07-21-19, 06:52 AM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Twitch Game Version column

When I update my addon (Skillet) on WoWInterface one of the options is Addon Compatibility where I can pick which versions the addon is compatible with.

For better or worse, my addon's SVN repository is hosted on WowAce and packaged by their package manager who knows where.

When my addon appears on Twitch, there is a Game Version column that is updated for some addons but not mine. What do I need to do to set that for my addon?
07-21-19, 10:22 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
The Game Version column on CurseForge/Twitch is set when you upload the addon.

At the bottom of the upload file page there are two newish options.

Supported WoW Versions - 8.2.0 current latest choice
Supported WoW Classic Versions - 1.13.2 current latest choice

It might be that you haven't updated recently there to have seen the options. But I think you can edit your downloads to make the necessary changes.
07-21-19, 12:27 PM   #3
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I don't upload my addon, the packager does that for me. It sounds like I have to tell the packager somehow.
07-21-19, 11:50 PM   #4
MooreaTv
An Aku'mai Servant
it's been a random number/text for both my own addons and others

oh and if you want to see another random label/version, click any addon you have installed (detailed page/view) and check for the zip name showing there next to the addon title

Last edited by MooreaTv : 07-21-19 at 11:53 PM. Reason: adding another one
07-22-19, 05:57 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
I don't upload my addon, the packager does that for me. It sounds like I have to tell the packager somehow.
It might be that Twitch hasn't applied that functionality to the packager if there is no clear option to set it. You may have to contact them and report the issue to them.
07-22-19, 08:00 AM   #6
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
One way I found was editing the file meta.
You find it when you pick the file directly eg for one of my addons it would be
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon.../files/2732803
there you find an edit option that allows to set the versions
https://www.curseforge.com/project/3...s/2732803/edit

for your addon it should be this
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon.../files/2744775
07-22-19, 08:47 AM   #7
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
One way I found was editing the file meta.
for Skillet it should be this
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon.../files/2744775
Thanks! That's the closest I've gotten but when I clicked on "Edit", the game version was already set to 8.2.0. Twitch, however, still says 5.3.0 so I'm still confused, but at a higher level
07-22-19, 10:04 AM   #8
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
If its just the client it might be that you did not use the twitch-client to install/update your addon.
So the client cant know what version is installed? (I dont use twitch so I dont know how it works)
07-22-19, 10:32 AM   #9
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
If its just the client it might be that you did not use the twitch-client to install/update your addon.
So the client cant know what version is installed?
I try and use all the different methods that others might use so that I can verify that they work. This particular Skillet update, Twitch informed me that there was a new version and I updated it via Twitch.

I'm beginning to believe that the solution will involve me telling the packager somehow. It's going to be even more complicated when Classic releases in a month.
07-31-19, 10:03 AM   #10
wildcard25
An Aku'mai Servant

It's not a packaging problem, the Twitch client just isn't putting the correct Game Version in the Game Version column. It's been broken since an update they did around the time that BFA launched. Of the addons that I have installed, the ones that show the correct Game Version have that version stored in their local database metafile. All of the one's that are showing an incorrect Game Version don't have any data stored (ie. '"gameVersion": [],'). I could make a guess where they are pulling the info that they are showing from, but my post might get moderated if I do.

They also haven't remapped the addon version info.
Code:
old version info = "FileName", new version info = "displayName"
I guess that's why it's showing the filename now
Code:
old filename = "FileNameOnDisk", new file name = "fileName"
("FileNameOnDisk" is still hanging around though and has the same info as "fileName")
07-31-19, 01:14 PM   #11
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by wildcard25 View Post
It's not a packaging problem, the Twitch client just isn't putting the correct Game Version in the Game Version column. It's been broken since an update they did around the time that BFA launched.
My contention all along. Twitch Support has a different opinion (probably from the same place the current info is from)

Hello there,

Unfortunately, Twitch Support does not provide in regards to Modpack or Addon Projects. Project Authors are solely responsible for keeping their projects up to date and fully functional. We recommend reaching out to the Addon Author for any further questions or concerns.

Thanks!
07-31-19, 08:04 PM   #12
wildcard25
An Aku'mai Servant

Well my guess was right, and while I don't particularly like js, I can use it if I have to. From their code
Code:
t.getInstalledVersion = function() {
    return t.props.instance.installedData.installedFile.fileName
}
it should be
Code:
    return t.props.instance.installedData.installedFile.displayName
And their Game Version code filters an unordered list by release type, then just takes the Game Version from the last entry of the unordered list. So, basically, it could be any version of the game that has a release of the same type.
Code:
t.getGameVersion = function() {
    var e = t.props.instance.addon.gameVersionLatestFiles && t.props.instance.addon.gameVersionLatestFiles.filter(function(e) {
        return 1 === e.fileType
    }) || [];
    return e.length ? e[e.length - 1].gameVersion : Object(m.d)("N/A", "InstalledAddon")
}
On the plus side, they corrected the spelling mistake and it's now called "gameVersion" instead of "GameVesion"

edit: Funny thing is, where they get the fileName attribute (again they should be using displayName) for the latest addon version, the game version is also there as an attribute.

Last edited by wildcard25 : 08-01-19 at 06:44 AM.
08-01-19, 05:57 AM   #13
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

So, um, is there a fix or something we can do as authors? I was looking at this page and saw the line
Code:
## Globe: check-classic
I have never heard of that line in any .toc before. What is Globe, what are its arguments, where did it come from, why isn't it documented anywhere?
08-01-19, 06:16 AM   #14
wildcard25
An Aku'mai Servant

We can't fix it ourselves, it's a Twitch client bug. Fortunately, it looks like it is just a display bug. As far as I can tell, the correct 'latest version' of the addon is being shown. Whether that will still hold true when classic is released, I have no idea.

'## Globe: check-classic' is for Globe. Info about Globe
08-01-19, 06:41 AM   #15
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Globe is a wonderful tool. I think we should start a new thread for it (as far from Twitch as possible ).
08-01-19, 12:32 PM   #16
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ah. I misunderstood Globe's purpose. I thought it was a new, undocumented Blizzard addition to the ToC and that was why addons were being incorrectly displayed. Globe is a third party. Good to know.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Twitch Game Version column