02-12-17, 05:33 PM   #1
Tichondriusa
A Defias Bandit
Addon which finds soundfiles

Hi there. I'm looking for an addon that can help me locate which soundfiles play at certain times. It needs to be in a format such as "/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\RhahkZor\\RhahkZorAggro01.ogg")", so I can replay the sound at any time. Does this type of addon exist? Thanks.
02-13-17, 04:17 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tedforMoP.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-13-17, 11:52 PM   #3
TOM_RUS
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pretty sure you can play all the sounds without knowing file name with
Code:
PlaySoundKitID(ID, ["SFX","Music","Ambience","Talking Head","Master"], [forceNoDuplicates], [runFinishCallback])
or
Code:
PlaySound("sound", ["SFX","Music","Ambience", "Dialog" or "Master"], [forceNoDuplicates])
Also it's not possible to know what sound plays at certain time.

There's a list of all soundKitID's (for PlaySoundKitID) and sound names (for PlaySound): Click

Last edited by TOM_RUS : 02-14-17 at 12:26 AM.
02-16-17, 10:13 PM   #4
Tichondriusa
A Defias Bandit
Talking

None of those methods are what I was looking for. What I am trying to find is the rest of Tichondrius' voice clips in the Nighthold. I CTRL-F'd the paste2 file you gave me, but it does not have the rest of Tichondrius' voice files. I tried fiddling around with renaming the files and inputting them using the script command, but I had no success. I am honestly very confused in regards to where the files are at all; nothing like this occurs in any of the other Nighthold bosses.

Thanks for the responses though, I do appreciate that.
02-19-17, 12:10 AM   #5
Taraezor
A Fallenroot Satyr

The sound kit suggestion is the way to do things these days. The link to the old wav/ogg method was fine up to about MoP. The list of names has not been updated since and would require constant updating with each expansion and patch.

Consult a website with a sound database, such as Wowhead (and it's annoying banner ads) from a PC. Never from a phone as the banner ads render the website unusable, sadly.

You only need the ID number to pass.

handle = PlaySoundKitID( 12345 )

That return value is just in case you want to stop playing that sound.

Note that this system will select at random one of several potential and related sound files. This might not be desirable.
02-19-17, 08:37 AM   #6
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

It's actually play,handle=PlaySoundKitID(12345). The handle is the second return. The first return is a boolean that states whether or not the sound played. For example, if the game sound is muted, "play" will be false.
02-19-17, 03:32 PM   #7
Taraezor
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks, my bad. Working off my dodgy memory
02-28-17, 03:01 AM   #8
Tichondriusa
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for all the help everybody, but I have found the sound files for Tichondrius! They were not under Tichondrius, they were not under dreadlord, no, they were under the name Steve!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon which finds soundfiles