04-17-09, 05:18 AM   #21
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
I run a mac and have not been able to use carbonite since the 3.1 patch. And yes carbonite is in the applications/world of warcraft/interface/addons folder where it is supposed to be.

Once again the only way I have ever been able to use any adds is if wow matrix installs and updates them. I am also one of the fools who liked Carbonite so much I paid for it the first day that mess started and now cant use it.

04-17-09, 07:03 AM   #22
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
I run a mac and have not been able to use carbonite since the 3.1 patch. And yes carbonite is in the applications/world of warcraft/interface/addons folder where it is supposed to be.

Once again the only way I have ever been able to use any adds is if wow matrix installs and updates them. I am also one of the fools who liked Carbonite so much I paid for it the first day that mess started and now cant use it.
Post the exact file path to Carbonite.toc.

04-18-09, 01:27 AM   #23
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've seen several Mac users have this after extracting:
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-x.xxx/Carbonite
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-x.xxx/CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-x.xxx/CarboniteTransfer

Carbonite-x.xxx being the zip file name. The Mac extracter will make a folder that contains the zip file contents using the zip file name if you double click a zip file. That will not work.

It must be:
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/CarboniteTransfer

Drag the folders to the AddOns folder.

04-20-09, 10:36 PM   #24
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
can't get Carbonite to install

I have read through many of the posts of people not being able to load the updated Carbonite, since the latest WOW patch. I ahve now spent a few hours trying all the things noted in those posts and replies and simply cannot get it to load properly. I used it before prior to the new patch and loved it. I want it back. All files are where they are supposed to be, I am running XP. I deleted the 2 WOW folders containing some info as was mentioned, and still nothing. I get the different colored mini map button but when I click it nothing happens. I have 2 computers, 2 WOW accounts and same thing on both computers.
What's left to try?

04-20-09, 11:10 PM   #25
hostmaker
A Murloc Raider
it took me a few hours but I finally got it right

04-21-09, 11:36 AM   #26
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
hostmaker, what did you do to get it to work? Maybe I have overlooked something, but it's not apparent.

04-22-09, 04:19 AM   #27
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by johnjbily View Post
All files are where they are supposed to be, I am running XP. I deleted the 2 WOW folders containing some info as was mentioned, and still nothing. I get the different colored mini map button but when I click it nothing happens. I have 2 computers, 2 WOW accounts and same thing on both computers.
What's left to try?
It is probably in the wrong addons folder.

1 What path are you unzipping to?
2 What does the Target: box say in the properties of the shortcut you use to start Wow?
3 The button looks the same as the C icon used in my forum posts. What different colored minimap button?

04-22-09, 09:18 AM   #28
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
Everything appears to be installed per the instructions.

Game was installed to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface"

Shortcut to launch Warcraft is "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe",
All addons are in
"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns".

All other addons that I use to have, including the previous Carbonite, were all working and in that folder.

The button I refer to is the mini map button. It changes colors when I have the 3 Carbonite folders highlighted (and the laod out of date addons checked as well), but it does nothing when clicked on. With the 3 Carbonite folders unclicked this button functions as the normal WOW mini map.

I downloaded Questhelper last night and it works. I want Carbonite though.

What can I be missing, and on 2 separate computers?

04-22-09, 10:04 AM   #29
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

1 Exit the game
2 Delete the World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite folder
3 Run game and make sure Carbonite does no show in addons list

If it shows in list, then exit game and use the Windows file search and look in C: for Carbonite. Use advanced options to show hidden and system files, since the Virtual store can also have hidden copies of files. Any folders that show up, delete them. Run game again and make sure Carbonite is gone.

Now unzip the Carbonite 3.11 zip file.

Check that you have:

"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite"

Which contains:

Bindings.xml
Carbonite.lua
Carbonite.toc
Carbonite.xml
CarboniteLicenseAgreement.txt
CarboniteReadMe.txt
Localizations.lua
Gfx (a folder)
Snd (a folder)

Run game and check Carbonite minimap button tooltip, that it says 3.11.

04-22-09, 09:26 PM   #30
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
OK, I wiped out all previous Carbonite files & folders and downloaded the latest version. I placed all 3 folders into the ADDONS folder. Fired up the game, selected all 3 and I still get same results. The map button is definitely a different color but still does nothing when I click it. Typing "M" does not bring up the map either. Yesterday I wiped out both the WTF and WDB folders in hopes that all the various Carbonite files within those subfolders would go away, which they did. I only played one character to isolate the problem.
On my other computer I did not wipe out those folders, so what I get when I click the mini map button I do get a listing that shows the following in a small box:

Carbonite 3.11
carboniteaddon.com
left click toggle map
shift left click toggle watch list
etc
etc
etc

This is what is supposed to be there, right?

I deleted the WTF and WDB folders on the 2nd computer and now nothing happens when I click the map button. So not both computers are exactly the same.

No different results if I only check just the Carbonite 3.11 box or all 3.

Is something blocking Carbonite from working? About 10 or 12 days ago I installed Norton Internet Security on both computers. I do not think the Carbonite was working then because of the new wow patch. I doubt Norton has anything to do with it.

I am sort of out of ideas on this.

04-23-09, 08:11 PM   #31
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The Carbonite minimap button tooltip should say 3.11 and the other info as you have shown. Left clicking the button will hide/show the Carbonite map window, but since the window is visible by default, you should never have to click the button.

Have you tried it with all other addons disabled?

I would try renaming the AddOns folder in the Interface folder to AddOnsOLD. Make a new AddOns folder. Unzip Carbonite to that new AddOns folder. Run the game and you should only see the 3 Carbonite addons in the AddOns list.

04-23-09, 09:06 PM   #32
johnjbily
A Murloc Raider
Problem solved by my son today.

I use a reeeeeeel old file management program to copy, delete, move, unzip, etc, files. Shows how old I am.....

This program opens up a zip file and show its contents. All folders within it are in CAPS. When I select a folder to copy into another folder, in this case into the WOW ADDONS folder, it does so, but in all CAPS. Apparently Carbonite is case sensitive.

I am a happy camper.

Thanks for sticking with me and remember this for future issues with other people. Not sure if the install instructions say anything about case sensitivity.

04-23-09, 09:11 PM   #33
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's not just Carbonite that is case-sensitive. It is your operating system. Because, for WoW addons, the folder name needs to match the .toc file name.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-23-09, 09:22 PM   #34
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Never knew the Mac folder name was case sensitive. Good info.

04-24-09, 10:13 AM   #35
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Never knew the Mac folder name was case sensitive. Good info.
Huh? It's not. I've just tested it. Created two folders on my desktop. Named one "test". Tried to name the other "TEST". The OS wouldn't let me do that.

04-24-09, 10:56 AM   #36
kitcat156
A Kobold Labourer
carbonite out of date

i keeps saying carbonite is out of date yet i have reinstalled it and reinstalled it ect it goes to the same place ect yet when i logg in to wow make sure that carbonite is checked in the add ons and go into game it still says that my carbonite is out of date any help???

04-29-09, 08:41 PM   #37
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Huh? It's not. I've just tested it. Created two folders on my desktop. Named one "test". Tried to name the other "TEST". The OS wouldn't let me do that.
It may not be from what the OS allows. It would be from what WoW is trying to load.

If an addon folder is called xyz and the toc file is called Xyz.toc, then it may not load depending if the game or OS was looking for xyz.toc and Xyz.toc failed to match.

04-29-09, 08:42 PM   #38
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by kitcat156 View Post
i keeps saying carbonite is out of date yet i have reinstalled it and reinstalled it ect it goes to the same place ect yet when i logg in to wow make sure that carbonite is checked in the add ons and go into game it still says that my carbonite is out of date any help???
That happens when you update the wrong folder and the game is still loading the old version of the addon from somewhere else or you did not overwrite the addon files with the new files.

05-01-09, 11:30 AM   #39
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
It may not be from what the OS allows. It would be from what WoW is trying to load.

If an addon folder is called xyz and the toc file is called Xyz.toc, then it may not load depending if the game or OS was looking for xyz.toc and Xyz.toc failed to match.
Then it would be the WoW application, not the OS, that's case sensitive.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Cant Get Carbonite to Install