08-03-11, 10:57 AM   #1
Geneticus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Follow Me not following me

The Follow me option centers halfway between me and the destination instead of centering on me.
"WHEATOOOOOON!!!" - Sheldon Cooper

08-03-11, 11:08 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, that's the "Auto scale" map option that is doing that. On your Carbonite map, look at the top right corner of the map frame and you should see two boxes there. If you hover your cursor over them you will get a tool tip telling you what they are for. The left most of the two is to "auto scale" the map between you and your "goto" point. Unchecking that box will stop that, and the map will stay centered on your character.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	6416 Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-NoAutoScale.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	6418
The "Follow me" option just makes the map follow you as you move around or else you'd constantly be adjusting your map to see your characters' location in it.

I highly suggest that you open your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and read through the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file you will find there. It explains a lot about what Carbonite does and how to set it up. Unfortunately, it is still one of Carbonites "best kept secret's".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-03-11 at 07:37 PM.

08-05-11, 12:41 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Jeffy162, you did a great job with your graphical examples!

Side note: While composing this, I noticed errors in the "Post Icons". The names of two of the icons are reversed! Hover your mouse over the "Thumbs up" and the "Thumbs down" icons, and read their names.

And, I also noticed that the list of "Smilies" icons do not include the same ones as are in the "Post Icons." It would be nice to use some of them (occassionally) as "inline" symbols -- like the Smilies. Just a thought.

08-05-11, 06:23 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Jeffy162, you did a great job with your graphical examples!

Side note: While composing this, I noticed errors in the "Post Icons". The names of two of the icons are reversed! Hover your mouse over the "Thumbs up" and the "Thumbs down" icons, and read their names.

And, I also noticed that the list of "Smilies" icons do not include the same ones as are in the "Post Icons." It would be nice to use some of them (occassionally) as "inline" symbols -- like the Smilies. Just a thought.
Thank you.

It's a WoWI hosted forum, so I'd guess they're probably aware of it, but, I'd also guess that it's not exactly at the top of their "to do" list.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Follow Me not following me