09-23-08, 08:57 AM   #1
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quick GetTalentInfo-question

Hello

Just making a tiny little addon for myself to track duration on my short-time blessings on other people and I have a quick question.

At the moment I'm not checking whether I have the Guardian's Favor talent or not (it increases duration of Blessing of Freedom by 4 sec fully talented) since for myself I can just assume that I have it. But in a spark of wanting to fool around with making it more generic and to save me some lua-editing come Wrath when I might respec I figured I'd add it now.

So if I wanted to see if I have the talent maxed out I would do
Code:
GetTalentInfo(2, 4)
which would return
Code:
"Guardian's Favor", "Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Holy_SealOfProtection", 2, 2, 2, 2, nil, 1
The variable list being name, iconTexture, tier, column, rank, maxRank, isExceptional, meetsPrereq. With this info can I at all times assume that if rank equals maxRank I have this talent maxed out? It might seem obvious but just trying to make sure.

Oh, and another question: when is talent-info available? At PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD?

Thanks in advance!
09-23-08, 11:34 PM   #2
Travisstorma
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The variable list being name, iconTexture, tier, column, rank, maxRank, isExceptional, meetsPrereq. With this info can I at all times assume that if rank equals maxRank I have this talent maxed out? It might seem obvious but just trying to make sure.
Yes. That should work. My code I just used if rank == 3 then blah = true since 3 was the max rank.

Oh, and another question: when is talent-info available? At PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD?

Thanks in advance!
As far as I know, talent info isn't available until the the first frame is drawn. I ran into this problem about a month ago. P_E_W was fired too early for this. What I ended up doing is creating a simple frame that had its OnUpdate call a function that looked for that info. Once my mod had the info it just hid the frame.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Quick GetTalentInfo-question