10-28-07, 09:32 AM   #1
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Request Add-On: Enemy Cooldown Tracking

I've searched everywhere I could think of and haven't been able to find it. NECB tracks some, Antagonist tracks some, but not all the really important ones:

Kidney Shot
Blink
Psychic Scream
Howl of Terror
Kick
Pummel
Earthshock
Intercept
Frost Nova
Overpower
Riposte
Feral charge
Bash
Grounding totem
Shadowburn
Mind Blast
Shadow Word: Death
Power Word: Shield / Weakened Soul
Counterspell
Cloak of Shadows
Silenced in School effects. Example; Paladin casts holy light, rogue kicks him. He is now silenced in that tree for five seconds.
Enemy global cooldown (this would be awesome.)

It baffles me that nobody has made an add on which can track these as it would be massively useful.

A scenario: You're a rogue. You begin attacking a priest. He psychic screams you the moment he gets out of stunlock. You immediately trinket and kick his cast. You're back on him. He's getting fed heals, since this an arena match. You watch his psychic scream cooldown bar. You know that he's desperate and that once his PS cooldown is up again he'll let it off. You see 2 seconds left on it. You hit him with a 5 point kidney shot, to give you room in case it gets resisted. It doesn't. He's stuck in it. You cloak of shadows with .1 seconds left on your kidney shot. He pops psychic scream a split second later. You're still on him. He dies shortly thereafter. This is just one scenario in which having such a mod would be invaluable.

This could determine the difference between a win and a loss.

Another thing would be enemy global cooldown. Because I have high latency (600+) and play in competitive ratings (2100+) I have to mitigate my lag to be successful. One way I do this is to cast my moves right as I see my target cast theirs, knowing that for 1.5 seconds they'll be locked out and I won't have to respond to them. This is a lifeline trick for me, and would be greatly enhanced by an enemy global cooldown mod. I'm sure it would benefit players without lag as well.

Thank you. >_>

Last edited by matcauthonrh : 11-09-07 at 04:45 PM.
10-28-07, 12:47 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

try SorrenTimers?

i use it, but not to track others' cooldowns tho (tho it is designed to do that), so i'm not sure if it has those specific abilities, but you might check it out...
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
10-28-07, 02:38 PM   #3
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

what u want is antagonist

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Antagonist
10-28-07, 03:56 PM   #4
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Sithraza
what u want is antagonist

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Antagonist
Antagonist does not track Psychic Scream. If I can get it to track Psychic Scream and a couple others I'd be happy with Antagonist.
I've got it to track Blink and Frost Nova which is nice, haven't tested Howl of Terror yet.

Last edited by matcauthonrh : 10-28-07 at 04:41 PM.
10-28-07, 04:14 PM   #5
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Rigorous
try SorrenTimers?

i use it, but not to track others' cooldowns tho (tho it is designed to do that), so i'm not sure if it has those specific abilities, but you might check it out...
I use Sorren to track my own buffs (mongoose procs, Slice n Dice, etc.) From what I can tell it doesn't really do a whole lot of enemy cooldowns.
10-28-07, 04:36 PM   #6
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

you're right, you were looking for cooldowns, not buffs....totally my bad for not engaging my brain before engaging my typing hands.

i've been messing alot lately with various mods (and/or combinations of mods) for tracking my buffs/debuffs/cooldowns and target buffs/debuffs (but not enemy cooldowns) and i think i'm just starting to get cross-eyed at those things.
10-30-07, 10:04 AM   #7
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bump for great justice! I'm really keen on finding a mod for enemy CD tracking. :/

To be honest I'm surprised that more people aren't with me on this. Think how amazingly useful it would be.

Last edited by matcauthonrh : 10-30-07 at 10:40 AM.
10-30-07, 10:30 AM   #8
Faulasoof
A Kobold Labourer
Red face

thanks for that

name in the game : Faulasoof

add me in your frinds

server : 10

ok evry one I wanna frinds in this server
11-01-07, 04:48 AM   #9
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bump for great justice!
11-02-07, 09:28 AM   #10
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Nobody is interested in this? I'm amazed, really. I'm going to keep this bumped until somebody develops or modifies an add on to do this.
11-03-07, 04:55 PM   #11
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bumpsauce.
11-05-07, 06:03 PM   #12
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bump...

Please authors, hear my cry ;p
11-05-07, 07:43 PM   #13
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by matcauthonrh
Bump...
another one to try would be DoTimer. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...2-DoTimer.html

it is reputed to be something of a resource hog (which i cannot confirm or deny, just parroting things i have seen in forum discussions), and i have not tried specifically to track enemy cooldowns with it (i don't even know to what extent the requisite events appear in the combat log), but i have successfully customized it to alert me when my own Blinkstrike proc goes off (by parsing the combat log for "You gain an extra attack through Blinkstrike" messages), and a few other odd little things.

so, there might be a way to get it to do what you want. it also posesses a number of other customization features that could be useful.
11-05-07, 08:04 PM   #14
Hellarion
A Black Drake

no one uses NECB..works well for me..specially fighting pallys
11-06-07, 07:15 AM   #15
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
DoT Timer is for the player's spells, not the enemy's.

NECB does not have very complete support for cooldowns. It tends to work on only the long ones, which aren't helpful at all. Very few arena matches last over 2-4 minutes.
11-09-07, 03:59 PM   #16
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bumping again. I'm really hoping this will catch the attention of someone capable of authoring a mod to meet these needs. I have no doubt that it would be an invaluable PvP tool.

11-09-07, 05:33 PM   #17
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Short answer: learn2pvp

Long answer: if you would stop bumping and start thinking for a second maybe the fact that no one is doing it despite the huge community means it would not be that useful after all. If you play long enough you eventually learn the durations of cooldowns applied against your class, and based on your own ability cooldowns you will know how to time your counter-attacks or preventive defenses. And let's say you can track those cooldowns, what are you going to do with that information? Just because the enemy can use a cooldown means he will blow it right away again, so at best you will waste your own abilities early and that will please your enemy for sure. If HE knows how to play he may even count on that. PvP is just too intensive to spend time watching timers. It is quite different with PvE where mobs AI has limits and you can actually make use of as much information as you can, including cooldowns.

Conclusion: is it possible to do? Most likely yes. Is it that useful? Maybe, maybe not. Will someone do it then? Probably one day, unless everyone ignored you from the repeated bumping
11-09-07, 05:42 PM   #18
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kaomie
Short answer: learn2pvp

Long answer: if you would stop bumping and start thinking for a second maybe the fact that no one is doing it despite the huge community means it would not be that useful after all. If you play long enough you eventually learn the durations of cooldowns applied against your class, and based on your own ability cooldowns you will know how to time your counter-attacks or preventive defenses. And let's say you can track those cooldowns, what are you going to do with that information? Just because the enemy can use a cooldown means he will blow it right away again, so at best you will waste your own abilities early and that will please your enemy for sure. If HE knows how to play he may even count on that. PvP is just too intensive to spend time watching timers. It is quite different with PvE where mobs AI has limits and you can actually make use of as much information as you can, including cooldowns.

Conclusion: is it possible to do? Most likely yes. Is it that useful? Maybe, maybe not. Will someone do it then? Probably one day, unless everyone ignored you from the repeated bumping
I'm sincerely sorry you feel that way. However, you're not the type of person I take advice from, so I will continue to bump this post until my persistence pays off. Which it will.

PvP is not too intensive to watch timers. PvP is all about awareness. The more information you can process and work with, the better. While enemy cooldown tracking does not directly indicate that an enemy WILL blow his cooldown right as it comes up again, it simply frames it as a likelihood, especially when arena is increasingly more about cooldown efficiency and countering applied pressure. I do a good job of being aware of enemy cooldowns, but when you're in the thick of an arena fight, time seems to elongate and it becomes difficult to track enemy cooldowns precisely. Try counting in your head while you monitor everything else happening - which is what I do now. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. That is the precise purpose of many add-ons: doing things that you could do, but would demand immense multi-tasking and concentration on behalf of the player, which could otherwise be applied more productively. Do you need boss mods for raiding? No. I guess you could tell all the hardcore PvErs who do to "l2PvE" but that would be antithetical to the entire concept of using add-ons and by extension being a member of a site for add-ons. Please uninstall all your add ons and play with a default UI if this is indeed your philosophy.

As for "l2pvp" I will wager that my arena ratings are much higher than yours despite my latency handicaps, so I'm going to go ahead and completely discount that.

Now, since you mentioned ignoring, how can I ignore you? Because your answer is far more spiteful than helpful.

Conclusion: You can't stop a pimp. You can only slow him down.

Last edited by matcauthonrh : 11-09-07 at 05:50 PM.
11-09-07, 05:55 PM   #19
Alumno
A Murloc Raider

the addon you are looking for is called magictrack

I have no idea how to get it and i am trying to figure out where i can find it. it is a private addon made by an anonymous author
11-09-07, 05:58 PM   #20
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Alumno
the addon you are looking for is called magictrack

I have no idea how to get it and i am trying to figure out where i can find it. it is a private addon made by an anonymous author
Thank you, sir. I will begin looking for it too. My initial google search yielded nothing. If I find anything, I'll PM you.

/salute

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Enemy Cooldown Tracking