11-06-14, 01:25 AM   #21
missty
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Good call, Rythal. Thanks for the heads-up!

My opinion on this (which nobody else probably cares about, but I'm still gonna give it):
Yes, we need current quest information, yes it would be really nice to have the multicolored quest blobs back (for all quests), and, yes, it would be nice to have the Carbonite map working properly again (everywhere).

The bottom line, though, is that you just can't do it all at one time. Not working on it alone and that's how it's going.

Good luck and take the time you need to get it right the first time. I'm pretty sure we'll still all be here to cheer when you're done with it.
ohhh yes we are all gonna be here when its done Rythal =) do what u need to do...im very sure the end result will be amazing like usual=) if I could help u..i would...but im a total noob with comp stuff...sigh... but I shall be there in spirit ! *cheers u on!*

11-08-14, 08:51 AM   #22
sandlolz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I literally am not going to resub until carbonite works.

Just playing on 7 free days right now...

11-09-14, 08:40 AM   #23
pitman9
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Are you using Rythal's 5.055, updated October 23, available both here and on Curse? People have been saying it works fairly well, with a minimum of glitches, if any.
Could you please point me to the version you reference? The most recent I see here is the 3-13-14 release. When I install from Curse it's 5.4.2-Alpha-5.

Thanks

11-09-14, 09:10 AM   #24
fallenkirmit
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by pitman9 View Post
Could you please point me to the version you reference? The most recent I see here is the 3-13-14 release. When I install from Curse it's 5.4.2-Alpha-5.

Thanks
From what I can tell both on curse and curseforge aswell as these forums Rythal hasn't done any updates since that 3-13-14. If there was a update then it's been removed.

There is however a "temporary fix" made by a third party (Ebmor) here on the forums that will give you at least the "google maps" albeit a bit glitchy. It works for what I need it for. I'll link to the post HERE

Curse website - Curse Forge website -

11-18-14, 10:51 AM   #25
Kyzmet
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by sandlolz View Post
I literally am not going to resub until carbonite works.

Just playing on 7 free days right now...
There is no sub and Rythal is doing this with no expectation of monetary gains. In fact considering the time and hardware I seriously doubt he makes any money he doesn't reinvest in the project.

There is a newer version but it is still a work in progress so all things considered enjoy the new content and play with your garrison and relax while Rythal continues rebuilding it so it works with all of the new changes Blizz did.

Patience is a virtue with many great rewards.

11-18-14, 11:15 AM   #26
Yuriko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Kyzmet View Post
There is no sub and Rythal is doing this with no expectation of monetary gains. In fact considering the time and hardware I seriously doubt he makes any money he doesn't reinvest in the project.

There is a newer version but it is still a work in progress so all things considered enjoy the new content and play with your garrison and relax while Rythal continues rebuilding it so it works with all of the new changes Blizz did.

Patience is a virtue with many great rewards.
No no, m'dear.. I believe sandlolz is saying that they are playing the 7 day free trial of WoW right now, and they aren't going to subscribe back to WoW until Rythal gets done, as they don't want to play without it.

Surrender
I know you're hiding here
Come, my dear
You can hide in the night while I'm waiting here, all alone

Last edited by Yuriko : 11-19-14 at 10:21 AM.

11-18-14, 07:38 PM   #27
Lizzykin
A Kobold Labourer
I Also am just going to be patient and wait and see and be happy when it is Done

11-22-14, 11:00 PM   #28
neon5162
A Defias Bandit

i dont even mind if theres no quests or otherstuff i just miss the second minimap the wow thing is annoying and isnt shrinkable and other minimap addons just mess with the map in the top right corner any suggestions for a decent secondary map addon till good ol carbonite is up and running again

11-23-14, 10:59 AM   #29
Thunderlibra
A Kobold Labourer

Red face quest complete

I loved using Carbonite. I really hate not having it. I would gladly even pay a fair price for it. Please bring it back. I especially miss the "Quest Complete" sound when I finish a quest. That alone got my husband to want it as well.

11-23-14, 11:03 AM   #30
Annisa
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite update for WOD

I will "suffer" the Blizzard quest modules until Carbonite is ready. I used Carbonite since it was first available. Started in WoW beta 2 about 12 years ago, and when I first found Carbonite it was like the fog of war was lifted from my sight.

I know Rythal may not be expecting to make money on this, but I have, and will in the future, donated through PayPal. Each of you who say you need Carbonite back should do this as well.

If everyone who is clamoring for an updated Carbonite would donate on PayPal, he would be able to get himself a nice Christmas present.

11-24-14, 05:08 PM   #31
LaughterSong
A Defias Bandit
Red face Carbonite Map - The BEST

I miss Carbonite soooooo much!

I am thrilled you are working on it. I understand the large time investment.

I have been using Mapster and absolutely hate it but it's better than the default WoW map.

Every time combat commences, the map disappears. I open it up and it is - well very difficult to read until I zoom in what little bit a player can zoom in only to have it once again disappear if I herb or mine or commence combat - map with all my adjustments is gone..rinse repeat. It's clunky and awkward and has an enormous frame around it taking up far too much UI space.

I would be thrilled just to have a great map via Carbonite again.

If anyone knows of a better map system - I would love to hear about it.

Peace

11-26-14, 10:20 AM   #32
madde007
A Murloc Raider
I get the latest version from github (master).
I think there is a lot of working things in it.

It is still in development: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite

greetz

11-26-14, 03:07 PM   #33
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Good call, Rythal. Thanks for the heads-up!

My opinion on this (which nobody else probably cares about, but I'm still gonna give it):
Yes, we need current quest information, yes it would be really nice to have the multicolored quest blobs back (for all quests), and, yes, it would be nice to have the Carbonite map working properly again (everywhere).
The other reason I would say to delay the quests is that there's at least some quest tracking built in to the game now, so it's a lot less pressing than, say, in WoW 4.

12-20-14, 11:24 PM   #34
Beachcomber1
A Murloc Raider
Posting this here as the author would more likely be able to see it.

Yes, Carbonite absolutely needs to be more modular. That mass of compressed code. And all of these features that people maybe didn't use. I remember vividly saying to myself, "Hmm, when Blizzard changes the coding required for addons, it's going to be near-impossible to get this addon updated and working". And here we are.

I used Carbonite exclusively for the pvp map. I turned everything else off that I possibly could. I remember it taking an hour or more to do so. When I tried to recommend the addon to others in the pvp community, they uninstalled it because they couldn't disable all of the kruft. If I could just download the pvp map module, I would. And I know many others would too.

Therefore Rythal, going forward I would like to recommend that you make this addon as modular as possible. Regardless of if the pvp maps ever get working again, it's just good practice to break this addon in pieces so that 1) it can be updated more easily, perhaps with separate coding contributors assigned to sections and 2) people can just install the component of Carbonite that they actually need and use.

Thank you for considering, and for your continued work on this addon.

12-21-14, 12:08 AM   #35
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Beachcomber1 View Post
Posting this here as the author would more likely be able to see it.

Yes, Carbonite absolutely needs to be more modular. That mass of compressed code. And all of these features that people maybe didn't use. I remember vividly saying to myself, "Hmm, when Blizzard changes the coding required for addons, it's going to be near-impossible to get this addon updated and working". And here we are.

I used Carbonite exclusively for the pvp map. I turned everything else off that I possibly could. I remember it taking an hour or more to do so. When I tried to recommend the addon to others in the pvp community, they uninstalled it because they couldn't disable all of the kruft. If I could just download the pvp map module, I would. And I know many others would too.

Therefore Rythal, going forward I would like to recommend that you make this addon as modular as possible. Regardless of if the pvp maps ever get working again, it's just good practice to break this addon in pieces so that 1) it can be updated more easily, perhaps with separate coding contributors assigned to sections and 2) people can just install the component of Carbonite that they actually need and use.

Thank you for considering, and for your continued work on this addon.
The newest development version is already pretty modular, much more so than the original version.

12-21-14, 05:02 AM   #36
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Choonstertwo View Post
The newest development version is already pretty modular, much more so than the original version.
Thats right, u can have only maps if u want, try pre-release github version.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Final Decision on what's coming first