09-29-16, 06:55 AM   #1
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Possibility of uploading a Pokemon Uranium music pack

Someone recently suggested that I should include the music from Pokemon Uranium (a fan-made Pokemon game) with Pet Battle Music. If I get permission from ElectricMudkip (the music's composer), I'm planning to upload this as a separate "music pack" AddOn to Curse/WoWI.

Pokemon Uranium itself was subject to multiple DMCA takedown notices from Nintendo, but the music is still publicly available on YouTube and MediaFire.

Would WoWI allow this music pack to be uploaded?
09-29-16, 12:05 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Nintendo is known for rather draconian copyright tactics even if they don't have the proper ownership of a derivative work. Though the notice was on the game as a whole, which could be a more infringing case even if a it's fan-made game. I would take the chance on just the music if you and the owner think it's different enough from any official version.
09-29-16, 12:06 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
We would be ok with it as long as the artist is ok with it. Since you said the music is original and not made by Nintendo.

Last edited by Dolby : 09-29-16 at 12:08 PM.
09-29-16, 12:57 PM   #4
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
We would be ok with it as long as the artist is ok with it. Since you said the music is original and not made by Nintendo.
Thanks. The music does appear to be original, so it should be fine.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Possibility of uploading a Pokemon Uranium music pack