12-11-10, 09:25 PM   #1
antisocialian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
weird Book icon with close 'x'

I have this weird thing thats happening. I use the auto accept and auto turn in quests options and whenever i turn in a quest that doesnt have an item to choose there is this icon that shows up on my screen. It goes away when I press 'esc' of click the x, but theres a section near the edge of the screen that isnt click-thru, meaning I can't target or turn the screen with my mouse while its there. I attached a screen shot of it, I had to reduce the quality of it for it to be attached here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carbonite weirdness.png
Views:	648
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	5467  

12-12-10, 02:13 AM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I believe that's the top section of the default quest log window, but it's weird that it's showing up that way.

The first thing you should do is let us know what other addons you are using as I suspect this is a conflict with something else.

Second, make sure you are using the current Carbonite BETA release, found here. It's the link at the very bottom of the screen.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-12-10, 02:19 AM   #3
antisocialian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

at the time of the screenshot i only had the carbonite addon running, all the others were disabled. If I turn off the auto accept quest then the stuff doesnt appear. I did install an addon call Kong UI hider or somthing and its saying that the frame is the quest frame, so it is the top of a quest window...perhaps the on that was just auto turned in?

I hadnt grabbed the latest beta yet, but I will try that and get back to you on if that helps

12-12-10, 02:27 AM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Now that I think about it, I've been having a similar problem. I'm using the default quest log instead of Carb's along with Skinner. Sometimes but not always turning in a quest will leave the entire q-log panel up with nothing in it. I'll have to check it without Carb enabled to make sure it's not a Blizz thing. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play since Cata was released (bad timing on my part, no realm firsts for me) so some of these small things have wooshed right over my head.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-13-10, 11:56 PM   #5
antisocialian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ya after upgrading to the newest beta, 4.032002 and 4.032003 it still does it.

I do remember something like what you were saying, i'm hoping it isnt a blizz issue cause then it'll never get fixed.

let me know if theres anything else you want me to try, and I'll keep my eyes open for new beta & release versions...

12-14-10, 12:32 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have seen the turn in quest window stay open a few times after clicking complete, which could be a similar problem, but I have no idea why it is happening. I just press ESC and it goes away.

12-14-10, 05:29 PM   #7
Rhaeven
A Murloc Raider
Are there any folders inside your Interface folder other than the Addons one? Anything that makes changes to how blizz windows are displayed would likely go in there instead of in addons, and would not be affected by you turning an addon on or off.

02-22-11, 04:19 PM   #8
hapawar
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Same Issue Here...

I also run Carbonite and am having the exact same issue. Frequently the blue book with the x to the right of it pop up and the only thing I can seem to do is hit x to close it out. But it keeps happening and it is starting to get annoying. It shows up in exactly the same part of my interface as the screenshot shows, top left, which is where my raid party windows are. I do have auto accept and turn in quests and it only seems to happen when I am questing. I haven't been able to find any other information online about this but would love for the problem to go away. This problem only started with Cataclysm and never before that.

02-23-11, 05:59 AM   #9
hapawar
A Defias Bandit
Part of Log Interface not Closing

Okay so after troubleshooting a bit, this is what I find. The book with the x is part of the quest dialogue window. When the quest text usually comes up, you hit esc or x to close it out. But if you have Auto turn in, accept, or trigger self completion checked, the top part of the window, just the blue book and the x stay on the screen. So when the automatic action activates, it simply doesn't clear away the whole window and you have to do it manually by clicking x. If I have ANY of these three checked, it happens. If I disable them all, it goes away. The issue only occurs during questing. This sucks because I loved these three features. Hope this helps and hope someone can fix it.

Last edited by hapawar : 02-23-11 at 06:08 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » weird Book icon with close 'x'