08-24-14, 05:51 AM   #21
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
here you go:
Code:
8/24 13:49:55.693  Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:202
8/24 13:49:55.693  An action was blocked because of taint from !Aurora_RealUI - UseQuestLogSpecialItem()
8/24 13:49:55.693      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:202
got that 4 times for clicking on the questitem button 4 times (quest in nagrand at the ancestral grounds (Lighting the Darkness)
Edit: something I noticed: it appears to only show up after picking up a quest with a button in the questtracker, after a reload of the UI the button works just fine while before the reload the taint popup shows

Last edited by Ordrosh : 08-24-14 at 06:03 AM.

08-24-14, 09:27 AM   #22
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Is that the entire taint log? Try that again, but with
/console taintLog 2

08-24-14, 12:01 PM   #23
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
will get back to you once i get across another quest with that particular feature

edit there you go, I hope it helps but I doubt it
Attached Files
File Type: txt taint.log.txt (14.6 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by Ordrosh : 08-24-14 at 12:47 PM.

08-24-14, 10:46 PM   #24
Moodib
A Murloc Raider
Code:
8/24 15:43:55.084  Global variable stringHeight tainted by !Aurora_RealUI - Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker.lua:309 SetStringText()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:71 SetBlockHeader()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:450 Update()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker.lua:1011 ObjectiveTracker_Update()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker.lua:614
8/24 15:43:55.084  Execution tainted by !Aurora_RealUI while reading stringHeight - Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker.lua:322 SetStringText()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker.lua:292 AddObjective()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:478 Update()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker.lua:1011 ObjectiveTracker_Update()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker.lua:649
8/24 15:43:55.084  Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:202
8/24 15:43:55.084  An action was blocked because of taint from !Aurora_RealUI - UseQuestLogSpecialItem()
8/24 15:43:55.084      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:202
8/24 15:43:57.340  Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:202
8/24 15:43:57.340  An action was blocked because of taint from !Aurora_RealUI - UseQuestLogSpecialItem()
8/24 15:43:57.340      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:202
That is from my file...

08-25-14, 05:04 PM   #25
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Ordrosh View Post
will get back to you once i get across another quest with that particular feature

edit there you go, I hope it helps but I doubt it
This was very helpful, thank you. Beta5 should fix this.

08-25-14, 06:29 PM   #26
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
This was very helpful, thank you. Beta5 should fix this.
What exactly caused this? I'm trying to iron out taint in my UI as well and I get the problem with the objective tracker too sometimes.

08-25-14, 11:01 PM   #27
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
I can't say for sure since I never got the error, but the log pointed out a leaked global. Seeing this, I went and grabbed the WoW Global Finder to track down others. Quite a few typos >_<

08-26-14, 12:05 AM   #28
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizzard has "stringHeight" accidentally declared as a global. Silly Blizz.

08-26-14, 12:21 PM   #29
karigi
A Murloc Raider

During the "The Thunderlord Clan Approaches" scenario in the Garrison, there are a lot of NPCs which have icons on the minimap which I think are flagged as rare, making the rare alert spam its brains out. There are three different icons that I noticed: an X, a green circle, and a red circle. When you hover over the red circle it says "invader" in the tooltip and "follower" for the green circle. The X is for the Legionnaire dude. Any time a new icon shows up on the minimap the rare alert starts losing it's marbles. The game crashes a lot during this scenario for me so I don't have much more information.

edit: I'm using v5 and no other addons aside from the WoW defaults and Monomyth.

Last edited by karigi : 08-26-14 at 12:24 PM.

08-26-14, 01:38 PM   #30
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Looks like Blizz has added more triggers for the VIGNETTE_ADDED event. Hopefully one of the return args will allow discernment between types of minimap icons.

08-26-14, 02:14 PM   #31
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Yeah blizz is using the Vignettes a lot more in Draenor. I'll probably end up making a session cache for vignettes you've seen or a throttle, maybe both.

08-29-14, 07:11 PM   #32
Evabi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Upon logging in on a level 100 feral druid, I received this bug:

Code:
4x ...ns\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Modules\SavageRoar.lua:52: Usage: UnitAura("unit", [index] or ["name", "rank"][, "filter"])
[C]: in function `UnitAura'
...ns\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Modules\SavageRoar.lua:52: in function <...ns\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Modules\SavageRoar.lua:51>
...ns\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Modules\SavageRoar.lua:68: in function <...ns\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Modules\SavageRoar.lua:59>
...ns\nibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\Modules\SavageRoar.lua:193: in function `AuraRefresh'
...enibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:280: in function `RefreshIndicatorStatus'
...enibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:456: in function `RefreshMod'
...enibRealUI\HuD\AuraTracking\AuraTracking.lua:462: in function `?'
...que\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <...que\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
...que\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function `Fire'
Bartender4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <Bartender4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil
When entering and leaving combat (feral), I am also getting the following in chat:
Code:
EclipseBar PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED
EclipseBar PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED
After Savage Roar falls off the player, it counts in negative numbers. I see a default set up in the auras panel, but it doesn't look like the other player buff auras. Setting it up manually is difficult because when clicking on buttons or radio boxes or using sliders, no change is seen until you close the auras panel and reopen it. I may have also configured my new "Savage Roar" aura incorrectly, because the white time in the upper right hand corner of the aura (that shows how long it will last if you cast it with your current combo points) did not appear.

(I moved the chat box in order to select the "copy chat" option. It goes below the bottom of the screen.)

A default Aura for level 100 Talent, "Bloodtalons" would be a great help too.

Also, it would be nice, in my opinion, to have combo points moved over to the left side next to the player health bar and show without a target. In WoD, they are tied to the player, not the target, and they degrade slowly over time (out of combat).

Sorry for the super long post, and for any additional walls of text that I post in the future. Thanks so much for maintaining this UI!

Last edited by Evabi : 08-29-14 at 07:57 PM.

08-30-14, 01:24 AM   #33
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Evabi View Post
I may have also configured my new "Savage Roar" aura incorrectly, because the white time in the upper right hand corner of the aura (that shows how long it will last if you cast it with your current combo points) did not appear.
The custom auras don't have the ability to display pre-calculated time-remaining for abilities such as these (requires calculations based on talents/set bonuses/cp/etc), which is why a specific Savage Roar module was made. Gethe is quick so you'll get a working SR aura again soon

Also, it would be nice, in my opinion, to have combo points moved over to the left side next to the player health bar and show without a target. In WoD, they are tied to the player, not the target, and they degrade slowly over time (out of combat).
Interesting. Us Rogues have only been asking about that one since Classic Hopefully they don't revert it

Celestalon "Yes, Combo Points are 'on the Rogue' now. Could revert based on feedback, but trying."

Last edited by Nibelheim : 08-30-14 at 01:51 AM.

08-30-14, 01:44 AM   #34
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
In WoD, combo points are still primarily for use against the current target, Recuperate being a secondary use. In this reguard, not much has changed other than showing available combo points on loss of target if that is possible.

On aquiring a new target in WoD, they get the available/unused points (the only real difference).

Moving Combo points to display on the player would be a mistake IMHO, moving them there on loss of target (if possible) is just an eyball dance)

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 08-30-14 at 02:12 AM.

08-30-14, 02:13 AM   #35
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
In WoD, combo points are still primarily for use against the current target, Recuperate being a secondary use. In this reguard, not much has changed other than showing available combo points on loss of target if that is possible.

On aquiring a new target in WoD, they get the available/unused points (the only real difference). Moving Combo points to display on the player would be a mistake IMHO.
Aye, good point.

It's a tough one. Generally the Player side for buffs and stacks/points for effects which affect the player (i.e Soul Shards) and the opposite for the Target side.

Some things kind of fall in the middle, such as Holy Power. Stacks on the player and can affect a range of abilities that work on both player and target. So Holy Power is displayed in the center of the HuD instead of on one side or the other.

Combo Points could become similar, but it's still going to affect abilities used, in the majority of cases, on the target. Perhaps moving it to the center would be the right move.

08-30-14, 03:23 AM   #36
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Couldn't the same be said for any secondary resource? All of them are on the player frame, and they are all very much used primarly offensively. The only difference, until now, is that combo points were attached to targets. I don't think it makes sense to keep them on the target frame any longer.

08-30-14, 03:52 AM   #37
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
WoD Target/Combo point swapping is instentaneous. I don't have to wait for a "resource" cooldown/proc/whatever.
Combo points "fade" over time out-of-combat not increase/rejuvinate. ie. they are the reverse of most secondary resources as they are reliant on having a target aquired (and in combat if you start out with none).

I can see the argument that combo points are now a class bar rather than a target bar.

Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
Couldn't the same be said for any secondary resource? All of them are on the player frame, and they are all very much used primarly offensively. The only difference, until now, is that combo points were attached to targets. I don't think it makes sense to keep them on the target frame any longer.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 08-30-14 at 04:33 AM.

08-30-14, 05:10 AM   #38
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
from what I've read here it seems to me that combopoints behave just like holypower, with the exception that paladins spent starting with 3 for full effect, so treating them similarly would be my thought (for example putting the cp display in the same area where the hp display is).

08-30-14, 10:27 AM   #39
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
WoD Target/Combo point swapping is instentaneous. I don't have to wait for a "resource" cooldown/proc/whatever.
Combo points "fade" over time out-of-combat not increase/rejuvinate. ie. they are the reverse of most secondary resources as they are reliant on having a target aquired (and in combat if you start out with none).

I can see the argument that combo points are now a class bar rather than a target bar.
In this sense they behave just like Chi for Monks, which is currently located next to the player. How it happens mechanically is irrelevant imo, what matters is how it feels and how it can be used. I've tested this out, and you can totally spent combo points even if you don't have a target.

08-30-14, 11:31 AM   #40
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Combo points have spent the last 10 years anchored to the target and they're still there on the default UI. Make of that what you will.

Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
In this sense they behave just like Chi for Monks, which is currently located next to the player. How it happens mechanically is irrelevant imo, what matters is how it feels and how it can be used. I've tested this out, and you can totally spent combo points even if you don't have a target.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » WoD Beta archived threads » RealUI beta