06-11-09, 02:06 PM   #1
Naboru
A Defias Bandit
Instance Maps?

Blizzard recently came out with new maps for instances, and I thought they were just full of awesome, but is there any way for the Carbonite map to show these or even show a more detailed map when zoomed in? If not, I think this would a great update for it.

06-22-09, 06:42 PM   #2
Naboru
A Defias Bandit
Ahem......

07-11-09, 06:18 PM   #3
Surkis
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, honestly i'm disappointed that this feature isn't included.

07-12-09, 03:46 AM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Download Atlas. You don't even need to have it enabled for Carbonite to be able to display the instance maps.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-14-09, 08:17 PM   #5
Twidget
An Aku'mai Servant

I download Atlas but I still don't see the instance maps.

Is there something in Carbonite I have to configure for them to show up?

Do you have to have your minimap merged with Carbonite?

When I hit the M key and the Carbonite map maximizes should I see the instance map merged with the Carb map, like in a city?

Thanks,
Twidget

07-23-09, 02:09 PM   #6
Masoa
A Murloc Raider

Zoom into your arrow while your in the instance and you will see it. Zoom in and out to taste.

07-23-09, 03:12 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The instance maps are small, because I still want people to be able to zoom out and see the surrounding zone. If you middle click the mouse, while in the instance it will zoom in close. Right click an instance icon on the map for the menu to toggle the map for that instance. Only one map can be enabled at a time. Entering or leaving an instance will auto toggle the map.

The next Carb version will show the Blizzard instance maps similar to how the Atlas ones are shown, except you can see your position in the instance. Atlas will still be needed for the non WotLK instances, since Blizzard does not have maps for them.

07-28-09, 10:20 AM   #8
Popo51
A Kobold Labourer
to see the maps with Atlas you will need these addons these work better when they are both together

Atlas - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/atlas.aspx

Atlas Loot - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...-enhanced.aspx

Click on the little blue world icon that is usally around your mini map or radar whatever you wanna call it

07-28-09, 11:47 AM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Popo51 View Post
to see the maps with Atlas you will need these addons these work better when they are both together

Atlas - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/atlas.aspx

Atlas Loot - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...-enhanced.aspx

Click on the little blue world icon that is usally around your mini map or radar whatever you wanna call it
Not exactly... to view the maps in the Atlas viewer, you need the addon Atlas installed and activated, AtlasLoot does not affect your ability to view the maps in any way.

In order to view the maps in Carbonite, you need Atlas installed, but it does NOT need to be activated.

Installed = in your ../Interface/AddOns/ folder.
Activated = Checked when clicking the "Addons" button in the lower left corner while selecting character.

07-28-09, 02:42 PM   #10
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Yeah .. unless you plan on using atlas there is no need to activate it from the addons window at the character select screen.

Carbonite just "borrows" the images from Atlas but it looks in the same folder that Atlas uses and needs the see them there.

07-29-09, 11:29 PM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The base Atlas addon does need to be enabled, since we check that it is loaded before we try to load any of those maps, but since it has a simple interface, it uses little memory.

08-05-09, 07:41 AM   #12
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Download Atlas. You don't even need to have it enabled for Carbonite to be able to display the instance maps.
How much of Atlas do I need to have installed? is it enough to just have 'Atlas_DungeonLocs' ?

08-05-09, 02:02 PM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Atlas_DungeonLocs does nothing for Carbonite. You only need the Atlas folder from their zip file that is just called Atlas in your Addons folder.

08-06-09, 09:36 PM   #14
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Atlas_DungeonLocs does nothing for Carbonite. You only need the Atlas folder from their zip file that is just called Atlas in your Addons folder.
OK, installed Atlas. It's disabled, but the folder is there. I went into VOA and the map comes up as a wash of parchment colored solid colo (that light yellow). No map at all.

I'll double check with 3.21

08-07-09, 04:02 PM   #15
DiggerWC
A Kobold Labourer
The base Atlas addon does need to be enabled, since we check that it is loaded before we try to load any of those maps, but since it has a simple interface, it uses little memory.

if you have it disabled, like you say you do, then it probably isn't going to work. No matter what version of Carbonite you're using.

08-07-09, 08:03 PM   #16
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Carbonite retrieves the maps from the Atlas folder, if it exists. It doesn't matter if Atlas is running or not.

Ezarra, have you tried zooming in on your current location on the Carbonite map while in an instance?

08-14-09, 09:19 PM   #17
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
It doesn't matter if Atlas is running or not.
Actually Carbonite checks if Atlas is loaded before it tries to load and draw the maps, so the basic plain old Atlas addon needs to be checked in the addons list.

09-24-09, 01:40 PM   #18
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm a little curious if I've perhaps got a setting wrong...

I finally was able to view instance maps via Carbonite.. however when I'm in an instance this is what happens:

1) Zone in.. Docked Minimap shows proper instance map.. the 'undocked' portion is just a blank parchment.

2) When I open up the larger version of the Carbonite map (the one where the minimap doesn't dock to, not sure what you call it, 'mode 2?') , I see the entire continent...

3) I Can zoom down to the zone, then the instance, and finally see the full minimap from Atlas, along with the notations etc...

What I'm wondering is.. perhaps there's a setting so that when I open up the map, it 'auto-zooms' directly to the instance that I'm in? Rather than having to search the world map and zoom manually? I tried just about every setting I could see, but I've learned that there are many settings in odd places.

If such a setting exists, please indicate the menu and option name, rather than the keybinding/mouseclick since I've remapped almost my entire game, nothing is set to standard anymore. If it's something that is ONLY keybound/mousebound via the LUA, just point me in the right direction and I'm sure I can find it.

Thanks in advance all.

09-26-09, 06:38 AM   #19
Cowmonster
A Cyclonian
Actually Carbonite checks if Atlas is loaded before it tries to load and draw the maps, so the basic plain old Atlas addon needs to be checked in the addons list.
Don't you just love how you've had to say that twice in one thread?

Author of:
Equipped Average Item Level :: ExtraBar :: Killing Blow Emote :: RecordTip

09-29-09, 03:26 PM   #20
michael_lightbringer
A Murloc Raider
I'm having some map issues of my own. First, I'm not seeing the dungeon instances with Atlas active or disabled.

Second, when I use the quest tracker and close in on my destination the map gets covered with a solid block of color and no longer works right.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Instance Maps?