07-04-08, 05:15 PM   #1
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
range/melee action bar switching

Ok, I cant figure out what I am hitting to hide my range bar and show my mele bar on my hunter. Any help please?

I keep doing it accidentally and have to log out to get my ranged attacks action bar back.
07-04-08, 06:27 PM   #2
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
For me it is the F key. Not sure if that is the default for all hunter installs.
07-05-08, 03:56 AM   #3
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
It should be 'F' as default for all hunters. but i know i changed it in the lua file so it mazzifies to my own personal preference

/Smirge
07-05-08, 08:09 AM   #4
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
THANK YOU. This was driving me crazy!
07-05-08, 06:24 PM   #5
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

As a side note, I never have to switch my action bars as a hunter. I just have macros that combine a lot of similar spells into one button. For example I have a macro that combines wingclip, raptor strike, and mongoose bite into one. Then I have another two macros that completely control everything on my pet including hunters mark, pet focus, attack, follow, revive, mend, and dismiss. All of that in just two macros.

That really frees up a lot of bar space for me, and I actually have lots of room left over without ever having to switch bars. Most of those can be found on the hunter forums in the stickies.

If you can't find them, I can copy + paste the hunter macros I use here.

07-06-08, 09:02 PM   #6
animadafemme
A Fallenroot Satyr
Red face

Originally Posted by Blu_Haze View Post
As a side note, I never have to switch my action bars as a hunter. I just have macros that combine a lot of similar spells into one button. For example I have a macro that combines wingclip, raptor strike, and mongoose bite into one. Then I have another two macros that completely control everything on my pet including hunters mark, pet focus, attack, follow, revive, mend, and dismiss. All of that in just two macros.

That really frees up a lot of bar space for me, and I actually have lots of room left over without ever having to switch bars. Most of those can be found on the hunter forums in the stickies.

If you can't find them, I can copy + paste the hunter macros I use here.
Can you please share the macro you have for combining wingclip, raptor strike & mongoose bite? thanks!

07-07-08, 03:16 PM   #7
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Wing Clip
/cast Mongoose Bite
/stopcasting
07-07-08, 06:49 PM   #8
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Thoragh View Post
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Wing Clip
/cast Mongoose Bite
/stopcasting
Not quite.

This is what I use for my melee spam:
Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence Wing Clip, Raptor Strike, Wing Clip
/castrandom [target=target, exists] Mongoose Bite
/castrandom [target=pettarget] Kill Command
As mentioned previously, this will alternate between Wing Clip, and Raptor Strike, in addition to attempting to cast Mongoose Bite when it's available. It will also use Kill Command when it's up, but only if your current target is the same as your pet. This is intended to be primarily a PVP macro, since obviously spamming so much wingclip is very mana inefficient, but it can also save your life when you're trying to get out of melee range.

Here's a little something to help you with your steadyshot rotation as well:
Code:
#showtooltip Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
/castrandom [target=pettarget, exists] Kill Command
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
For best use, you must spam this macro as much as possible, which will help you weave between steady and auto shot a little faster. It will also use Kill Command when it's up, and get rid of all the annoying red text up above ("that spell isn't ready yet", etc).

Here's my pet attack macro:
Code:
#showtooltip
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
/focus [target=focus,exists]player;target
/clearfocus [target=focus,noharm]
/petattack [target=focus,exists]
/petfollow [target=focus,noexists]
/cast Hunter's Mark
I have this bound to the Q key for easy access. If your pet has no focus, the macro will set your current target as your pets focus, send it in to attack, and then cast hunters mark on it. If on the other hand your pet already does have a focus, then using this macro will tell your pet to follow you instead. So for example, if I target a mob, and press Q, it will mark, focus, and send my pet in. If I press Q again before that mob dies (which auto clears focus), it will tell my pet to return.

This is what I use for my pets maintenance:
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nopet,modifier:alt] Revive Pet; [target=pet,dead] Revive Pet; [nopet] Call Pet; [combat][modifier:alt] Mend Pet; [modifier:ctrl] Dismiss Pet
/stopmacro [combat]
Similarly, I have this bound to Shift+Q. If I have no pet active, using the macro will call my pet. If I'm in combat, pressing Shift+Q will cast Mend Pet instead. If I have an active pet which is dead and I'm within visual range, the macro will revive my pet. If however I'm not within visual range or my pet has despawned, then holding the ALT key and clicking the macro will force it to revive my pet. Similarly, holding control and clicking the macro will dismiss my pet. You won't have to do any clicking at all though if you bind it to a key that doesn't already have a modifier by default (like if I had used the E key for the macro, instead of Shift+Q).

Also, my feign death macro:
Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=30/combat Feign Death, Disengage, Disengage, Disengage, Disengage, Disengage, Disengage
This will combine FD and Disengage into one macro. It's not 100% perfect since the macro timer resets with each use, however I also added in the combat reset, to make it a little more reliable. Obviously this will first cast FD, and then after that while FD is on cooldown it will use Disengage, then back to FD.

Another simple, yet useful macro is one I use for cheetah:
Code:
#showtooltip
/cancelaura Aspect of the Cheetah
/cast Aspect of the Cheetah
What this does is it basically negates the global cooldown if you're in a position where you need to cancel cheetah immediately. Instead of trying to cast cheetah (or for that matter any other aspect) again to remove the buff, it simply first cancels the aura, which doesn't follow the GCD rules.

Last but not least, the most simple macro of all:
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast Arcane Shot
/startattack
Only throwing this in here because some might not realize how nice it is not having to worry about missing lots of autoshot damage because you tried to initiate combat with your main attack spell, but for one reason or another weren't able to cast Arcane Shot (like for example in PVP if someone runs out of LOS just as you use AS, then your autoshot will start anyway and start firing as soon as you're back in LOS). For those of us that don't like to waste keybindings on autoattack, or don't trust reliably right clicking everything.

Hopefully some of these macros help a couple hunters on here. I know that personally they've made my hunter MUCH more enjoyable to play. I love ranged physical classes, and pets are nice, however I know that I dislike a lot of the micro-management involved. This helps to alleviate some of that.

With nearly all of these macros, except the two pet macros, I use the red question mark icon. This will preserve the original icons and tooltips for whatever spell is ready to be cast in the macro.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » range/melee action bar switching