who cant be moved? I can to move bars cuz i have a addon but cant the minimap and others. I quess mazzle can dot that but arent other addons too?

Last edited by xromania™ : 06-18-08 at 11:13 AM.
06-18-08, 11:22 AM   #2
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
if you install mazzle, you should uninstall all other addons first so it can set itself up correctly. after that add them in one at a time.

bongos is used for now, but with the next patch, Bongos3 should be in it(at least i think that's what Doc said)

there are a good number of minimap mods, chinchilla, simpleminimap... there list goes on. mazzle comes with one to move the map though.

also, default chat frames are movable, just right click on the tab and select the 'Unlock' option. you can now drag and resize the frame.
06-18-08, 11:57 AM   #3
erogroth
A Cyclonian
I am using Bongos2 since we were giving instructions on how to edit the mazzle files to work with bongos2. I would love to find out how to edit the files to work with bongos3 instead.
06-18-08, 12:09 PM   #4
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thx but im yet scared by this mazzle lol and my question remain, u know a addon wich allow to move or resize "unmovable" things like the minimap, chat box, the bag etc
06-18-08, 01:20 PM   #5
Eas

chinchilla and simple minimap are the 2 most popular minimap addons. they let you resize and move the minimap, as well as change the shape and they will let you move it.

chat boxes do not need an addon to be moved, i explained how to do so in my first post in this thread.

the bag though, another with TONS of addons to change it. my personal favorite is Baggins(http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Baggins) it moves everything into nice catagories and is easy to find stuff.

another bag addon that seems to be a favorite, and i do like using, is combuctor(http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Combuctor.html).

Those are just 2 bag addons though, there are tons out there. Just look through the site and i'm sure you'll find one you like.
06-19-08, 08:03 AM   #6
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks for info, now i want to know plz other addons like tomtom or questhelper cuz i dont like the green arrow hidding my head (we can customize the arrow or remove it but cant move it)

But mazzle can customize the bags or minimap (move minimap) ?

want to know too a addon to find herbs, for example, or where u can select to show only one type of NPC (alchemist trainer for example)
06-19-08, 12:27 PM   #7
Eas

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
thanks for info, now i want to know plz other addons like tomtom or questhelper cuz i dont like the green arrow hidding my head (we can customize the arrow or remove it but cant move it)
you can move the arrow, questhelper only hooks into tomtom to configure it. i don't use tomtom, but i have before and i know it can be moved. maybe someone else that knows how can answer. just play with the settings.

But mazzle can customize the bags or minimap (move minimap) ?
yes, mazzle can through other addons. mazzle uses the bag addon called Baggins, but i'm not sure what it uses for the minimap. as i've said before, there are plenty out there to choose from.

want to know too a addon to find herbs, for example, or where u can select to show only one type of NPC (alchemist trainer for example)
that is build into the game, no addon needed.
06-19-08, 01:11 PM   #8
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

oh ya is buid into the game (hm but the game can show only one, no more stuff in same time)

about chat window i saw now that it can be moved, but isnt a addon to resize it? *edit i found one here in this named Yap, enabling scrolling too

and u know a addon who can show where are other players on map, at least around...?

and one more lol, isnt a addon who can resize/move the quest log window?

Last edited by xromania™ : 06-19-08 at 02:16 PM.
06-19-08, 03:27 PM   #9
Eas

oh ya is buid into the game (hm but the game can show only one, no more stuff in same time)
sorry, cannot be done, as far as i have heard of. only one type of tracking may be active, as it says in all tracking tooltips. using a addon to track more than one thing would be a hack, thus banning you from the game.

about chat window i saw now that it can be moved, but isnt a addon to resize it? *edit i found one here in this named Yap, enabling scrolling too
nope, once you have it unlocked, just left click and hold the side of the window to resize.

and u know a addon who can show where are other players on map, at least around...?
once again, that is a type of tracking that hunters have, but only hunters (i think.....) and you may only have 1 type of tracking enabled at once.

and one more lol, isnt a addon who can resize/move the quest log window?
i'm personally a fan a FluidFrames, but if you dont want to bother with setup...
DoubleWide should do most of that just fine.
06-19-08, 08:08 PM   #10
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

So hunters, whithout any addon, can see players on map? only around or all map? and on wich map, minimap or the big one?
06-19-08, 08:10 PM   #11
Eas

So hunters, whithout any addon, can see players on map? only around or all map? and on wich map, minimap or the big one?
hunters can learn an ability to see other players on the minimap. not sure what level though... higher than 15. but they can only see players then. they must switch the active tracking to see something else they have learned to see on the minimap.

EDIT: stupid me, its not players SPECIFICALLY. it's all humanoids that are within the hunters minimap

Last edited by Eas : 06-19-08 at 08:13 PM.
06-19-08, 08:22 PM   #12
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks. But a addon who allow a free camera, like in shooter games? i mean to move left your char only moving the mouse to left, whitout making any click
06-19-08, 09:20 PM   #13
Eas

i'm not entirely sure of what you mean there. like, by moving the mouse from side to side, your character will look from side to side?
06-19-08, 10:13 PM   #14
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

thanks. But a addon who allow a free camera, like in shooter games? i mean to move left your char only moving the mouse to left, whitout making any click
It's in the interface options.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-20-08, 02:01 PM   #15
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

isnt, if u look atentife at what im saying. Nevermind, i got it, we cant that in wow, i guess that cuz i asked like 3 times in other forums too and all was confused lol
Who know Guild wars or shooter games know what i mean
06-20-08, 05:02 PM   #16
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

edited..--

Last edited by xromania™ : 06-28-08 at 01:10 AM.
06-20-08, 09:58 PM   #17
Eas

i'm pretty sure cartographer does that
06-28-08, 01:12 AM   #18
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

back to this old thread... u know guys a addon who can resize the AH window so we no need to scroll while searching? this is important..
06-28-08, 08:05 AM   #19
Eas

there's alot of items on one window, i dont think you can make it that big and the items that small. it would be impossible to read anything. there are ways to do that though. the mod FluidFrames can resize the window, but i dont know of any to make the items in the window smaller.
07-05-08, 07:19 AM   #20
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

back to this old post because i need a answer to this post about a addon Fluidframes:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...=7080#comments

there is a "dead" link, nobody visit it often to reply me so i link here plz

Or u guys know other addons like this? i want to resize non-main windows, how is for example the AH window, to see items at AH on all screen

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » new-question