04-20-18, 05:15 PM   #1
strrdust
A Defias Bandit
Trying out different addon combinations

Hi folks!

So, this seems like a silly question to ask, but...

Let's say I have a pretty okay addon set up right now, but I am interested in trying an import of someone else's with entirely different addons. Is it the WTD file of mine that I copy? And, should I leave the addons and just disable them or completely uninstall them?

Thanks for taking the time
04-20-18, 05:32 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All you need to save is the World of Warcraft/WTF and World of Warcraft/Interface folders. Copy those and put them somewhere safe, then drop the WTF folder you want to try in the original's place and install any extra addons this other player uses.

Once you're done trying this new layout, you can delete the Interface and WTF folders in the install then copy/paste the ones you saved back in to go back to your old layout. Do not delete the folders you saved elsewhere. It's also a good idea to regularly save the WTF folder just in case something happens. Sometimes addon settings get wiped on addon/game updates.

Just in case you don't know, the Interface folder contains all the addon code and the WTF folder is all of your settings, both for the game and what addons save.

Last edited by Kanegasi : 04-20-18 at 05:35 PM.
04-20-18, 05:33 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I assume you mean the WTF folder?

One way you can go about it is rename or move (to back up) both your AddOns and WTF folders. This will start you over from scratch with whichever UI compilation you wish to try. If you don't like it and want to go back, just restore the AddOns and WTF folders.

/edit: yes, I meant the Interface folder. XD
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-21-18, 12:35 AM   #4
strrdust
A Defias Bandit
Thank you so much!!! I am sure I'll post again if I'm having issues. I'm a little dim when it comes to this... but I wanna learn!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Trying out different addon combinations