05-22-12, 07:17 PM   #1
Stevecaeser
A Defias Bandit

Question Action Bars?

Hi im looking for an addon similiar to dominos , ive tried bartender and it isnt really what im looking for. im looking for a new add on seeing as how the author of dominos is quiting

http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?uid=20779

any help is appreciated
05-22-12, 08:25 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you also notice that that post was made almost a year ago? I'm sure Tuller will find a competent person to take over Dominos before he decides to actually quit WoW.

If you really want to change your action bar replacement, why not start Here.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
05-22-12, 08:33 PM   #3
Stevecaeser
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Did you also notice that that post was made almost a year ago? I'm sure Tuller will find a competent person to take over Dominos before he decides to actually quit WoW.

If you really want to change your action bar replacement, why not start Here.

started there before posting
05-22-12, 10:48 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

OK. Have you tried the Action Bar page on Vranx yet? How about the action bar catalog on Curse.com?

If you've checked all of those, you've probably seen most, if not all, of the up-to-date action bar replacement addons.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
05-23-12, 06:00 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Rather than just saying "I already looked at the action bar category, tell me something else" why don't you provide some actual details about what features you want? Tell us which other addons you've tried, and what you did and didn't like about them. If we don't know what you're looking for, it's pretty hard to help you find it.
05-23-12, 06:21 PM   #6
Xandrietta
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Can I ask what you did not like about bartender? From my experiences its pretty much the same as dominoes.. unless I am missing a feature or something..

As phanx stated above..tell us what you like/dont like/ are looking for and we can point you to some addons.
05-23-12, 09:56 PM   #7
Stevecaeser
A Defias Bandit

re:

i just really didnt care for the interface, i felt it wasnt as user friendly as dominos is and im just a lil picky there. other than that it was everything i needed but the interface just killed it for me >_< im a perfectionist im srry
05-24-12, 12:55 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Stevecaeser View Post
i just really didnt care for the interface
Girlfriend - "Let's go out to dinner!"
You - "Okay. Where do you want to go?"
Girlfriend - "I don't know. You pick!"
You - "Okay. Let's go to that Chinese place!"
Girlfriend - "Oh, I don't really feel like Chinese tonight."
You - "Okay. What about pizza?"
Girlfriend - "I want something fancier..."
You - "Anything specific?"
Girlfriend - "I don't know. Just pick something."
You - "Well, that new Brazilian restaurant is supposed to be nice."
Girlfriend - "That doesn't sound very appealing..."
You - "Mexican?"
Girlfriend - "No..."
You - "Sushi?"
Girlfriend - "Eww."
You - "Macaroni Grill?"
Girlfriend - "We just went there last weekend..."
You -
05-24-12, 03:18 AM   #9
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sounds like you're posting from experience Phanx
05-24-12, 08:41 AM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Stevecaeser View Post
i just really didnt care for the interface, i felt it wasnt as user friendly as dominos is and im just a lil picky there. other than that it was everything i needed but the interface just killed it for me >_< im a perfectionist im srry
Well, both Dominos and Bartender4 are based on the Blizzard action bar code, and look and act exactly the same. You can do the exact same things with both. The big difference between them is the user interface. One is streamlined and the other is huge, convoluted, and "clunky" (in my opinion).

Basically, the closest you can get to Dominos is Bartender4.

I've got to tell you, though, that I won't give up using Dominos until I absolutely have to, and I have used both. I started off with BT4 because it was really popular. Then I tried Dominos. Never tried another action bar replacement since. I'm really hoping Tuller finds someone to hand Dominos over to before he quits WoW.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-24-12 at 08:46 AM.
05-26-12, 04:35 AM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Sounds like you're posting from experience Phanx
No, if I want my boyfriend to take me out to dinner, I just tell him where I want to go. I get to eat faster that way.
05-31-12, 01:47 PM   #12
wowunderachiever
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
No, if I want my boyfriend to take me out to dinner, I just tell him where I want to go. I get to eat faster that way.
You have a lifetime of happy relationships with men to look forward to. We really just want to know what it takes to keep you happy without having to guess.

On topic: I think BT4 and Dominos are both excellent and will switch back to BT4 if Dominos becomes unviable. The reason I switched to Dominos is the setup/configuration feels more straightforward to me.
05-31-12, 01:49 PM   #13
Wildbreath
A Cyclonian

check this: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...127-bBars.html
05-31-12, 05:34 PM   #14
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

bBars gets a second mention from me, it's about as close to Dominos as you get.
05-31-12, 10:29 PM   #15
10leej
A Molten Giant

The razer naga addon is pretty much a modified version of Dominos, and I bet Razer will find someone to keep that updated.

Also, I don't think you need a razer naga to actually use it. Though I could be wrong about that.

http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...d=362&nav=0,40
06-01-12, 12:02 AM   #16
reflectional
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
Also, I don't think you need a razer naga to actually use it. Though I could be wrong about that.
You are not wrong, I put the addon on my girlfriends computer, and she was able to use it just fine without the mouse.
06-01-12, 04:15 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
According to the AddOn Development Policy put out by Blizzard, all addons must be available free of charge. IIRC, there's a link to download the addon on the razer site.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-01-12, 10:13 PM   #18
Phanx
Cat.

Seerah, did you post in the wrong thread? There's nothing in this thread about addons charging money... if you were talking about the "you don't need a Razer mouse to use the addon" comment, I think that was referring to the addon's functionality, not its availability.

The Razer WoW mouse has special functionality that allows WoW to see its extra buttons as true mouse buttons, while other mice with lots of extra buttons have to make do with mapping those buttons to keys (eg. instead of Button12, WoW receives "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Backspace" or some other binding you assign that you're unlikely to ever use from your keyboard). If the addon only works with "Button12" or has click-specific features that cannot be replicated with keybindings (eg. click-casting templates) then it will only work with the Razer WoW mouse, but you can still download it and install it if you want... it just won't do anything.

(For those who don't know, Windows only recognizes up to 5 buttons as real mouse buttons. Anything after that has to be mapped in the hardware's driver to a keyboard key or key combination. Blizzard and Razer teamed up for the official WoW-branded mouse to allow WoW to treat the extra buttons as actual buttons, but this only works for the official WoW mouse. If you buy another mouse with more than 5 buttons, even if it's a Razer brand mouse, WoW will only let you use the 6th+ buttons as keys, not as mouse buttons.)
06-01-12, 10:57 PM   #19
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, that is what I meant, Phanx. I guess the drugs hadn't all worn off yet from my surgery today.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-02-12, 02:34 AM   #20
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yes, that is what I meant, Phanx. I guess the drugs hadn't all worn off yet from my surgery today.
Ouch, I hope nothing serious and all went well ( Posting here is a good sign but who knows )

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Action Bars?