10-15-14, 09:56 AM   #21
beastieboy442
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by pitman9 View Post
I had forgotten how clunky WoW's native maps, quest info, etc was until having to use it for the last day. It just reminded me how thankful I am that Rythal is keeping Carbonite going.
Clunky? Tell me about it. When I logged on last night w/no Carbonite I wanted to log out and wait for a fix.

10-15-14, 10:09 AM   #22
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by pitman9 View Post
I had forgotten how clunky WoW's native maps, quest info, etc was until having to use it for the last day. It just reminded me how thankful I am that Rythal is keeping Carbonite going.
Yeah, and just think, the map functionality is much better in Wow6 than previous versions. I mean, it's still terrible, but...

10-15-14, 11:33 AM   #23
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Rythal, you just keep on, keep'in on......
RL first, we can wait friend.

I was here when you snatched this from death, and I have watched with great enthusiasm as Carbonite has grown again.

I will wait patient for you, and for Carbonite.

you do what you gotta do.......we will wait

As always, Wife and I will donate as we can

And Thanks

10-15-14, 01:22 PM   #24
Roxxzz
A Defias Bandit

10-15-14, 01:54 PM   #25
jadsr
A Kobold Labourer
I too have been a long time user (and occasional monetary contributor); Carbonite is the one add-on that makes questing truly enjoyable! WOWs internal mapping and quest tracking/helper systems seem like something designed to torture and aggravate when compared to Carbonite !

Real Life does come first - just remember you have a Legion of fans trying to hang on and every one of us I am sure are and will be eternally grateful for your efforts !

10-15-14, 04:17 PM   #26
Kes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thankyouthankyouthankyou

Thank you so very much for keeping us up to date on what's going on. And I knew the new mapping was going to present problems. Thanks enormously for actually working on it instead of just throwing up your hands and walking away in frustration as I'm sure many of us would have done.

Rythal rocketh many socks.

10-15-14, 07:58 PM   #27
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Talking Small World :P

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
(3 weeks in wisconsin, then 2 weeks in ohio, the rest of this week in toronto)
LOL I'm an hour north in Barrie for work. Small world eh? Thanks for the update If you were closer I;d buy you a drink

10-15-14, 08:05 PM   #28
Sass˙
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you Rythal

Thank you so much for continuing to update Carbonite. I don't know what I would do without it.

10-15-14, 08:56 PM   #29
Upyer
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Goranth View Post
LOL I'm an hour north in Barrie for work. Small world eh? Thanks for the update If you were closer I;d buy you a drink
Drove through Barrie on Monday after closing the cottage on Lake Rosseau. Happy Thanksgiving

10-15-14, 11:49 PM   #30
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I couldn't care less about 95+ % of carbonite's features but I am lost without the maps, and I don't know of any good alternatives.

10-16-14, 12:08 AM   #31
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Gho123 View Post
I couldn't care less about 95+ % of carbonite's features but I am lost without the maps, and I don't know of any good alternatives.
And, I can add to that --- without the Warehouse, I'm suddenly dumbfounded at playing the game as I've been used to. I can't figure out which of my characters has 'what' and how many. I realize that I've become quite dependent upon the Warehouse feature. It's something Blizzard never had the sense to realize the value of. I guess they assumed we would all be playing no more than 1 or 2 characters? LOL. I have many more than 2 char's, each of which has a bank full of things I've saved. Suddenly, I can't find a damned thing! heh heh. Plus, Blizzard's new optional feature SCRAMBLED all my bank items which I had organized carefully. Groan.

-- I really need the Warehouse (and, of course the wonderful custom Google maps!). Since I work mostly on professions, I can hardly play the game at all. It's too cumbersome with no pertinent, useful information provided at all by vanilla Blizzard. Thank God for Rythal.

Last edited by Kreelor : 11-04-14 at 05:36 PM. Reason: "...each of which has a [bank] full..." instead of "...each of which has [banks] full..."

10-16-14, 02:49 AM   #32
kmartinez
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you!

I know how much work you've put into Carbonite, and I truly appreciate it. I just submitted my donation. Thank you!

10-16-14, 05:43 AM   #33
beastieboy442
A Fallenroot Satyr

I didn't say so in my previous post ... but a huge Thanks! I know it's a lot of work ... and, like me, RL has to come 1st.

I will patiently wait ... the addon is to great not to do so.

10-16-14, 07:35 AM   #34
DKsDEVIL
A Murloc Raider
Thanks forst of all

I just want to thank you Rythal for your great work and i still cant understand there is not more support for this addon, only reason i started playing wow again was this addon if it was not here anymore i no play wow.
I just put in at little donation

Last edited by DKsDEVIL : 10-16-14 at 07:44 AM. Reason: edit meny erros hop its bedder now :)

10-16-14, 09:44 AM   #35
cjscully
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the update Rythal. I appreciate the work you're putting into this.

10-16-14, 03:19 PM   #36
karen1nicola
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Thank You :-)

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
And, I can add to that --- without the Warehouse, I'm suddenly dumbfounded at playing the game as I've been used to. I can't figure out which of my characters has 'what' and how many. I realize that I've become quite dependent upon the Warehouse feature. It's something Blizzard never had the sense to realize the value of. I guess they assumed we would all be playing no more than 1 or 2 characters? LOL. I have many more than 2 char's, each of which has banks full of things I've saved. Suddenly, I can't find a damned thing! heh heh. Plus, Blizzard's new optional feature SCRAMBLED all my bank items which I had organized carefully. Groan.

-- I really need the Warehouse (and, of course the wonderful custom Google maps!). Since I work mostly on professions, I can hardly play the game at all. It's too cumbersome with no pertinent, useful information provided at all by vanilla Blizzard. Thank God for Rythal.

Just made an account to agree, and shout YES! THIS!!!! I am absolutely, totally lost without the WAREHOUSE feature. The rest I can deal with waiting for, but my goodness I am missing having that information so badly already!!!

Keep up the good work, just so relieved to know that we will still have a Carbonite for the new xpac :-)

10-16-14, 06:06 PM   #37
mabramstank
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for your continuing support on this addon.

10-16-14, 06:34 PM   #38
Reyne
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up

Any word on Carbonite yet? Great job you are doing.. I can't live without my carb.. lol thanks

10-16-14, 07:39 PM   #39
neobiscuit
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I'll stick to this thread instead of making a new one...

A short explanation of what's being worked on currently:

The old Carbonite had 2 Zone tables. One followed blizzards zoneID's (4 = Durotar, 9 = Mulgore etc etc),
and One used it's own numbering system (1000 - 1999 was Eastern Kingdoms, 2000 - 2999 was Kalimdor, 3000-3999 was Outlands etc etc)

The entire mapping system relied on and was using the 1000,2000 system while guides locations quest tracking etc was using the zoneID system. The two were tied together strictly by the zone name. So during the table initialization, it looked at zone 1001 saw Durotar was it's name and created links between 1001 and 4 in various tables.

With the new continent coming, that entire system no longer works, as it can't tell Burning Crusade Shadowmoon Valley from WoD Shadowmoon Valley. So I am working on converting the 1000,2000 system over to zoneID's.

This is also leading to some problems on it's own, as things like Battlegrounds were placed in 9000-9999 and through out the entire mapping system it would check if you were in a battleground by seeing if carbonites internal ID was 9001 etc, so I need to find new ways to check for instances or battlegrounds.

All of this is compounded by the fact work keeps dragging me from home so I don't have access to work on it. (3 weeks in wisconsin, then 2 weeks in ohio, the rest of this week in toronto) So the working version for WoD won't be anytime soon, hopefully i'll have it going before WoD launches but even that remains to be seen.

For those who can't wait until it's done, it was a pleasure. For those who can wait, don't fret, it's not abandoned and will be fixed to work before too long.
Howdy!

Question: what about a carbonite GitHub thing?
It would allow many people to actively develop and submit patches so that things constantly flow

Just a thought

-Neo

10-16-14, 08:10 PM   #40
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by neobiscuit View Post
Howdy!

Question: what about a carbonite GitHub thing?
It would allow many people to actively develop and submit patches so that things constantly flow

Just a thought

-Neo
When I first took over the addon I originally did keep it all on a git, but nothing came of it so I just stopped doing it

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch