06-15-12, 08:07 AM   #1
Namtar
A Murloc Raider

Default unit frames reappearing after respec

Hey everyone,

first of all I hope this is the right category for my question. If not, please feel free to move/delete it.

Soo... I've been using unit frame addons for quite a while now, and since a few weeks, the default (Blizzard) unit frames appear behind the customized ones after I change my spec. I can get them to disappear again if I reload my interface, but this can be quite annoying, especially if I've just entered a dungeon, respecced, and then need to reload again...

First I thought it was an issue with the unit frame addon I use, but after I exchanged it for another one, the issue is still present. Does anyone have an idea what's going on, and how I can fix it?

Last edited by Namtar : 06-15-12 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typo
06-15-12, 10:19 AM   #2
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello Namtar!

It is important that you tell us the names of the unitframes you've had this issue with. Without that, we're stumbling in the dark. But, if I'm not mistaked, doesn't Pitbull actually include a feauture like this? Could it be something you've turned on/forgot to turn off by mistake? I might be wrong here though.
06-15-12, 11:29 AM   #3
Namtar
A Murloc Raider

Oh, sorry, you're right The issues started when I used Shadowed Unit Frames, and I've switched to Discord Unit Frames continued to look whether it still happens (it does). I'm not quite sure when exactly it began, but I started having other issues with SUF after a disconnect in a raid group (such as unit frames being invisible on login), so maybe there's a correlation. (Can you tell I'm a total programming noob? *cough*)
06-15-12, 11:35 AM   #4
Xandrietta
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I am sorry I cannot help, however I do use SUF and have never encountered this problem?

Are you using the latrest version?
06-15-12, 12:51 PM   #5
Smashbolt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Namtar View Post
I'm not quite sure when exactly it began, but I started having other issues with SUF after a disconnect in a raid group (such as unit frames being invisible on login), so maybe there's a correlation. (Can you tell I'm a total programming noob? *cough*)
Not likely related. Frames are under heavy lockdown while in combat, leaving only some operations on them possible. There are ways for addons to reset your raid frames while in combat, but I don't think SUF has support for that.

As to your actual problem, this is usually caused by running two different addons that toggle the raid frames (instead of just hiding them). I used to have this problem running SUF and Vuhdo at the same time.

Basically, look through your addon settings for any that turn off the Blizzard raid frames, disabling that option in all of them. Reload UI, then pick ONE of those addons to hide the Blizzard frames, or download a different addon specifically to do that.
06-15-12, 02:31 PM   #6
Namtar
A Murloc Raider

@Xandrietta: Yes, I do.

@Smashbolt: I also use VuhDo, so this might actually be the reason... Thanks, I'll try your suggestion!
06-15-12, 04:54 PM   #7
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DUF doesn't have it's own raid frames but it does have the option to hide the DUF party frames when in a raid.

This option can be found under the Misc button in the /DUF options window.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Default unit frames reappearing after respec