07-14-08, 09:10 PM   #21
Fragglerock
An Aku'mai Servant
Is there a way to write a macro to cast a specified set of shaman totems?

Thanks for an awesome mod Cladhaire
07-14-08, 09:16 PM   #22
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Maynarddt View Post
Hello I play a Paladin and I've begun using the Grid/Clique combo for healing. Now when I try to use Clique macros for Librams to get a little more passive +healing, the macro I use along with FoL, HL, etc. is cast upon myself instead of the raid frame that I click. Currently my macro is as follows.

/equip Blessed Book of Nagrand
/cast [target=mouseover]
/cast Flash of Light(Rank 6)
Why are you doing /cast [target=mouseover]? That does absolutely nothing. What you want is the following:

Code:
/equip Blessed Book of Nagrand
/cast [target=mouseover] Flash of Light(Rank 6)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-26-10, 05:57 PM   #23
Mishii
A Murloc Raider
I currently have Renew keybound to the "R" key, and have been using a leftclick on Healbot to renew, and using Grid to click and target party members when I need to. I'd like to keep the left click as Target for Grid/Clique, and be able to cast Renew on mouseover of the Grid frames, and if not mousing-over or targeting, to cast Renew on myself. Is that possible?

Thanks!
03-26-10, 06:06 PM   #24
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Use a custom macro like this:
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][@player] Renew
Then use a modifier like ctrl or whatever you like.
03-26-10, 06:07 PM   #25
Mishii
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Use a custom macro like this:
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][@player] Renew
Then use a modifier like ctrl or whatever you like.
Could I keep my "R" keybinding and use it with Clique?
04-11-10, 11:10 PM   #26
xnn
A Defias Bandit
No trinkets/berserking/tidal force

I am enjoying clique immensely, however, I have run into a problem with the custom macros. When I click on my target to heal, it will not use my trinket, berserking, or tidal force even though I have them macro'd in. Here is my macro:

#showtooltip Lesser Healing Wave
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use Energy Siphon
/cast Berserking
/cast [target=mouseover,help] [target=player] Lesser Healing Wave
/cast Tidal Force
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
04-17-10, 01:37 PM   #27
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'm not familiar with half of these spells, but if your macro works outside Clique, it should work inside Clique with only the [target=mouseover] change.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-10-11, 12:43 PM   #28
Carnby
A Kobold Labourer
Hey, I use a focus macro to Misdirect to my MT/OT in raids. Here's what the macro is.

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [nomodifier, target=focus, nodead, exists] Misdirection
/cast Misdirection

My question is.... How would one change his / her focus on the fly so a misdirect could be changed quickly? I am currently using Alt + Left button to change focus, but it's not cooperating.
01-10-11, 05:39 PM   #29
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You could add [@mouseover] to the last cast line, which will then cast misdirection on whichever unit you click on. Is that what you mean?
08-04-11, 07:25 AM   #30
Mysteeq
A Defias Bandit
I need a macro in Clique

I need a macro set in Clique which activates my "Use" trinket when I right click, then on second cast will activate the spell I have assigned, can this be done? Help urgently required please.

I do not want to use mouseovers.
08-04-11, 08:53 AM   #31
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You can't do a castsequence in Clique, but I don't see why you need to. Make the following macro in Clique:

/use Whatever Item You Want to Use
/cast [target=mouseover] The Spell You Want to Cast

Should do exactly what you want, as far as I can tell..
08-04-11, 10:55 AM   #32
Mysteeq
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
You can't do a castsequence in Clique, but I don't see why you need to. Make the following macro in Clique:

/use Whatever Item You Want to Use
/cast [target=mouseover] The Spell You Want to Cast

Should do exactly what you want, as far as I can tell..
this makes absolutely no sense at all, if you hover over the person ... how is anything to KNOW what you want it to do unless you click ...

All I want to do is
/use 13 (or Item Name)
/cast Healing Touch

Simple, but when I tried to set it up, it just makes me heal myself, instead of the rest of the group on grid, and having to waste time to manually target people ... not going to work.

Last edited by Mysteeq : 08-04-11 at 11:15 AM.
08-04-11, 11:13 AM   #33
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mysteeq View Post
this makes absolutely no sense at all, if you hover over the person ... how is anything to KNOW what you want it to do unless you click ...
I really don't understand what you're talking about. Please tell me what you want to do, and I will tell you how to do it. Don't tell me how you want it implemented, tell me what you want to accomplish.

What I gave you above will allow you to use an item and cast a spell using a single action, whether that is a key binding or a click binding.
08-04-11, 11:43 AM   #34
Mysteeq
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
I really don't understand what you're talking about. Please tell me what you want to do, and I will tell you how to do it. Don't tell me how you want it implemented, tell me what you want to accomplish.

What I gave you above will allow you to use an item and cast a spell using a single action, whether that is a key binding or a click binding.

I have Healing Touch bound to my right mouse click - right click on grid on person needing heal and that heals them. But I want to also incorporate the trinket into that spell so that each time it is off cooldown, it will activate the trinket and then the spell.
I put the instructions you gave into the macro in Clique, and it did not do anything. I would have to manually select the person to get it to cast the spell on them. I am sorry for being really thick

Last edited by Mysteeq : 08-04-11 at 11:46 AM.
08-04-11, 12:11 PM   #35
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
****, I'm sorry.

/use Item You Want
/cast [target=mouseover] Healing Touch

I'm so sorry I left that out, sorry for the confusion.
02-21-12, 07:38 AM   #36
CrouchinTigerMoshingPanda
A Murloc Raider
Post Help.

So I'm trying to figure out how to use clique with mouseover macros on enemy nameplates. Being a druid i find it easier to target enemies with more health to get my spells off like starfire. and tab targeting isnt working for me. Its just a personal preference. So if someone could explain how to make the macro or what it should look like ex: like starfire. and how to set it up in clique. Much appreciation in advance.
02-21-12, 07:47 AM   #37
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
It depends on precisely you want to happen. What key do you want to press when you're hovering over an enemy nameplate?

An easy example is the following;

1. Open the Clique UI
2. Navigate to Starfire
3. While hovering over it, press the 'F' key
4. An entry will be added to the Clique UI.
5. Right click the entry and deselect 'default', and select 'mouseover'.

Now you can mouseover any unit frame or nameplate and press 'F' to cast starfire. Mouseover macros can be designed to have different behaviour based on whether you are over a friendly or an enemy unit, but they can't be 'disabled' for the other kind.
02-21-12, 07:52 AM   #38
A Murloc Raider
Alright thanks! But how do you set a macro to clique. This is where im the most confused about. i open my macros but i dont know how to set them with clique.
02-21-12, 07:53 AM   #39
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You don't use existing macros. You click "Create custom binding" in Clique, and define your macro there, if you want a macro.

But what I just gave you doesn't require a macro.
02-21-12, 07:57 AM   #40
A Murloc Raider
Smile

Ohhh ok. Alright I understand now. Sorry for the trouble. I'm not much of a macro user and never used an addon like clique before. But now I understand now. Thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Custom macros for Clique