12-27-14, 10:28 PM   #1
Kalkrok
A Kobold Labourer
Quests module causes screen to pause and restart

I noticed that when the quests module is loaded my character halts briefly and then continues. This occurs every few seconds. Not good. Always liked Carbonite and hope it can be fixed. Maps portion seems to work properly. Ed

12-27-14, 10:46 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mine was doing that eartlier this afternoon, but I re-adjusted my graphic settings and it stopped.

01-07-15, 03:38 PM   #3
graymouser
A Defias Bandit
Any idea what those display changes were? I'm experiencing the same thing glitching pauses. (also, Quests *seem* to cause a very long pause upon login). I have Lightheaded loaded as well, but both problems occur regardless.

01-07-15, 03:45 PM   #4
wildthotz
A Defias Bandit
I've had this issue since adding in the Quest module. I removed all addons and my WTF folder, added back in Carbonite Maps alone, and things worked fine, then added in Carbonite Quests and it hangs/pauses on startup, sometimes will snap into working and other times will crash my game - meaning it kicks me off the server and I have to restart WoW. I absolutely luv Carbonite and have missed it dreadfully, and haven't really played since Christmas because whenever I have time, I spend it trying to make the Carbonite Quest module work. I loaded it on my brother's machine too, and though it pauses at game startup, it gets through it and works for him. I'm so frustrated.

01-07-15, 04:03 PM   #5
graymouser
A Defias Bandit
I just disabled everything except carbonite & quests, and the pause is gone.

I re-enabled altoholic (plus dependancies, ie bits of datastore) and a) the longish login pause is back, the regular screen pauses are not.

I re-enabled datastore-quests, still no glitching.

Ok, so nothing obvious. Rinse and repeat we go.

edit: re-enabled all of lightheaded and my login pause went back to being VERY long, and the screen glitching is back. Now for the acid test.

editedit: confirmed. Everything I previously was using minus current version of lightheaded - no problems. Add Lightheaded back into the mix and get the glitchy behaviour plus a very long post-login delay. LightHeaded-v60000-1.2.0-2014-12-20.zip

thank goodness for addon control panel.

Now, I just have to track down what's currently causing "no player named" chat window spam. I see rythal has a bugfix on github for that reason. I have a few social addons, though. could be anything.

lastediteditedit: Now that I go look at LH's current comments, there are others there that have already pointed the finger of accusation. Ah well. Can't keep track of everything.

Last edited by graymouser : 01-07-15 at 04:32 PM.

01-08-15, 01:33 AM   #6
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Social spam is fixed on GitHub.

Good to know that latest version of LH is compatible with Carbonite. Ill check it and if thats comfirms ill remove Carbonite from thread with incomapatible addons.

01-08-15, 09:01 AM   #7
graymouser
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post

Good to know that latest version of LH is compatible with Carbonite. Ill check it and if thats comfirms ill remove Carbonite from thread with incomapatible addons.
Er, I was saying the opposite: LH (for me) is confirmed to cause glitchy pauses every 2 seconds *and* an abominable 1 minute+ freeze upon login, in conjunction with carbonite quest.

01-08-15, 09:06 AM   #8
graymouser
A Defias Bandit

I gave the wrong impression, I think. LH (for wowinterface) and the non-github latest of carbonite quests cause glitchy every-2-seconds pauses plus a 1minute+ login freeze. I'll try LH with the github version your posts links to.

01-08-15, 09:18 AM   #9
graymouser
A Defias Bandit

I must have given the wrong impression.

LH from wowinterface plus the non-github version of carbonite was glitching. A copy from github that your post included *doesn't* seem to be glitching, nor was there the 1 minute+ freeze upon login.

Last edited by graymouser : 01-08-15 at 09:21 AM.

01-08-15, 09:40 AM   #10
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by graymouser View Post
I must have given the wrong impression.

LH from wowinterface plus the non-github version of carbonite was glitching. A copy from github that your post included *doesn't* seem to be glitching, nor was there the 1 minute+ freeze upon login.
There are many fixes in github version, so im not surprised that it works.

01-08-15, 12:22 PM   #11
wildthotz
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by graymouser View Post

edit: re-enabled all of lightheaded and my login pause went back to being VERY long, and the screen glitching is back. Now for the acid test.

editedit: confirmed. Everything I previously was using minus current version of lightheaded - no problems. Add Lightheaded back into the mix and get the glitchy behaviour plus a very long post-login delay. LightHeaded-v60000-1.2.0-2014-12-20.zip
Thanks graymouser & ircdirk. I hadn't caught the difference in the length of pausing that well. Removed LH for now, and though I still have a short delay, it does indeed seem to be the problem. Also grabbed Rythal's latest beta version, thanks to ircdirk's link in this thread to github. Glanced at LH comments too. My interface is totally playable again! Will do a bit more poking at it after work, but I'm SO happy right now! Will keep watch for news that LH and Carbonite play nicely together eventually. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quests module causes screen to pause and restart