12-29-13, 12:56 PM   #1
Geawiel
A Defias Bandit
Game freezes with map open and getting attacked?

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this or not, so I'll put it here. I've noticed, that whenever I have the full map open I get an error if I get attacked. When I go to close the map, to address being attacked, the game stops responding. I then have to ctrl+alt+del, and end task. I thought it may be an odd error but, I've done some experimenting and it happens every time.

12-29-13, 03:08 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Geawiel View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this or not, so I'll put it here. I've noticed, that whenever I have the full map open I get an error if I get attacked. When I go to close the map, to address being attacked, the game stops responding. I then have to ctrl+alt+del, and end task. I thought it may be an odd error but, I've done some experimenting and it happens every time.
Is there any chance of you posting the error report?

You can get 2 addons to help with this.. Buggrabber and Bugsack.

01-10-14, 10:01 PM   #3
samnilla
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My game does this also. It locks up so bad that the only option I have available is to ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager and then end the not responding instance of WoW that way.

01-13-14, 06:00 PM   #4
jaychez
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by samnilla View Post
My game does this also. It locks up so bad that the only option I have available is to ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager and then end the not responding instance of WoW that way.
Same problem here, there is no lua errors, it just locks up and have to Ctrl+Alt+Del. It happens when the map is open and you aggro something, which happens all the time in timeless lol, and i am dead when i relog .
Hope there is a fix for it , thanks for any help .

01-13-14, 06:55 PM   #5
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sounds like an infinite loop. Is the Lua environment supposed to detect this or does it just detect stack overflow?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Game freezes with map open and getting attacked?