09-24-09, 11:17 AM   #1
angel100780
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Need help with updating the lua for an addon

Hi, i have inherit the rights of an really great addon. My problem is now, that this addon since wednesday doesnīt work anymore. (Sorry about my english, iīm german, so please forgive me if i make any mistakes). Since i have no idea of how to write an addon i need help updating this really great addon. Maybe someone is out there and can help me with that problem of mine. I already searched through the hole tutorial forums on the www but i canīt understand anything of that function codes. Pls it would be really nice if someone could help me. Thanks

Here is the link to the addon: MeetNGreet
09-24-09, 11:38 AM   #2
Travisstorma
A Murloc Raider
What is it doing, or not doing rather?
09-24-09, 03:07 PM   #3
angel100780
A Murloc Raider

Its not even showing up ingame anymore. I should greet people with a macro ( /mng greet) but it does nothing. Not even "/mng option" is working anymore. And i just want it to work again properly and to show up ingame. Maybe it is becaus of ace2 in it. I tried changing to ace3 but maybe i changed the lines in the lua file wrong i donīt know. As i wrote i donīt know anything about lua or xml writing. Just how to set in the toc file from 30100 to 30200. Thats all i know. Pls help.
09-24-09, 05:37 PM   #4
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by angel100780 View Post
Its not even showing up ingame anymore. I should greet people with a macro ( /mng greet) but it does nothing. Not even "/mng option" is working anymore. And i just want it to work again properly and to show up ingame. Maybe it is becaus of ace2 in it. I tried changing to ace3 but maybe i changed the lines in the lua file wrong i donīt know. As i wrote i donīt know anything about lua or xml writing. Just how to set in the toc file from 30100 to 30200. Thats all i know. Pls help.
hmm. if you have updated the TOC, then the "most likely" cause is not so likely (i.e. enabling "Out of Date Addons).

take a look at the file ...\Warcraft\Logs\FrameXML.log, with a text editor. search for the (full) name of your addon, as it appears on Blizzard's addon configuration dialog. this file is where error messages will appear, for problems that occur during game startup that might indicate something severe enough to prevent an addon from loading.

hope that helps.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
09-25-09, 11:37 AM   #5
angel100780
A Murloc Raider

And what should i do with the xml file? I donīt know nothing about coding....
Ok i give it up. So the addon will die. Sadly but not to chance. I have not the knoledge to do this. Thats why i searched for someone to do it.
But thanks anyway.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Need help with updating the lua for an addon