12-27-11, 01:18 PM   #1
phillydave2012
A Murloc Raider
loot info

GetLootRollItemInfo(RollID) returns a string description from what I have seen.

I can also get a description of the item I am interested in using:

LOOT_ROLL_NEED_SELF = "You have selected Need for: %s";

A few weeks back my DK won two identical tokens on the same boss. I gave one away.

I am interested in writing a program that tracks what I rolled need on, who won, what they rolled, and what I rolled since in LFR there is often pages of information to scroll through and you can easily lose your place.

In the case of my DK I would not have a unique ID for each token but information about all the people rolling on both tokens and while I may think of way to resolve that without a unique ID for each loot item, if there is a way to associate the rolls using a unique ID I would prefer that to creating an algorithm to do it for me.

Example: DaveDK rolls need on first token and I record they are rolling need on the TokenOfUberness. CarolDK rolls need on second token and I record they are rolling need on a TokenOfUberness. My problem is I have recorded they are both rolling on a token, but it is not the same one.

Any ideas?
12-27-11, 02:03 PM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The RollId is the only difference. So you can track it for each token separated.
12-27-11, 03:01 PM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If several of the same item drops, you can track what you needed and greeded with the rollId (each popup has it's own Id) BUT the chat does not use that rollId and only outputs the results from the server side, so if you need on roll 1 and need on roll 2 (same items), the chat will first say you won the other and lost the second one, but the addon wouldn't be able to tell if it was roll 1 you won or lost, or roll 2 that you won or lost... If that makes any sense.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » loot info