01-29-11, 11:49 AM   #1
Raptor434
A Defias Bandit
Having problems with WoW chat

Sometimes after ive been logged into wow for awhile a problem occurs with my chat. It prevents me from typing and displays a carbonite style window above the chat with a bunch of question marks in it and changes all of what ive typed into question marks. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like.
Thanks, Raptor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012911_103836.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	5652  

01-29-11, 02:31 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately, the only way to be absolutely certain that Carbonite is causing the problem is to disable all of your addons except Carbonite and play the game. If the problem does not persist, then there is another addon that is causing it.

01-29-11, 03:16 PM   #3
Raptor434
A Defias Bandit
Im not using any other addons except carbonite

01-30-11, 02:27 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OK. I'm not sure exactly where the option is (not in-game, and about to go to bed, so....) but I think it is on the "Modules" page of Carbonites options. Look for the "Enable Info Windows" option and un-check it to disable them. It used to be on the menu when you right clicked the minimap button, but I never use them so I am unsure if it is there yet.

Anyway, see if that does it.

EDIT: To find out exactly what the window belongs to, type "/fstack" (without the quotes) in chat. This will open a small window that will tell you everything that is under your cursor. Type "/fstack" again to close the window.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-30-11 at 02:31 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Having problems with WoW chat