09-16-15, 10:04 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Wishful thinking - possible feature?

Wishful thinking about a possible feature.

I added this thread in DEV subforum since there is no subforum for Carbonite-Gathering. If it's the wrong location then maybe it can be relocated.

When I'm using the node gathering features (with "Routes), I often want to look for and see only certain types or nodes (on my map)-- not ALL the nodes available on the long list of nodes (GatherMate2-Carbonite Edition). Hopefully, the sample image I attached will explain what might be a handy addition to the Gathering sections. I'm sure it's something which is not necessary; it's just a suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite-Guide Options.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	8643  
09-17-15, 07:40 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Take a look at THIS . Maybe an old thread can still be of some use. I don't know if this works anymore, but it would sure be nice if it did. I know it worked a couple of months ago yet, so maybe it still does.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-17-15, 08:21 AM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thanks Jeffy162. I'd be happy to read whatever you were attempting to point me to but, there are 92 posts across 5 pages (where your link took me). I started reading at post #1 and then read more after that. I didn't have time to read all 92 posts. lol. Can you provide a link to the specific post number (#) that you were wanting me to take a look at, please?
09-17-15, 09:16 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Thanks Jeffy162. I'd be happy to read whatever you were attempting to point me to but, there are 92 posts across 5 pages (where your link took me). I started reading at post #1 and then read more after that. I didn't have time to read all 92 posts. lol. Can you provide a link to the specific post number (#) that you were wanting me to take a look at, please?
It doesn't really matter, as I couldn't get it to work. Maybe I wasn't doing something right, I don't know, but I just couldn't get it to work. The relative information is in post #1 :
Code:
How can I route only one or a few nodes? I only want some herbs or minerals.
That's fairly easy as well. You begin by deselecting both mining and herbalism locations in the Show... menu we talked about earlier. Then you click the Guide button on your Carbonite map, go to Gather, select if you want herbs or minerals, and then pick the one you're looking for. OBSERVE, you need to click on the icon, clicking the text won't work. If you look on your map, icons for that herb or mineral alone will pop up. You can hold the SHIFT button and click more icons if you want to include them.
((--Image yet to come--))

After that, you right click the map, select Route... and Current Gather Locations. Viola.
This is the relative information. It's about 3/4's of the way through post #1.

EDIT : Got it to work!! I missed (darned skimming instead of reading) the part that said about right clicking the minimized map and picking "Route", "Current Gather Locations." BUT, I don't know if that'll work with the "Routes" addon. It does work with Carbonite and the GatherMate2_Data-Carbonite module, though. /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-17-15 at 09:39 AM.
09-17-15, 11:23 AM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Hi Jeffy162,

I am copying a portion of what the OP said:
"You begin by deselecting both mining and herbalism locations in the Show... menu..."

In order to do that, users now have to deselect each and every node in that very long list - manually, one-at-a-time, as I mentioned in my original post. And, that's why I offered the suggestion in my OP; it was to add new buttons in that Carbonite-Gathering dialog to allow users to deselect ALL the nodes at once, easily and to repopulate ALL the check marks just as easily by using the other button.

The Routing option steps come after that. And yes, Routing while using only the GatherMate2_Data-Carbonite module works for me, too.

I hope this makes more sense. lol

Thanks for your reply!

Last edited by Kreelor : 09-17-15 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo
09-17-15, 11:46 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, all I know is it works for me and I don't have to do anything in Carbonite's options interface. It all works off the map (in my case, anyway). But I am using an older version of the github download because I have problems with the latest github version.

09-17-15, 06:53 PM   #7
Kreelor
A Firelord

Jeffy162, I guess you are talking only about routing. I'm not and never have been.

However, I did find out something that I didn't know before. The char I was using has only the Mining profession so I did not look at the Herbalism tab. That tab does have the buttons! The Mining tab does not have those buttons and, based upon that, that's why I wrote my original post. Oh, well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guide and gather tabs.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	332.5 KB
ID:	8646  

Last edited by Kreelor : 09-17-15 at 07:00 PM. Reason: fixed problem in image

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Dev Talk » Wishful thinking - possible feature?