04-30-09, 09:06 PM   #1
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
My UI and Scaling

I was thinking the other day: "What if I could fix my UI so that fit on virtually any resolution?". Judging by the default UI and other UI compilations I have seen (Mazzle, Spartan, etc), it could be done.

I'm just wondering how. I use kgPanels for art and PitBull for unit frames. I have artwork attached to most of my unit frames (including the Minimap). I also use art to add a "button socket" effect for by Bartender 4 action bars, however, they are not attached to the action bars through parenting.

If I scale the UI down right now (I think), change resolution or the aspect ratio, the unit frames jump out of place, as to be expected. Can I fix this so that my UI is a little more universal and more people can use it? If the default UI can support any resolution, why shouldn't mine?
05-06-09, 05:35 PM   #2
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Bump.

Another problem that I've been running into is that with Shadow Priests, Shadowform is now considered a Stance, therfore it goes on the Stance Bar just as it would for a Warrior, Paladin, Druid, Death Knight or whatever. The problem is I use Bartender4 which I love to death, but for some reason when I center Shadowform on my UI, then log onto my Warrior, the stance bar is shifted to the left and is no longer centered correctly. It is still in the correct vertical position, but it's not centering where I would like it to. Both characters use the same profile and I would prefer to keep it that way.

The anchor is set to center, so I'm wondering why it does this? Any tips?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » My UI and Scaling