05-03-09, 05:14 PM   #101
datgrl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the quick response. I moved the folders up one level and
now they show up in the 'addons' screen at WOW login. However,
I still don't have the triple pane (2 doublewide and 1 lightheaded) that
shows in the sample pictures. I apologize if this is trivial/mundane.
I am a new WOW player and addons are equally new.

Thanks.
05-03-09, 05:45 PM   #102
Iyllarain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You mean the slashes should be the other way ?

Btw..how do I move things one level up ?

And yes, that is the .toc.

Oh my oh my...I actually just did put them one level up....I wasn't sure it was really meant to be such a simple way..lol..with computer speak you never know.
And...it worked ! Damn, I wish the makers of those AddOns would tell about it in some way...that would be nice.

Only problem now is that I found Carbonite extremely confusing (or maybe annoying...I just don't like too much stuff just being there on my screen and it changed my lay-out too much) ..lol ! Ah but now I can make Cartographer work.

And at least I got Overachiever to work again ! *smiles*.

Last edited by Iyllarain : 05-03-09 at 06:11 PM.
05-03-09, 06:14 PM   #103
Iyllarain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Oh my !

I hope the Carbonite people don't get me wrong now.

I'm sure they made a great addon and I don't want to complain about it or say Cartographer is better or such.

Only just saying that it is not *my* thing.

P.S.: Actually decided to go with Lightheaded since Cartographer conflicted with MozzFullWorldMap showing areas as unexplored that I allready know).

Last edited by Iyllarain : 05-03-09 at 06:45 PM.
05-03-09, 11:46 PM   #104
Dragona
A Defias Bandit
Hi, I'm Dragona. I've played World of Warcraft for about 4 years now and I've had absolutely no troubles with my AddOns at all. I've always installed them in the right places, and hell, when I'm bored I even use WowMatrix.

Here's my biff. Since the "bug fix" patch right after the 3.1.0 Patch (Ulduar), the AddOn button in my character selection screen has been missing. I haven't taken much notice to it because I'm just an 80 tank, so there isn't much I really need from AddOns. Sadly, without Questhelper, I'm a sad face.

List of things I've tried:

1. Blizzard's recommendation: Complete deletion of Cache, WTF and Interface folder. (COMPLETED) Sadly this did nothing. As I keep a backup of all my folders, the problem still persists.

2. Several other recommendations: Check if you have multiple copies of World of Warcraft installed. Done and done, I only have one, and if I had more, there would be no space left on my computer.

3. Other recommendations: Check if your AddOns folder is spelled correctly, as I do realize this leads to incorrect file paths. (COMPLETED) Definitely done, easy to do.

4. LAYERED FOLDERS: I get this answer ALL the time. I guarantee you that everything is in the right place.

5. VISTA OR MAC: Nope! I'm XP. Kthxbye

6. I've tried the repair button. Somehow there is CRITICAL DAMAGE to my installation. BUT, get this, apparently it won't revert because the problem goes too far back. (Go figure, right?) So sadly this isn't an option.

7. Reinstalling WoW: Also not an option, sadly enough. I receive an error every time I click the "Install WoW" button. It says "No installer data could be found. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support." Just my luck, right? No CD, it's an online purchase, go me.

Listen, I've tried EVERY recommendation that every site has to give me. My theory is that a command file is actually miscalculating where my AddOn folder is. Maybe it's a broken path link to the folder? Sadly, I would never know where to begin.

If you can provide an answer to my dilemma, please tell me. Otherwise, no leveling of the alts for me. Thank you!

Last edited by Dragona : 05-04-09 at 12:04 AM.
05-04-09, 12:37 AM   #105
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Which installer are you using? From your discs or did you download it? Also, have you tried completely uninstalling WoW before attempting to reinstall it? (Be sure to restart your computer before reinstalling.)

I believe that I have seen one or two other threads with this same problem on the official UI & Macro forum, though I do not recall if they were able to fix it and what the fix was. You could try searching for those threads if you have not already.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-04-09, 12:45 AM   #106
Dragona
A Defias Bandit
Well, I would have uninstalled by now, sadly I'm afraid that if I do, I won't be able to install after that because Blizz hates me T.T.
I'm using their online installer though, since sadly I have no disks.
05-25-09, 11:56 AM   #107
Banzamuffin
A Kobold Labourer
Do u need to copy WTF and Tooltip folder as well?

Hi i just downloaded the Flakes UI .zip file and beside the addons there was also a WTF folder with a SavedVariables folder with insider a lot of .lua files. I was wandering if u need to put those inside your own WTF folder as well??
And beside the WTF folder there was also next to the addon folder a *Tooltip* folder, what about this one?

And last, if you download a package with some of the addons already installed with curse, u need to delete those first?

please help me with these questions
05-25-09, 12:16 PM   #108
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Banzamuffin View Post
Hi i just downloaded the Flakes UI .zip file and beside the addons there was also a WTF folder with a SavedVariables folder with insider a lot of .lua files. I was wandering if u need to put those inside your own WTF folder as well??
And beside the WTF folder there was also next to the addon folder a *Tooltip* folder, what about this one?

And last, if you download a package with some of the addons already installed with curse, u need to delete those first?

99% if the time with a compilation ui such as Flakes, you need to backup your Interface and WTF folders.
Then, inside the WTF included with the compilation you will find an ACCOUNT folder that contains another folder named accountname, or some such. Rename that to your user account name in WoW. Open that folder and you will find a SERVER folder. Rename this to whatever server you use. Inside the Server folder will be another folder for your character name. Rename this to whatever your character name is. You will need to create a new folder here for each different character.

Folder structure should look like this;

\WORLD OF WARCRAFT\WTF\ACCOUNT\SERVER\CHARACTER

Confusing as all get out? You BET! Thats part of the reason I use nUI!

Hope this helps!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-25-09, 12:27 PM   #109
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hi i just downloaded the Flakes UI .zip file
I'm assuming you mean Flakes' UI found here

and beside the addons there was also a WTF folder with a SavedVariables folder with insider a lot of .lua files. I was wandering if u need to put those inside your own WTF folder as well??
The easiest way is to delete your existing WTF folder and replace it with the Flakes' UI one.

Then you will have to Rename following folders in the newly replaced WTF folder:
1) WTF/Account/ACCOUNT
change the name of the folder called ACCOUNT to your WoW Loginname
2) WTF/Account/ACCOUNT/SERVER
change the name of the folder called SERVER to the name of the Server you are playing on
3) WTF/Account/ACCOUNT/SERVER/CHARACTER
change the name of the folder called CHARACTER to the name of the character you want to use the UI on. If you want to use it on more than one character just duplicate it and rename the duplicated folder to the 2nd characters name and so on.

I assume you are referring to the folder found at Interface/Tooltips. This is a modification to the tooltip, instead of using the mod the auther has chosen to force the client to use those files instead of the ones in the MPQ. Using that way to change the UI is according to a recent discussion i had with a GM generally NOT allowed and violates the ToS section about modifying game files. Though there is no real way for Blizz to notice, should they you might get a ban.

So if you can live with the default tooltip do that, if not then copy over the tooltip folder too the Interface folder.

You don't have to delete the Addons already existing. Just be aware that all settings you have done will be deleted the moment you replace the WTF folder.
If you want to you can remove the curse Addons and reinstall them later.

I hope that helped
/Jooze
05-27-09, 08:10 AM   #110
Akkubohrer
A Kobold Labourer
Question interface page ?

can someone help me to find a page with interfaces for downloading,
i search a good one for me ;/ and take the best one of all
05-27-09, 09:43 AM   #111
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here ya go. http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat28.html
07-02-09, 11:22 AM   #112
blaznshadowangel
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite Help

Hey,

I tried installing carbonite on my computer and it seems that it isnt working.
I looked that pictures of how it is supposed to look like and followed the directions but everytime I log in...I don't see the add-ons button?

Is there something I'm doing wrong. I have Windows Vista if that helps
09-22-09, 02:35 PM   #113
niico
A Defias Bandit
carbonite help

so i extract it to my addons page it dosen't load on my addon interface when i log into wow so then i save it to my desktop then extract here then move the three files to my addons page still dosen't load can some1 help me plz Ps: i allso have vista

Last edited by niico : 09-22-09 at 02:38 PM.
09-22-09, 03:02 PM   #114
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
After ensuring that you've followed the steps in the first post of this thread, please post the file path to the .toc file of one of your addons.

For example:
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\PocketPlot\PocketPlot.toc
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-22-09, 03:43 PM   #115
niico
A Defias Bandit
carbonite help

ok so i was following the steps and i got stuck here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14650

Go to "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft" and you will find all of your WTF folders, etc. Copy your WTF folder into "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft" and your settings will be restored. If prompted, the files in your VirtualStore should overwrite the ones that may already exist in your Program Files directory. Keep in mind that if you are using a 64-bit Vista, "Program Files" will be named "Program Files (x86)."

I cant find AppData
09-22-09, 07:53 PM   #116
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, with the 3.0 patch, WoW asked Vista users if they wanted to move their install to a different location (wow's version of option 1 in the thread you linked). Why don't you go ahead and post the path to your WoW directory (do this by right-clicking the shortcut you use to launch the game, going to properties, and copying what it says in the "target" field - this makes sure you're looking at the right folder) and then also the path to the addon's .toc file (as mentioned above).

10-07-09, 01:42 PM   #117
Supafli
A Defias Bandit
Angry i fail im sure

Ok i can get most of my addons to work... but im tryin to download and install

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...seEclipse.html

and im just miserably failing... when i download i put it into its own folder... then i put it into my addon folder.... i feel as though im missing something.. plx help
10-07-09, 03:54 PM   #118
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Supafli View Post
when i download i put it into its own folder... then i put it into my addon folder....
That's your problem right there. You're creating a new, extra folder instead of just putting the addon into the AddOns folder. It should just look like

Code:
Interface\AddOns\WiseEclipse\WiseEclipse.toc
-----------------WiseEclipse\ReadMe.txt
-----------------WiseEclipse\WiseEclipse.lua

10-07-09, 05:03 PM   #119
Supafli
A Defias Bandit
sadly i know nothing about code or any of that... i pretty much turn it on and hit the buttons for the game so i saved it this time directly to my addon folder... its showing there but its not in game

it is saving it as what is called a RAR file and shows the size as 7kb... none of the others show the size and are in folders.. this one ins't.... could it be something i need to do to vista

Last edited by Supafli : 10-07-09 at 05:08 PM.
10-07-09, 08:13 PM   #120
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You may need WinRar to unarchive the file. It's free, if you can put up with the little nag box. http://www.rarlab.com/

The directory tree looks like this:

World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\WiseEclipse

Inside of the WiseEclipse folder should be other files and no folders. Those files are; ReadMe.txt, WiseEclipse.lua and WiseEclipse.toc. Sometimes addons will have a subfolder inside of the main folder, but not WiseEclipse.

Hope that helps you some.

Last edited by Petrah : 10-07-09 at 08:15 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Having trouble installing addons?