01-19-15, 06:18 PM   #1
woolver
A Murloc Raider
combining minimaps

I'm having a problem when I combine the two mini maps( wow & carb) the map stays about 2 inches from the side of the screen. I seem to remember that at one time you could reset the ui, and it would relocate it to the side, now I've tried everything that I could think of , but nothing works.

It is probably something simple, if I could get some advice it would be appreciated...
01-20-15, 09:28 AM   #2
wvrandall
A Defias Bandit
I'm having the same problem, I thought there was a reset capability in Carbonite at one time, but can't seem to find it now.
01-20-15, 09:57 AM   #3
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by wvrandall View Post
I'm having the same problem, I thought there was a reset capability in Carbonite at one time, but can't seem to find it now.
To reset all the Carbonite settings you have to delete the Carbonite*.lua files in:
<WoW_FOLDER>\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT_NUMBER_OR_NAME>\SavedVariables\.

P.S. I'd recommend just moving them to another folder in case you decide you want them back.

BTW Before doing that you might want to check the values of:
Interface > AddOns > Carbonite > Maps > MiniMap Options > Minimap Dock X-Offset
Interface > AddOns > Carbonite > Maps > MiniMap Options > Minimap Dock Y-Offset

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 01-20-15 at 10:28 AM.
01-20-15, 02:34 PM   #4
woolver
A Murloc Raider
I checked the minmap x & y offset and they are both at 0. If I place the map at the right edge then the map buttons are about 2 inches from the side in the middle of the map. In the button options, it is checked to have them docks right.
01-20-15, 04:46 PM   #5
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by woolver View Post
I checked the minmap x & y offset and they are both at 0. If I place the map at the right edge then the map buttons are about 2 inches from the side in the middle of the map. In the button options, it is checked to have them docks right.
Can you upload a screenshot? I have the feeling I'm misunderstanding something.
01-21-15, 08:04 AM   #6
woolver
A Murloc Raider
Attached is a screenshot of what I am trying to explain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012115_075422.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	598.3 KB
ID:	8450  
01-21-15, 10:21 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@woolver: Move the Minimap Button Window. To do that, take a look at the "Minimap Button Options" tab of the "Map" options. Make sure that the "Lock Minimap Button Window" option is NOT checked. That will allow you to move the Minimap Button Window. Hover over the Carbonite "C" mminimap button and a box should form around it. This means you can move it. Press, and hold, the left mouse button on the Carbonite minimap button and you will move the whole Minimap Button Window. Move the window wherever you want it and let go of the left mouse button. Then go back to the "Minimap Button Options" tab and lock the Minimap Button Window. Then you can move your map wherever you want it to be. Don't forget to lock the map when you are done.

Kind of long winded, but I hope I helped you.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
01-21-15, 02:13 PM   #8
woolver
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the quick reply Jeffy. I followed your instructions, checked that the button option was not locked, then I hovered over the C, and nothing happened. I could not move the buttons.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
01-21-15, 08:34 PM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Apparently I was wrong. Sorry.

Don't hover over the "C" button directly. Hover over the box that surrounds the button. That should let you move the Minimap Button Window. I just checked it out, and in my installation of Carbonite it works. If you lock the Minimap Button Window, the graphic for the box changes. Like the rest of Carbonites windows it has a different colored line around it when it's unlocked. If it doesn't have a different colored line around it, it's locked.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » combining minimaps