01-03-07, 05:34 PM   #81
Bootabang
A Kobold Labourer
sorry for stupid question but if its any chance to get beta version or its only for testers?
01-03-07, 06:23 PM   #82
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bootabang
sorry for stupid question but if its any chance to get beta version or its only for testers?
You can just download it.. =)
From Wowinterface?
The site you're on =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-03-07, 07:21 PM   #83
Mils
A Defias Bandit
I noticed last night on Onyxia that when the raid leader was swapped around groups I'd get hit with a pretty nasty frame rate spike.

This made the stance dancing all that more "interesting" as this is the only new mod I had added that week I have assumed this might be a known issue here?

Mils
01-03-07, 07:24 PM   #84
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
What raid frames were you using before? The templates do have a bit of lag associated with them, as most people have found out. I can probably adjust some of my stuff, but I'd be interested in what you were using before.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-03-07, 08:20 PM   #85
demantra
A Kobold Labourer
First off, thanks Cladhaire for getting a beta out! I installed the mod, did a few rounds of AV then rolled five Naxx bosses. Zero issues. Seemed fast and accurate. Loved some of the features like it showing stacking renews.

http://milliron.org/chevron/wow/perfectraid.jpg

Feature request (in order):
1) Sort by class
2) Three columns
3) Highlight on mouse over

Thanks & keep up the good work!
01-03-07, 08:23 PM   #86
Mils
A Defias Bandit
I have ORA2, AG_unitframes.

no other unit frame addons cept aguf_banzaii

I do apolgoise I also had the addon Suicide Kings as we were testing it as well, but I am unsure that its the problem as I would get the spike when the "click" sound would happen signifying a group change.

I will provide more testing over the next week if I am unable to fix this.
01-03-07, 09:15 PM   #87
Aflat
A Murloc Raider
The buff Prayer of Spirit is just Prayer Spirit. With the new buff system its easy enough to change, but the default is off.
01-03-07, 09:36 PM   #88
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I've already corrected it locally, and I'll release it when I have a bit more to contribute.
01-04-07, 12:23 AM   #89
bacon
A Murloc Raider
Just used praid in UBRS. Couple of bugs/issues:

1. I noticed that the text, be it color change for agro, or text change for any reason, doesn't update unless the unit's health updates.

This results in not being able to trust agro indication. For example if someone has agro while you heal them to max health, then the mob dies, the Agro indicator will stay there permanently until that unit's health changes.

Also, if someone gets agro you don't know about it until their health changes.

2. I do know there is no way to query the owner of HoTs from the APIs that WOW provides but it would be *incredibly* nice to track/hook/intercept the application of your hots so you know that "your" hot is on a target. Yes if 2 renews are on a target and one of them gets dispelled there's no way to know if it was yours or not but personally I'm fine with perfectraid assuming the best case scenario, that it wasn't your renew. With perfect raid the display for stacking hots is so nice, tracking your own hots would really push that aspect over the top. It would allow healers to more easily keep hots stacked in PvE environments where dispelling just isn't something to concern yourself with in general.

Example:

Renew is configured as "green." Renew will show the normal green color if your renew is in the stack. It would show a darker shade of green if yours wasn't in the stack, and if it was "tainted," i.e. dispel was detected to be cast on that player it would be a 3rd color, or back dropped or whatever. Frankly I wouldn't care too much about supporting the idea of a tainted stack but some people might, including yourself
01-04-07, 02:35 AM   #90
Minou
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi Cladhaire,

I am getting lots of protectedCalls errors with version 0.1.3 in combat.

["message"] = "<event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'PerfectRaid' tried to call the protected function 'PRHeader2:SetScale()'.\n<in C code>: in function `SetScale'\nPerfectRaid\\PerfectRaid_Hacks.lua:140: in function `UpdateScale'\nPerfectRaid\\PerfectRaid_Hacks.lua:43: in function `ShowButton'\nPerfectRaid\\PerfectRaid.lua:335: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\PerfectRaid\\PerfectRaid.lua:300>\n<in C code>: in function `Show'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:749: in function <Interface\\FrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:696>:\nInterface\\FrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:841: in function <Interface\\FrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:791>:\n<in C code>: in function `SecureRaidGroupHeader_Update'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:582: in function `SecureRaidGroupHeader_OnEvent':\n<string>:\"PRHeader6:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"PRHeader6:OnEvent\"]:1>\n\n ---",
["type"] = "event",
["time"] = "2007/01/03 20:55:50",
["session"] = 153,
["counter"] = 80,
My Praid bars are scaled down to 75% -it looks like Praid updates scale in combat and producing the protected Scaling errors. One error par PRgroup header (Got over 90 of those calls in one evening)
01-04-07, 03:55 AM   #91
Smashme
A Kobold Labourer
Idea

Originally Posted by bacon
2. I do know there is no way to query the owner of HoTs from the APIs that WOW provides but it would be *incredibly* nice to track/hook/intercept the application of your hots so you know that "your" hot is on a target. Yes if 2 renews are on a target and one of them gets dispelled there's no way to know if it was yours or not but personally I'm fine with perfectraid assuming the best case scenario, that it wasn't your renew. With perfect raid the display for stacking hots is so nice, tracking your own hots would really push that aspect over the top. It would allow healers to more easily keep hots stacked in PvE environments where dispelling just isn't something to concern yourself with in general.

Example:

Renew is configured as "green." Renew will show the normal green color if your renew is in the stack. It would show a darker shade of green if yours wasn't in the stack, and if it was "tainted," i.e. dispel was detected to be cast on that player it would be a 3rd color, or back dropped or whatever. Frankly I wouldn't care too much about supporting the idea of a tainted stack but some people might, including yourself
I Agree with the renew stack thing bacon talked about, and i got a little idea my self. Just to mark a little red line around your own renew, so you easy can see yours.

Just a thing i have been looking for some time, but without luck. So if you could add (If not to complicated) it to your already great addon in a later version, would i be great.
01-04-07, 04:17 AM   #92
plebsy
A Murloc Raider
Hi, I was using praid on my priest last night in MC and I love it. It really does help see the picture much quicker. However, I'm not sure if I've not set it up properly or done something to bork it, but I found that Magic debuffs weren't showing up. This is ofc a crucial part of a priests life in raids. Would you mind explaining how I could get a generic "Magic Debuff" marker to come up next to the relevant target?

Thanks
01-04-07, 04:46 AM   #93
koleraLS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I played using pr 0.1.1 day before yesterday in alterac, using the updated clique and everything worked a treat. Then yesterday I updated pr to 0.1.3 and I got the dongle error message when logging in. It did not prevent either from working thought.

Great job with praid overall. Even lacking some cosmetics option, it's already huge.

I especially like the buff showing system: you just can do whaterver you want.

The alpha setting for out of range works really well too, for once, I've had no problem trying to heal out of range people which is a real problem in AV.

So, appart from that dongle message at log, no problem here.

wish list:

- I wish blizzard would release those damn templates

feature: if it's not too ressource intensive, get an optionnal secondary range checking so that people within a set distance (dispell distance for exemple ^^) get a sign (border coloring or such) different from the alpha modification that actualy exists (and is just fine, that does not need to be changed!)

cosmetics:

couple of things like changing colours, textures etc...

I'll not expand too much on that point since I don't know exactly what is waiting for the templates and what is not.

Anyway, a lot of thanks for your work!
01-04-07, 05:43 AM   #94
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Smile

hey there, i got i issue with beta perfect raid..
the thing is i dont see any of those buffs praid is all about !
here's screenshot...

( its from av but i never see "Int" or whatever near frames, same is MC etc )
allso this error pops out when joining raid group...

so cladhaire. can u explain me what am i missing ?( some dependen addon or something)
ohh, one more thing..is it normal that after typing /praid ingame i got only THIS frame?

? no options, no setting, nothing !
thx in advance for reply.

ps: as someone mentioned before, changing 1 line of a code makes all groups aranged verticaly in one column....thx m8
ps2: awesome mod Cladhire ! was missing it since 2.0 keep it up with god work

Last edited by raziel666 : 01-04-07 at 06:00 AM.
01-04-07, 05:59 AM   #95
plebsy
A Murloc Raider
Raziel - that's an error due to an out of date version of Clique.
01-04-07, 06:31 AM   #96
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by bacon
Just used praid in UBRS. Couple of bugs/issues:

1. I noticed that the text, be it color change for agro, or text change for any reason, doesn't update unless the unit's health updates.

This results in not being able to trust agro indication. For example if someone has agro while you heal them to max health, then the mob dies, the Agro indicator will stay there permanently until that unit's health changes.

Also, if someone gets agro you don't know about it until their health changes.

Example:

1. Not entirely true. You are correct that the aggro indicator will not fade unless the health updates, but you can check the code yourself, when a unit gains aggro for the first time, I force a health update, to update their aggro check. This should work fine, but please post a bug report on the googlecode page, as there are some changes I can make to make this more reliable. It won't get fixed if you don't post it there =)

2. Why can't you download a HoT timer that is specifically designed to track these sorts of things? I have no plans to put this in the PerfectRaid core, because its literally an entire seperate addon.

Originally Posted by Minou
Hi Cladhaire,

I am getting lots of protectedCalls errors with version 0.1.3 in combat.

My Praid bars are scaled down to 75% -it looks like Praid updates scale in combat and producing the protected Scaling errors. One error par PRgroup header (Got over 90 of those calls in one evening)
This is fixed locally, you can make the following change in PerfectRaid_Hacks.lua:

Code:
function Hacks:UpdateScale(val)
	if InCombatLockdown() then return end
	local scale = val or PerfectRaid.db.profile.HacksScale
	for i=1,8 do
		local name = "PRHeader"..i
		local button = getglobal(name)
		if button then
			button:SetScale(scale)
		end
	end
end
Originally Posted by Smashme
I Agree with the renew stack thing bacon talked about, and i got a little idea my self. Just to mark a little red line around your own renew, so you easy can see yours.

Just a thing i have been looking for some time, but without luck. So if you could add (If not to complicated) it to your already great addon in a later version, would i be great.
You can't draw a red line around text. We're not using buff icons.

Originally Posted by plebsy
Hi, I was using praid on my priest last night in MC and I love it. It really does help see the picture much quicker. However, I'm not sure if I've not set it up properly or done something to bork it, but I found that Magic debuffs weren't showing up. This is ofc a crucial part of a priests life in raids. Would you mind explaining how I could get a generic "Magic Debuff" marker to come up next to the relevant target?

Thanks
You either need to reset your database, as explained in the mod's description, or set up a buff with the buff name "Magic".

Originally Posted by koleraLS
I played using pr 0.1.1 day before yesterday in alterac, using the updated clique and everything worked a treat. Then yesterday I updated pr to 0.1.3 and I got the dongle error message when logging in. It did not prevent either from working thought.
"The Dongle Error Message". If you don't post, I can't help you. If you are getting an error message and not posting it, then you're only hurting everyone. Please don't post here saying "I got an error" without posting what it was. Regardless of what it is, any error message points to some problem.

I'll not expand too much on that point since I don't know exactly what is waiting for the templates and what is not. Anyway, a lot of thanks for your work!
Columns.. Everythign else is waiting for me to code it.

Originally Posted by raziel666
hey there, i got i issue with beta perfect raid..
the thing is i dont see any of those buffs praid is all about !
here's screenshot...
( its from av but i never see "Int" or whatever near frames, same is MC etc )
allso this error pops out when joining raid group...

so cladhaire. can u explain me what am i missing ?( some dependen addon or something)
ohh, one more thing..is it normal that after typing /praid ingame i got only THIS frame?

? no options, no setting, nothing !
thx in advance for reply.

ps: as someone mentioned before, changing 1 line of a code makes all groups aranged verticaly in one column....thx m8
ps2: awesome mod Cladhire ! was missing it since 2.0 keep it up with god work
Again, reset your database, as explained in the mod desription, or add the buff name manually. In your case, I would reset the database to ensure you get all the default notifications. Also, as mentioned, update Clique, as again.. described about 30,000 times already.
01-04-07, 06:36 AM   #97
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

thx Plebsy . updated Clique and it works fine now
( strange couse i got clique from yesterday , amazing how those mods got updated every minute ;] )
ps: still i cannot make distance check work, i guess frame should come fade when that person is out of range...but i got normal, full color frame all the time...so any advice on this?
01-04-07, 07:41 AM   #98
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
If you aren't a healer, then range checking won't work for you at the moment.
01-04-07, 07:53 AM   #99
raziel666
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ohhh. so thats teh trick ;]
but w8. iam not a healer? I? i bandage all teh time! am better in healing done then shamans!! hehehe
anyway...really good work..and support...thx...keep it up "
01-04-07, 07:55 AM   #100
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
If you want for the meantime, until its a full optino, in PerfectRaid_Range.lua where it says:

local spells = {
DRUID = L["Healing Touch"],
SHAMAN = L["Healing Wave"],
PRIEST = L["Lesser Heal"],
PALADIN = L["Holy Light"],
}

You can add

MAGE = "Remove Lesser Curse",

This will be a temporary hack to make it work for your mage, using Remove Lesser Curse as the basis for your range check.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help