12-20-10, 08:16 PM   #81
AmiYuy
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Not sure what your talking about here. The old links he was talking about were on the community.php page, now they are moved to the navbar. Now you can access them from anywhere with 1 click (drop down doesnt require clicking unless your on an ipad/iphone) instead of always having to go back the community page to be alerted of updated favorites.
Yes, they have been moved, but I misread what he meant as what others earlier were talking about with the updates numbers (PM/Addons/Comments) being combined (so I was meaning splitting out the numbers into 3 instead of combined).

Re-reading I understand it better now. I think the point was that those options that used to be on the Community pages are ONLY usable by the dropdown now, but there's no real reason why they can't also be on the Community page as well to retain the same old functionality too as multiple ways to get somewhere is never a bad thing.
12-21-10, 09:25 AM   #82
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
A suggestion: If you want to save space and have room to put things into the navigation bar that people suggest, take the "Community" button away. People can click on the site's logo in the top left corner, above the navigation bar if they want that. Since it isn't a drop-down menu, the Community button is taking up space that could be used for other things, such as having a "Favourites" button, which I'm gathering from here, and from my own preferences, would be more appreciated than the drop-down for it.

Last edited by Kleo : 12-21-10 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Issue I just brought up was fixed.
12-21-10, 03:02 PM   #83
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I’m seeing some alignment issues on the login page that weren’t there yesterday. I’m running Opera 11.00 build 1167 on Windows XP SP3, in a maximized window at 1280×1024 resolution. A screenshot is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	login.png
Views:	487
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	5509  
12-21-10, 04:17 PM   #84
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Akkorian View Post
I’m seeing some alignment issues on the login page that weren’t there yesterday. I’m running Opera 11.00 build 1167 on Windows XP SP3, in a maximized window at 1280×1024 resolution. A screenshot is attached.
Ahh nice, thats because its center aligned and Opera is adding "Show Password" to my form on its own. Thats not very nice of opera and that feature is a bad idea.
12-21-10, 04:26 PM   #85
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Akkorian View Post
My Opera 11 doesn't do that. I'm using build 1156 -- I'm not sure where you got 1167. I searched around for it and can't find it.

Ahh nice, thats because its center aligned and Opera is adding "Show Password" to my form on its own. Thats not very nice of opera and that feature is a bad idea.
12-22-10, 02:47 AM   #86
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

*sigh* Okay, I feel like an idiot now. I’d installed an extension to add a “show password” toggle yesterday, but apparently hadn’t actually looked at any pages with password fields since then. Without the extension, the login page looks just fine. Sorry for the false alarm!
12-22-10, 12:10 PM   #87
Crevox
A Defias Bandit

Search bar is back, we're back in business
12-22-10, 12:10 PM   #88
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
Screenshot sideshow click-through seems to not be working again.

And a point I don't think was brought up with the awfulness of having to click on the "My Favourite" to get to the favourites list to remove something from the list... You then remove it, and then have to search for it again if you want to go back to the page. Sometimes you Favourite something by accident, it doesn't mean you don't want to be on that page. I don't know if it's getting across how horribly inconvenient it is to not only have an obvious colour indicator for whether something is a favourite, but also to not be able to toggle it on and off from the add-on page itself. To me, this and having to go to a drop-down to get to my favourites page are the worst changes in an otherwise nice-looking site.
12-22-10, 12:53 PM   #89
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/me keeps reading these favorite button comments and is confused...

I always went to the favorites list to remove them. I thought the button always brought you there when the mod was your favorite.

I understand wanting it to act the other way, but... I remember it having this behavior before. Am I on drugs or something?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-22-10, 01:18 PM   #90
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Yep Seerah thats the way it's always worked. Not every one presses My Favorite to remove the favorite so changing it to that function would be a bad idea in my opinion. Sorry.

Last edited by Dolby : 12-22-10 at 01:20 PM.
12-22-10, 11:25 PM   #91
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

"Unkown" .. typo?
>> http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ifficulty.html
12-23-10, 12:38 AM   #92
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Nope, not a typo. It's just an older addon, that was uploaded before the DB started keeping track.

/edit: oh - now I see it ><
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-23-10, 12:44 AM   #93
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
Whats wrong with unkown? hehe thanks.
12-23-10, 09:09 AM   #94
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I always went to the favorites list to remove them. I thought the button always brought you there when the mod was your favorite.
My apologies then. Perhaps I haven't removed a favourite that way on this site. I know for sure that Curse has that functionality, of toggling a favourite or removing it from the add-on page, and apparently falsely remembered this site as having that wonderful feature.

Don't get me wrong, I always come to wowinterface.com first, and prefer it, except now for how it's easier to access favourites on that site.

Last edited by Kleo : 12-23-10 at 09:12 AM.
12-23-10, 10:13 AM   #95
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Has a touch-friendly (mobile) style version been considered? Even maybe just a stylesheet switcher would be cool. The new navigation kinda leaves the cursorless out in the cold. Although my potty breaks at work are much shorter now so maybe that's good thing?
12-24-10, 02:58 AM   #96
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
Has a touch-friendly (mobile) style version been considered? Even maybe just a stylesheet switcher would be cool. The new navigation kinda leaves the cursorless out in the cold. Although my potty breaks at work are much shorter now so maybe that's good thing?

Site works great as is on my iPhone and iPad...
12-24-10, 02:47 PM   #97
thomasjohnshannon
A Theradrim Guardian

Looks great to me. Just took what you had and made it even better.
12-26-10, 11:11 AM   #98
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Site works great as is on my iPhone and iPad...
Yep, I didn't realize the longpress acted like a mouseover...my bad.
01-06-11, 07:49 AM   #99
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
Who did the icons?
Any comment from the admin on this? I'd love to know if a member author had a hand in it, and if it would be ok to use the overlay (http://s.wowinterface.com/images/sty...con_border.png) as the basis for a button skin.
01-06-11, 01:33 PM   #100
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I create all the graphics, the button overlay I made. The icon images, some are from the game others are ones I made. If you want to use it in an AddOn or something thats fine with me. Nice Avatar.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!