01-15-11, 07:50 PM   #1
Andy3112
A Defias Bandit
Maps not displaying quests

i have had 4.033 installed or a while now with no issues. but just suddenly the maps no longer display any quest information that i need. all i can see is the map itself and the '?' to hand in quests. there is no longer any '!' to collect quests or quest areas colour marked. I have no other addons running. This literally happened between logins. one moment its working then suddenly nothing. its the same for all my characters on all the realms

any ideas?

01-16-11, 09:28 AM   #2
Goblin Realms
A Kobold Labourer
Quests there one day gone the next

I have the same problem.
Been using Carbonite for quite a while with out any issues.
Now the quest information is gone from the map.
Now I'm back to doing quests the old way.
Would love some help with this.
Any ideas?

01-16-11, 02:22 PM   #3
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
this is something that happens randomly to me usually every few months, the only solution i have found is to reset all carbonite settings

01-17-11, 01:21 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I think maybe if you mess around with the four buttons at the top of the quest watcher, you may find a solution to this problem.

01-17-11, 08:55 AM   #5
Andy3112
A Defias Bandit
I tried resetting and playing witht eh buttons but nothing. i deleted the interface folder, let wow recreate a clean one and re-downloaded carbonite... still the same problem

01-17-11, 04:39 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Addons tend to save data in the wtf folder rather than the interface folder. If the problem is with the saved data, deleting your interface folder and reinstalling your addons won't help. Try renaming your wtf folder to wtf.old or some such (when not in wow) and then start the client and log in. If that fixes it, the only downside will be that any settings you've made (for any of your addons) will have to be redone.

01-17-11, 07:10 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alternatively, you could completely exit WoW and go to "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" and rename/delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. The renaming can be simply adding a character to the file name so the game won't load them. No addon by that name, so it will just ignore them and make all new files for Carbonite, just without your settings. BE AWARE that these are Carbonite's main saved variables, and it will completely reset your installation of Carbonite for all of your characters.

At least this way you don't have to set up all of your addons again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Maps not displaying quests