12-24-14, 02:13 PM   #1
aslanruler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation BUG: Possible bug in warehouse module, doubled chars from same Realm

I might have caused this problem myself by not deleting all the old Carbonite stuff before putting in the new. I really am not sure.

I did reset my profile, which did get rid of all warehouse data, at least that's what it looked like in game.

However, I am getting double entries on my toons. Almost all of them are being listed twice, which makes it look like I have twice as much gold, honor, etc, etc than I actually have.

It's really odd. Like I said, I didn't really go back and delete anything before installing the new Carbonite, though I did install two of the modules via the Curse download. Just thought I'd put this out here if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

Oh and Merry Christmas all!

12-24-14, 03:48 PM   #2
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Dear aslanruler,

I will have a look how it looks on my Installations, have one wow install only for testing Carbonite, and my Live Version, I think I can tell you more tomorrow because I'm looking only to forums tonight, and relax a bit

Greetings Samyonair

Has Something to do with new code for Connected realms, I think it's missing a check for is from same realm in the warehouse code
will add it as an Issue on Github

Have renamed the Thread to BUG: Status

Github Issue#139

Last edited by samyonair : 12-24-14 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added Issue URL

12-24-14, 06:14 PM   #3
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

To devs

Had a Look into code
Line 858 in Carbonite Warehouse\NXWarehouse.lua

Lua Code:
  1. if connectedrealms[i] ~= rn and name == connectedrealms[i] then

rn is defined as localrealm but from what I understand the operation is not functioning

otherwise the doubled chars cannot come from there

Greetings Samyonair

12-24-14, 06:32 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
My thought is that GetRealmName is returning the realm name differently then what comes back in GetAutoCompleteRealms() so some realms it works, other's it causes the duplication.

12-24-14, 06:42 PM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

I don't mean to intrude on your technical expertise (since I have none myself), but a I had a thought.

Could this be happening because one of my realms in is Brazil (it is the one working correctly for me, and it has no 'connected realms') and the other group of realms I have (which includes 'connected realms) are all located in The United States?

Maybe something in the code is separating the two distinct worldwide locations? I'm only guessing.

12-24-14, 07:11 PM   #6
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Lib ?

Hi Rythal,

if you have free time look at this lib if it can help us with our problem in warehouse

librealminfo

Greetings Samyonair

12-24-14, 07:16 PM   #7
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
I don't mean to intrude on your technical expertise (since I have none myself), but a I had a thought.

Could this be happening because one of my realms in is Brazil (it is the one working correctly for me, and it has no 'connected realms') and the other group of realms I have (which includes 'connected realms) are all located in The United States?

Maybe something in the code is separating the two distinct worldwide locations? I'm only guessing.
Kreelor I have this issues in only german region (don't play in two Zones) just has something to do with connected realms.

To Rythal other Idea would be first check if is connected realm than do this otherwise do part for single realms if the api functions let us do this just seperate the functions for both situations

Greetings Samyonair

12-27-14, 08:15 AM   #8
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

The tricky thing is if you delete data from a doubled toon both entries are deleted

12-27-14, 12:16 PM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
Kreelor I have this issues in only german region (don't play in two Zones) just has something to do with connected realms.

To Rythal other Idea would be first check if is connected realm than do this otherwise do part for single realms if the api functions let us do this just seperate the functions for both situations

Greetings Samyonair
It already does this, it does the information for your current realm, and then checks if you are on a connected realm and tries to do it again against every connected realm.

12-27-14, 12:46 PM   #10
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

That is why I thought to do it the other way around check if it is a connected realm do the stuff else do it for Single realm

Last edited by samyonair : 12-28-14 at 10:41 AM.

01-05-15, 08:43 PM   #11
Nikomas
A Kobold Labourer
Duplicate character listings and professions info not showing

I am also having the duplicate character issue with toons being listed twice on the same realm. I followed the link in the post regarding "Github Issue #139" and read that it showed that this issue was closed. I have downloaded the latest Carbonite Warehouse release that I could find, 6.0 for patch 6.0.3, so wanted to point out this issue is not "fixed" for me. I have tons of toons so the warehouse feature is really an essential tool for me and very helpful. Please let me know if there is something I should be doing differently.

Also, the warehouse doesn't show the profession information in the block for each toon. I have tried clicking on each toons professions manually but to no avail. I have also clicked on trainers to see if that would make it show up. Is there an option or something I should have checked?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. - Nikomas

01-05-15, 09:39 PM   #12
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Nikomas View Post
I am also having the duplicate character issue with toons being listed twice on the same realm. I followed the link in the post regarding "Github Issue #139" and read that it showed that this issue was closed. I have downloaded the latest Carbonite Warehouse release that I could find, 6.0 for patch 6.0.3, so wanted to point out this issue is not "fixed" for me. I have tons of toons so the warehouse feature is really an essential tool for me and very helpful. Please let me know if there is something I should be doing differently.

Also, the warehouse doesn't show the profession information in the block for each toon. I have tried clicking on each toons professions manually but to no avail. I have also clicked on trainers to see if that would make it show up. Is there an option or something I should have checked?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. - Nikomas
The git hasn't been made a live release yet, so 6.0 still has the bug.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » BUG: Possible bug in warehouse module, doubled chars from same Realm