12-08-05, 08:45 AM   #21
T.King
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dafire
Could you also release lines and edges in other graphic formats (like psd?) to make it possible for other developers to make their addons fit into the skin package ?

I have other unitframes in mind or titan panel e.g.

what program is best used to make blp files ?
There are some adjustments that happen in the process of going from the .psd to .blp, graphical adjustments that is. I would definitely like to see developers work in support though, so I'll look into the feasability of providing .psd's versus having authors just extract the .blp's. There are plenty of long straight narrow wood lines that would work for the titan panel (which I use on one of my systems).

We're just using "blp2to2ga", I believe it's available here on wowinterface.com.

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]
12-08-05, 08:46 AM   #22
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Dark Imakuni
The Rare frame is definatley missed as a custom UI-TargetingFrame-Rare.blp file isn't included in either of your current packages, only UI-SmallTargetingFrame.blp, UI-TargetingFrame.blp and UI-TargetingFrame-Elite.blp.

Not a biggie. Your interfaces still rock without it!
Definitely an oversight on my part, I created the elite and default target graphic, but rare slipped my mind. Probably because I rarely target anything rare. LOL

I'll patch this in along with the mouse cursor. We're planning a bunch of updates for this theme as well as the Gothic one.

12-08-05, 08:49 AM   #23
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by unknowngamer
Due to the fact that this is replacing default UI graphics, is it possible to make a toggle if you want to switch between the Vines and Skulls?

Reason I ask is that i play an elf hunter and an undead warlock, would love to be able to use both skins all the time, and not have a skulled theme hunter and vise versa for the warlock eheh
Great idea! in fact last month someone gave me the idea of creating an in-game switcher that works via commandline. for instance; /skin gothic or /skin elfwood. Ultimately, we'd like to have it where custom skins load for each character. So this is something I'm pursuing, as I'm sure a lot of people would also like to switch skins in-game.

12-08-05, 08:56 AM   #24
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Ringo Flinthammer
Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!

Great to see you back at the mod game, tking! Your Steamworks UI for EQ1 really made the game for me in the final year that I played.

<--- Formerly known as Whizbang Dustyboots

Great stuff. Looking forward to a shorty theme at some point.
WHIZBANG!!! it's so good to see you're still around!!! my favourite Gnome Wizard!

Didn't you also make a really cool website for creating EQ caricatures? is that still up? it was the best I had ever seen!

Again, really good to see you're still around! I'll never forgot the day you gave me amnesty from the Great Gnome Invasion! LOL

12-08-05, 11:16 AM   #25
Gaal
A Fallenroot Satyr
We're just using "blp2to2ga", I believe it's available here on wowinterface.com
blp2to2ga?

Hmm...I've heard of blptotga/blp2tga but I can honestly say I've never heard of a blp2 or a 2ga file format.
12-08-05, 12:23 PM   #26
Ringo Flinthammer
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by T.King
Didn't you also make a really cool website for creating EQ caricatures? is that still up? it was the best I had ever seen!
Nah, I just looked over the shoulder of my wife, Pedi, as she worked on EQPixelArmy.com and kibbitzed.

Again, really good to see you're still around! I'll never forgot the day you gave me amnesty from the Great Gnome Invasion! LOL
Hope you saved the receipt. The Revolution is coming soon ...
12-08-05, 12:33 PM   #27
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Wooohooo! Whizbang! YAY! Good to see you are still around!
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
12-08-05, 01:50 PM   #28
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Great idea! in fact last month someone gave me the idea of creating an in-game switcher that works via commandline. for instance; /skin gothic or /skin elfwood. Ultimately, we'd like to have it where custom skins load for each character. So this is something I'm pursuing, as I'm sure a lot of people would also like to switch skins in-game.
Please note that as of the upcoming 1.9 content patch, it will be natively possible to load addons per character. Just mentioning it as there may be some way for you (Tom) to use it to assist with this request.
12-08-05, 05:19 PM   #29
Ringo Flinthammer
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Wooohooo! Whizbang! YAY! Good to see you are still around!
You say that now, but wait until I get obsessed with the idea of a dwarf, gnome or snowy interface.
12-08-05, 05:39 PM   #30
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Bah, I put up with your eccentricities back at EQI, what makes you think I won't put up with them here, too, hmmm?

*grin*
12-08-05, 10:24 PM   #31
Kuvasie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dark Imakuni
The Rare frame is definatley missed as a custom UI-TargetingFrame-Rare.blp file isn't included in either of your current packages, only UI-SmallTargetingFrame.blp, UI-TargetingFrame.blp and UI-TargetingFrame-Elite.blp.

Not a biggie. Your interfaces still rock without it!
Yes, I did not include these. We will have to ask Tom for more disticnt graphics on these - hint - hint.

Kuv
12-08-05, 10:37 PM   #32
Kuvasie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Gaal
To do a toggle, you'd need to either use an external program to swap out the right files, or maybe it could be inserted into an addon or something that loaded and did it's work right before wow shows the GUI elements that are set to show.

What I noticed after installing this was a kind of nasty mix between the buttons and slider controls of wow and the frame borders of this skin. As well, I do have a lot of very custom mods but a lot of them get their textures from the same pathes that wow itself does, and yet I ended up with a mixture still. From what I saw when I was installing this, the textures replaced seem to be very specific to certain frames and such. However it's very possible that there are a lot of misc textures that are also used here and there within wow that aren't obvious right away.

Personally, I believe this mod needs a good deal of tweaking before it works the way I remember the old EQ T.King skins working, where every single fecking thing they let us modify was skinned.
Very true. WoW is very different from EQ1. Just to make the basic WoW UI change took 174 graphic files. To make the equivalent changes in EQ1 took about 26 files (both XML and graphic) and that included changing all the basic window border frames.

WoW has a very definite hierarchy of how it accesses and uses files. I would ultimately like to see this UI as a true Addon. Even with that option, it still may not work as intended when used in conjunction with other addons. I do not believe WoW has the capability of using the most recent addon's - in the regard to allow one addon to overwrite another. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am still very new at this.
Kuv
12-08-05, 10:38 PM   #33
Kuvasie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
Originally Posted by unknowngamer
Due to the fact that this is replacing default UI graphics, is it possible to make a toggle if you want to switch between the Vines and Skulls?

Reason I ask is that i play an elf hunter and an undead warlock, would love to be able to use both skins all the time, and not have a skulled theme hunter and vise versa for the warlock eheh
We are working on this. Tom and I still want to turn this into a true Addon, but we want to make sure it causes the least possible conflict with other Addons out there.

Kuv
12-08-05, 10:40 PM   #34
Kuvasie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!

Great to see you back at the mod game, tking! Your Steamworks UI for EQ1 really made the game for me in the final year that I played.

Great stuff. Looking forward to a shorty theme at some point.
Yeah, this is still my favorite - hint hint Tom. - heheheheh. Good to see you Whizbang!!

Kuv
12-08-05, 10:50 PM   #35
Kuvasie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premium Member
There are some adjustments that happen in the process of going from the .psd to .blp, graphical adjustments that is. ..........
I have to agree with Tom on this one. I take his 3D or 3D generated files and turn them into .cpt files. I like to use Corel for the most part. I very rarely use .PSD files for anything. I am not an expert on graphics or graphic programs. Corel is just what I use.

It will be up to Tom to release a tool kit. His graphics (at least what comes to me) is very detailed. What comes out is a compitation of what he makes and what I make. Typically speaking I get two toolkits from Tom. I then turn them into all the files that comprise the basic WoW grahic files.

Kuv
12-09-05, 10:38 PM   #36
Theolis
A Murloc Raider
Question Problem with install

Your interfaces look amazing! I love how they look in the screen shots and I'd love to use them but I'm running into a problem. I can't seem to get this to work.
  • I download the files, unzip them and drop the "Data" folder in as such:
    • C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data
  • I'm prompted to overwrite files, I hit "yes"
  • Then I log into the game
Once I'm in the game I see no changes of any kind. I thought it might be a mod stoping them from showing so I tryed it without ANY mods but still no dice. I even cleared my SavedVariables folder. Any ideas?
12-09-05, 11:19 PM   #37
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Do you have the graphics from the Blizzard UI Customization Kit installed? (If yes, that is why, it's a known problem that is being worked on) Deleting them from your interface folder will allow the T.King graphics to show up.
12-09-05, 11:27 PM   #38
Theolis
A Murloc Raider
Ahhh that'd be it! I've been trying my hand a moding so yes, I've unpacked them. Do I need to remove the ones in the addons folder too?
12-09-05, 11:28 PM   #39
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yep, those are the ones.
12-09-05, 11:58 PM   #40
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
I think the problem with including these skins as part of an AddOn would be that you would manually setting the textures of XML frames to use file paths other than the defaults. That would mean that anything that changes those using the old paths would set the frame back to using the old default graphics. Unforunately I do not see any easy way around this problem. It might be possible by hooking a number of functions, but that could get very messy.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » T.King's Elfwood for World of Warcraft