10-22-10, 03:11 PM   #21
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, back in the day when I was experimenting with different table top rpgs, I was playing in a Marvel Super Heros game; and my character's name was Shadow Prowler (he had an ability to blend in with shadows). As for the 420 part, well I'm sure that's self explanatory.

However, maybe I should think about using my first D&D character's name (Ulcifer), since in most any game I play nowadays, I make some sort of incarnation of him (same dark elf necromancer) or closest I can come to it. For example, my first character I ever made for this game was a male blood elf warlock, as that was the best match I could get.

10-22-10, 04:25 PM   #22
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My name simply came from a shaman I created way back in the days after having a laugh with a few buddies on vent about it's name. It ended up being "Wimpface" since that's what we called one of the friends.

It brought quite a few laughs.

My in-game nick though, is Hulari, pronounced like the actor Hugh Laurie. House MD!
10-23-10, 02:43 AM   #23
carebear.
Banned

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
My in-game nick though, is Hulari, pronounced like the actor Hugh Laurie. House MD!
QFT. I still want that name once you change yours. :>
10-23-10, 03:18 AM   #24
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

TMcMahon51 used to be my district login waaaay back when I was still in school (first initial, last name, last 2 numbers of school ID). It sort of stuck, and I've been using it ever since, as well as using alternate changes to it (TMc, TMc51, McMayhem, etc). I still use my old password whenever I encrypt personal files.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-23-10, 03:25 AM   #25
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Way back in the stone-age of the internet, my nick on AOL dialup was badvoodoodad. So named for a contemporary swing band I was really into at the time named Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Loved the band and really loved the name. Well, before too long I got tired of typing that many characters (this was before sites could remember your log-in info) so I eventually dropped the "bad" and I've been using this name or variations thereof ever since.

Oddly, I never used the name as a character until after Scott and several of us founded the "Knights Who Say nUI" guilds on Nesingwary. Now, I use various spellings of it for almost every toon I create.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-23-10, 05:03 AM   #26
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by carebear. View Post
QFT. I still want that name once you change yours. :>
The deal was that I'm willing to change it if you racechange me to a troll.
10-23-10, 02:27 PM   #27
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Well that's easy. My nick comes from my main character's name, which is also Haylie. Most people in-game (and I guess out of game too) believed Haylie was my IRL name. Truth is, it isn't, one cause naming your char after your irl name is terribly uninspired (lol@carebear) and two because I used to be an online security freak and never gave up personal info (things have changed a little since then). I was just standing there one day, trying to come up with a name for this blood elf hunter that would become my main for about 5 years and Haylie was the first thing that popped into my mind. No idea why.
10-23-10, 02:30 PM   #28
Ither
A Firelord

Well ----

[ haylie snipped me! *GASP* ]

Last edited by Ither : 10-23-10 at 03:01 PM.
10-23-10, 02:44 PM   #29
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
-snip-
It's *nick* not character name
10-23-10, 03:01 PM   #30
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
It's *nick* not character name
OH... hell..

It's my name LOL. Now you can all track me down )

I'm not a very private person.
10-23-10, 03:08 PM   #31
Saintvallen
An Aku'mai Servant
Saintvallen on here, comes from the movie "gangs of new york". Hate it.
All other places in the world I go by the name Ghepip or Mr G.

[Edit away]
Ghepip, blood elf warlock. Named him after the words "The Pimp" but sound lame since he is a blood elf. Now I use this username all over the web.

Piptide, Orc Shaman. Named him with Pip after my warlock and then tide from the resto spell Riptide.

Gestas, undead Rogue. Named after the thief to the right of Jesus on the day of his crusifiction.

Many other alts with "#¤%ed up names.

Last edited by Saintvallen : 10-23-10 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Misunderstood question.
10-23-10, 03:11 PM   #32
FrackMe
A Kobold Labourer
BSG, of course.
10-23-10, 03:19 PM   #33
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by FrackMe View Post
BSG, of course.
Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica!

/nuff said

10-23-10, 04:12 PM   #34
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My nick comes from the movie the 5th elment and is actually a typo. Because that douchebag acutally has a "G" in the name instead of a "K". But it took me years to notice that one. *lol* I heard of the text adventure later on but that's not the source.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 10-23-10 at 04:15 PM.
10-23-10, 04:41 PM   #35
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by zork View Post
My nick comes from the movie the 5th elment and is actually a typo. Because that douchebag acutally has a "G" in the name instead of a "K". But it took me years to notice that one. *lol* I heard of the text adventure later on but that's not the source.
Lol, you reminded me of how old I really am. I not only remember "Zork" (the text adventure) but I actually HAD it for my TRS 80. That thing was the size of a truck...

10-23-10, 04:49 PM   #36
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Lol, you reminded me of how old I really am. I not only remember "Zork" (the text adventure) but I actually HAD it for my TRS 80. That thing was the size of a truck...
I'm with ya there. Don't forget the 16kb expansion module that was the size of 2 pizza boxes stacked on each other. =P

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-23-10, 05:23 PM   #37
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

A GM in EQ told me i need to change my name, I told him i can't think of one so he gave one to me. I been useing it every game i play now..
10-23-10, 05:24 PM   #38
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

My nick comes from here . I was driving along in my car singing along and trying to think of a good IRC nick (this was in the early 90's) and it sorta just stuck in my head.
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence
10-29-10, 10:05 AM   #39
kneeki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

About 12 years ago in high school, on Dal.net in #warez_cafe back when you could actually transfer files via DCC. I was a moderator there, as well as a mIRC scripter. I think someone spoke to me using the name via accident, and I just started using it after that. -.o
10-29-10, 10:30 AM   #40
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I've been using this name ever since I started using the internet .. some erm .. 20 years ago now. It started off from wishing my real name was Christina and liking Crystal as a name also. X was implanted to make it more unique.. or so I thought, the name seems to be just as frequent from searches on the internet.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Where does YOUR nickname come from?