02-15-16, 06:51 AM   #1
cb0111
A Murloc Raider
ACE Options Table Errors

Hi, attempting to revive an old favorite addon of mine. The addon itself works and I've made a few tweaks already, as well as removing a few useless things.

I am looking for some clue as to where the issue may be as I am not really familiar with how to properly integrate ACE.

Any time I attempt to use any of the ACE integrations like slash commands and opening the options panel, it throws the following:

Code:
10x ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-60.lua:1803: AceConfigRegistry-3.0-15:ValidateOptionsTable(): DPSTime.description: unknown parameter
[C]:: ?
...-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0-15.lua:50: in function <...-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0.lua:45>
...-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0-15.lua:215: in function <...-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0.lua:196>
...-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0-15.lua:259: in function 'ValidateOptionsTable'
...-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0\AceConfigRegistry-3.0-15.lua:301: in function 'app'
...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-60.lua:1803: in function 'Open'
...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0-60.lua:1896: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1894>
(tail call): ?
[C]:: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
(tail call): ?
Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0-34.lua:314: in function 'Fire'
...GUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-BlizOptionsGroup.lua:20: in function <...GUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-BlizOptionsGroup.lua:19>
[C]:: in function 'Show'
FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:28: in function 'InterfaceOptionsList_DisplayPanel'
FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:46: in function 'InterfaceOptionsListButton_OnClick'
[string "*:OnClick"]:2: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>
Here is the project link if you are interested: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/dpstime/
02-15-16, 11:31 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are your Ace 3 libraries up to date? I ask because there have been improvements in Ace since 2012. There have also (obviously, I know) been many subtle changes to the API's over the last 4 years, so there's that also. You may have to re-write sections of the addon to go with the updates to the game API's.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-15-16 at 11:33 AM.
02-15-16, 08:48 PM   #3
cb0111
A Murloc Raider
I did try just swapping the library out for the newest versions. I also confirmed the addon settings work by changing them manually. I will have to hit the books on ACE options I suppose. Would you suggest a from scratch approach? That's what I am leaning towards.
02-16-16, 07:41 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I am not the best source on this, I freely admit. Where it says "Addon Author" under my avatar is a misnomer, I'm afraid. I wrote a few plug-ins for Button Facade, turned Masque, and Minimap Button Frame, but they apparently don't have a category for plug-in authors. So, I'm an "Addon Author". Which I guess is technically correct. Although, in my case, doing the Lua files was mostly "copy-n-paste", unfortunately.

So, I'd have to say that a "from scratch" approach would probably be for the best. What with the API changes in the last 3 1/2 years, and what not.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
02-19-16, 10:29 PM   #5
kokomala
A Fallenroot Satyr
The addon itself works and I've made a few tweaks already, as well as removing a few useless things.
This is your issue.

Running the addon by default with an updated ace library works fine, including the options menu. Without seeing what you've changed/removed there's no way to see what has broken. The error you're receiving is basically saying that your options table is not in the correct format, however it's possible that something else is trying to reference a table option you've removed. You could try the link below as it goes through the correct format.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/pa...ptions-tables/
02-20-16, 05:29 AM   #6
cb0111
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by kokomala View Post
This is your issue.

Running the addon by default with an updated ace library works fine, including the options menu. Without seeing what you've changed/removed there's no way to see what has broken. The error you're receiving is basically saying that your options table is not in the correct format, however it's possible that something else is trying to reference a table option you've removed. You could try the link below as it goes through the correct format.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/pa...ptions-tables/
Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted. Will post the results soon!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » ACE Options Table Errors