03-15-21, 08:05 AM   #1
Kindosar
A Murloc Raider
Hide player raid frame in group - CompactRaidFrame1 -

So I'm having an issue in dealing with hiding my player frame when using raid frames for party frames in the default ui. I can get it to hide, but anytime there is a change to the groups composition or someone goes offline, the frame becomes visible again. This can be immediately fixed by using the script again, however, it is a temporary fix. I'm wanting to put it in my personal addon which is just a bunch of scripts that are used. Below is an example of how the addon is written, minus all the scripts that are just standard as shown.

The frame that I'm trying to hide is CompactRaidFrame1. I'm currently able to temporarily hide this by typing '/script CompactRaidFrame1:Hide()'. After some layman type research, I've come up with an idea, but I couldn't get it to work, nor do I know if it is correct as I couldn't find a similar example.

I'm assuming I have to call "PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED" through the RegisterEvent, but I couldn't get it to work, I'm assuming that it would be something like, (again layman) - if "PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED", then run the script. This way it doesn't have to be used over and over.

How should I go about this issue? I've already confirmed that the actual raid frames while in a raid have a different frame name, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance and for your sage advice!

local Frame = CreateFrame("Frame")
Frame:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")

Frame:SetScript("OnEvent", function(...)

SetCVar("UIScale",.85)
BuffFrame:SetScale(1.6)

end)
03-15-21, 04:12 PM   #2
Taudier
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hello, you can CompactRaidFrame1:SetParent(hidden frame)
and when you want the frame back, the original parent is CompactRaidFrameContainer
03-15-21, 10:29 PM   #3
Kindosar
A Murloc Raider
I tried what you said, but it didn't work. I did some digging and was getting mixed results setting the parent frame to different frames.

I eventually found something that worked, not sure if its the most efficient way of doing it, but it works 100% now so I'm pretty pleased with it:

CompactRaidFrameContainer:HookScript("OnShow",function(self)
CompactRaidFrame1:ClearAllPoints()
CompactRaidFrame1:SetPoint("CENTER",6000,0) CompactRaidFrame1.SetPoint = function() end
CompactRaidFrame1:Hide()
end)
A bit overkill with the method that I used, but they were just different things I tried through everything. As long as it works and its not causing errors, I'm fine with terrible code since its just for me and its a simple frame addon.

Thanks for the help!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Hide player raid frame in group - CompactRaidFrame1 -