10-16-09, 12:25 PM   #1
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Item Retrieval

Ever since 3.22, whenever I try to retrieve items from the server I instantly get disconnected. I never had this issue previously, and it's not a time out issue since it happens in less than 1-2 seconds.

Is there anything I can do to allow item retrieval without being thrown out of game?

10-17-09, 12:11 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I doubt it's a carbonite problem, as I have 3.22 and haven't seen it.

10-17-09, 11:42 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Depends on the state of a server. Blizzard does a goofy thing with item data. When you see an item in the game it downloads it from the server and puts it in a cache file. If an addon tries to get item info, it comes from the cache or will trigger a download. The weird part is the download can cause a disconnect if the item has never been seen on the server since a server reboot/reset/update. That is a guess based on observation and what I have read. The problem tends to happen after patches, but on a low population server it could be worse, since there are fewer people to "see" the item.

Nothing can be done about it addon wise except not fetch item info. If it keeps happening, then delete the Visited Vendor items and log each of your characters and open their banks so they fetch all items that would show in the Warehouse.

Be nice if Blizzard would just tell the addon "no data" instead of a disconnect.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Item Retrieval