08-21-08, 02:41 PM   #1
BDelacroix
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Secure Buttons Hiding and Showing

Ok, I'm going to describe what I'm trying to do in the hope that before I just give up on it that maybe someone can show me I'm wrong.

I understand the reason for secure templates were so that addons wouldn't do the "thinking" for the player. I'm cool with that.

What I wanted to do, though, I don't consider as thinking for the player. I had made a mod that used one button to place traps. To change the trap that the button represented you just mousewheel over it. That isn't "thinking" for the player to me.

Thing is, since I'm pretty sure I can't change the attribute of a secure button in combat, I made (up to 5) buttons and just hid the ones that I wasn't currently on. It amounts to the same thing. As the mousewheel is scrolled over the button, it just hides the current trap button and shows the next one.

However, this doesn't work in combat.

So, I either have to just give up and have all 5 buttons showing all the time, which is ok but not what I wanted or I am wrong about not being allowed to change the attribute("spell",---) of the button.

Can anyone tell me I'm wrong and can actually change the attribute in combat or show/hide status somehow?
08-21-08, 03:03 PM   #2
Duugu
Premium Member

I didn't worked with this at all ... so I'm not 100% sure ... but I think you are wrong.

Have a look at SecureStateHeaders. Guess there are tutorials out there.
08-21-08, 04:52 PM   #3
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Can you wait until WoW 3.0 comes out (or are you in the beta already?) This kind of thing is soon going to be much easier there.
08-21-08, 05:45 PM   #4
BDelacroix
An Aku'mai Servant
OOh, I tried reading about those headers and couldn't make um head or tail of them.

It made my head hurt.

Yea, I'm mostly looking at 3.0. One of my other mods will be easier (it does mounts as well as other things) with the expansion.

I'll look for some secureheader stuff again to see if I can make it work.
08-21-08, 06:38 PM   #5
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The SecureStateHeader is no more in 3.0

Take a look at this:

http://www.iriel.org/wow/docs/Secure...-%20draft7.pdf

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Secure Buttons Hiding and Showing