05-12-16, 10:18 PM   #1
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizzard_CombatText removed?

I'm kinda out of the loop, what happened to Blizzard_CombatText?

It's like Blizzard is going to remove it, but what are they going to put in place of it?
https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-sour...ffe033310L1689

I can make it show a custom message, but nothing more than that
Is it because of the related cvars that got removed or something else?
Code:
/run SHOW_COMBAT_TEXT = "1"; UIParentLoadAddOn("Blizzard_CombatText") -- load it manually

/run CombatText_AddMessage("hello world", COMBAT_TEXT_SCROLL_FUNCTION, 1, 1, 1) -- test
/run CombatText_OnEvent(CombatText, "COMBAT_TEXT_UPDATE", "DAMAGE", 123) -- fake an event

/dump CombatText:IsEventRegistered("COMBAT_TEXT_UPDATE") --> true, but nothing shows up when hit
-----

* I don't mean the Combat Text on enemies in the 3D world, although that also got revamped.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743795009

Where did that person find out about those new cvars like "floatingCombatTextCombatDamage" btw?
They are nowhere documented yet and I couldn't find it in the FrameXML either.

Last edited by Ketho : 05-12-16 at 10:24 PM.

05-12-16, 11:22 PM   #2
lieandswell
A Cyclonian

Blizzard_CombatText seems to be displaying a small set of "extra" events. The tooltip text in the options menu mentions additional information about self. When I check it, I can see healing from my leech poisons.

Most of the combat text appears to be coming from whatever's tied to the cvars floatingCombatTextCombatDamage and floatingCombatTextCombatHealing.
1/5 15:55:46.001 UNIT_DIED, 0x0000000000000000, nil, 0x80000000, 0xF130001942161FB7, "Gamon", 0xa28

05-12-16, 11:39 PM   #3
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by lieandswell View Post
Blizzard_CombatText seems to be displaying a small set of "extra" events. The tooltip text in the options menu mentions additional information about self. When I check it, I can see healing from my leech poisons.
Which "extra" events and options are you talking about?
And which tooltip text in what options menu are you referring to? Do you have a screenshot?

I can't find anything about Combat Text in the options panels.

Originally Posted by lieandswell View Post
Most of the combat text appears to be coming from whatever's tied to the cvars floatingCombatTextCombatDamage and floatingCombatTextCombatHealing.
My main question was about the Combat Text on the player. Are you saying that that's also affected by the new floatingCombatTextCombatDamage cvar? Or do you just mean the 3D world combat text?

Last edited by Ketho : 05-13-16 at 12:13 AM.

05-13-16, 01:47 AM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
I hope they fixing the performace issues that the combat text animations can cause. That could be the reason why they removed it temporary.

05-13-16, 02:33 PM   #5
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I finally found the option lieandswell mentioned, I'm going to need better glasses, sorry <.<

It seems with that option enabled (disabled by default), the Blizzard_CombatText addon is working fine.
https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-sour...9e0d062b13cf1a
Code:
	["SHOW_COMBAT_TEXT"] = { default = "1", cvar = "enableFloatingCombatText", event = "SHOW_COMBAT_TEXT_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_LOW_HEALTH_MANA"] = { default = "1", cvar = "floatingCombatTextLowManaHealth", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_LOW_HEALTH_MANA_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_AURAS"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextAuras", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_AURAS_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_AURA_FADE"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextAuras", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_AURAS_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_COMBAT_STATE"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextCombatState", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_COMBAT_STATE_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_DODGE_PARRY_MISS"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextDodgeParryMiss", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_DODGE_PARRY_MISS_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_RESISTANCES"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextDamageReduction", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_RESISTANCES_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_REPUTATION"] = { default = "1", cvar = "floatingCombatTextRepChanges", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_REPUTATION_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_REACTIVES"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextReactives", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_REACTIVES_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_FRIENDLY_NAMES"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextFriendlyHealers", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_FRIENDLY_NAMES_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_COMBO_POINTS"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextComboPoints", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_COMBO_POINTS_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_ENERGIZE"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextEnergyGains", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_ENERGIZE_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_PERIODIC_ENERGIZE"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextPeriodicEnergyGains", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_PERIODIC_ENERGIZE_TEXT" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_FLOAT_MODE"] = { default = "1", cvar = "floatingCombatTextFloatMode", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_FLOAT_MODE" },
	["COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_HONOR_GAINED"] = { default = "0", cvar = "floatingCombatTextHonorGains", event = "COMBAT_TEXT_SHOW_HONOR_GAINED_TEXT" },
So the Blizzard Floating Combat Text option is disabled by default, hard to find, cvars got renamed, and I mistakenly assumed Blizzard was going to remove it. Oops.

(Was this already documented somewhere?.. I've been lying under a rock)

Last edited by Ketho : 06-16-16 at 01:36 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » Legion Beta archived threads » Blizzard_CombatText removed?