09-30-06, 10:01 AM   #1
Brandubh
A Murloc Raider

Lightbulb Mod Idea: Gear Comparison Mod

Generally, I try to avoid advocating someone make something I want; my rule is I make it, I find it or I keep my mouth shut.

However, this might have already been created -and i just can't find it anywhere- and I feel it'd probably be popular for end-game raiding and gear management.

OK, so, here's the premise: I play a 60 rogue. At any given time I carry my normal default raid gear, plus a PvP set and then 2 variants for each resist (at this point Fire, Nature, Frost and Shadow). One variant is pure resist gear (or 'gimped', as I call it), the other is a hybrid that has less resists on it, but higher combat stats.

As I acquire better gear or for those that begin to accumulate different gear sets or who -like me- have multiple sets to manage, one of the primary concerns is the comparison of X item to others of it's kind. The point of the mod I'm suggesting (or searching for) is a gridded comparison list that will show all items, as a whole or by slot type, as well as their relative stats. Perhaps you could organize using dropdowns for a specific stat or effect, which would 'search' your gear and return only.. say... NR or FR gear. It could also have right-click equip functionality.

For instance: I'm pretty solid on my FR and NR at this point, but as we move into Naxx (and even for the trickier fights in AQ40) the trick is to organize optimal Frost and Shadow resist sets, both for full resists and for my hybrid gear. How convenient it would be to be able to pull up a mod that will show me all the items I have for a slot and list how much SR or FrR they have, along with AGI, STA and Armor, etc. I could make decisions at a glance as opposed to mousing over each item and shuffling through bags. This would make an excellent companion to ItemRAck or any other Gear mod, as well.

Does anyone know of a mod like this or would anyone currently be working on something of the kind. I'm quite curious.
09-30-06, 11:13 AM   #2
Crispix
A Cyclonian

It sounds a whole lot like Equip Compare...

I may not of wholey read your entire post, but if your looking for something that will compare your gear to items that you've picked up or are on the AH, and et cetra, it's quite possibly the best mod to do it.

It does it for Items, LootLink, and Item Linking (for when someone pops an item up in the Trade Channel).

See if that helps you.

Click my signature to see my current character!
Current Server: Lightning Hoof (PVP RP) Current UI: Mazzlefizz

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-30-06 at 11:19 AM.
09-30-06, 02:22 PM   #3
Brandubh
A Murloc Raider

Well, essentially what I'm looking for/proposing is like EquipCompare, but on a larger scale. Less of a comparison between what you're mousing over and what you're wearing, this would display in a tabular format ALL of -say- your chest items, then list each stat, resist and effect. It could organize by ascending/descending by numerical stats, etc. This gives you a clean display of all your gear of a type or all types and what they add to your gearset.

For instance, you could conpare your Thick Silithid, Nightslayer, Bloodfang, Polar Tunic and Frostsaber chest items. This would display them all at once, showing their stats. This would make it very easy to create gearsets that -at-a-glance have the best stats or resists for your needs.

For example, it might look like this:

Obviously it would also show item icons, have drop downs, etc, but I hope this illustrates what I'm suggesting. It alllows you to compare these all and find the best match for the gear you need.

Last edited by Brandubh : 09-30-06 at 02:27 PM. Reason: addendum

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mod Idea: Gear Comparison Mod