10-20-07, 12:27 AM   #1
Totenkopf
A Defias Bandit
"Elite"/"Rare" Indicator for Mobs? (Supplement PitBull)

Hi,

I've used both PitBull and XPerl, and I've recently switched back to PitBull. I liked XPerl OK, but PitBull is better for me, with a single exception: Elite/Rare Mob indication. PitBull does pop-up a configureable "Eltie"/"Rare" statatement in the Mob's unit frame, and it can also be configured to change the frame border when an Elite is selected, but I'd like something much more obvious (basically impossible to miss, like the XPerl and Blizz Dragon). Can anyone reccomend an add-on that provides enhanced visual feedback for "elite"/"rare" Mobs, or perhaps an add-on that provides an audible feedback for 'elite'/"rare" selection?
10-20-07, 01:30 AM   #2
Vex
Premium Member

you could grab one of the elite dragon textures ( or make your own ) and import the texture in as an eepanels2 background

add a script to the panel

Code:
local classification = UnitClassification("target");
 if ( classification == "elite" ) then
    THIS:Show()
 else
    THIS:Hide()
 end
just create additional panels & codes for "worldboss", "rareelite", "rare" or "normal"
10-20-07, 11:20 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That script still shows the image for bosses and rare elites. It just doesn't for normal rares, as they aren't elite.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-23-07, 01:17 AM   #4
Totenkopf
A Defias Bandit
Solved

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I've downloaded eepanels2, but before i dug into it i explored an alternative with PitBull that has taken care of the problem: I've simplified, divided, and customized PitBull's default indicators for "Target" to place Classification (correct term?) in the right side of the health bar with large text and in red. I've also placed the lvl in the power bar with color based on the Mob's lvl relative to mine. Among a variety of other tweaks, I added a readback for my damage over their portrait.

PitBull is amazing, once you get a bit used to it. I stepped away for a short bit to XPerl, but I'm glad I came back to PitBull.

I am going to keep eepanels2 in reserve for now: it looks intriguing, but i'm good for the moment.
11-04-07, 06:44 AM   #5
Jerricka
An Aku'mai Servant

Can a more obvious indicator be made for Xperl too? The tiny lil word :rare: just doesn't cut it
11-04-07, 09:14 AM   #6
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jerricka
Can a more obvious indicator be made for Xperl too? The tiny lil word :rare: just doesn't cut it
If you are showing some form of nameplates and it is a named mob, you know there is something fishy. Now the problem would be to distinguish between Rare and Rare-Elite
11-04-07, 09:48 AM   #7
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

um, theres an option for colored borders for elites and rares somewhere in the pitbull options >_<
11-04-07, 11:58 AM   #8
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Jerricka
Doesn't turning on the dragon work for rare? Been a long time since I used X-Perl and even longer since I saw a rare, but I think it should do the trick just as the dragon does with elites.
11-04-07, 03:16 PM   #9
Jerricka
An Aku'mai Servant

There are dragon skins in Xperl?? I gotta go look now ^__^
03-21-16, 05:37 PM   #10
slayos
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Vex View Post
you could grab one of the elite dragon textures ( or make your own ) and import the texture in as an eepanels2 background

add a script to the panel

Code:
local classification = UnitClassification("target");
 if ( classification == "elite" ) then
    THIS:Show()
 else
    THIS:Hide()
 end
just create additional panels & codes for "worldboss", "rareelite", "rare" or "normal"
i have no idea how Ace works. i just downloaded Ace2 and noticed there was an Ace3 so i suppose that's betther, but no idea whatt to do to get that elite frame implamented?
03-21-16, 06:18 PM   #11
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Dat decade necro tho.

I take it you are trying to show elite/rare indicators for enemy mobs using a (presumably) much more up to date version of pitbull?
03-22-16, 07:39 AM   #12
slayos
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by sirann View Post
Dat decade necro tho.

I take it you are trying to show elite/rare indicators for enemy mobs using a (presumably) much more up to date version of pitbull?
that's right, but i have no idea how, would you or anyone else care to guide me?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "Elite"/"Rare" Indicator for Mobs? (Supplement PitBull)